Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Fair and Balanced Story by Rich Cimini...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Fair and Balanced Story by Rich Cimini...

[SIZE="4"][B]The Cromartie rap sheet [/B][/SIZE]

By Rich Cimini

[B]This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie:[/B]

* A guy who, after being drafted by the Chargers in 2006, failed to properly complete his application for a driver's license in the state of California, according to the San Diego Union Tribune. He was never issued a license, according to the DMV, but that apparently didn't stop him from getting behind the wheel because ...

* In April, 2008, he was convicted of failing to obey a traffic sign.

* In March, 2009, he was ticketed for driving while talking on a cell phone. He didn't show up for the court date.

* In November, 2009, a bar patron accused Cromartie of throwing a champagne bottle that struck him in the head. Police investigated, but there wasn't enough evidence to file charges.

* In December, 2009, Cromartie ran a red light and failed to appear in court to answer the charge. Result: $799 in fines, still unpaid.

* Later this month, he is scheduled to appear in San Diego Superior Court for unpaid child support. Cromartie has fathered seven children with six women (all kids under the age of 6) and has been named in at least five paternity suits. The Union Tribune reported last month that he owes $25,000 in unpaid child support to one of the mothers.

This is only the off-the-field stuff.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/the-cromartie-rap-sheet.html#comments#ixzz0hJdvb5lm[/url]

is this [B]all[/B] the Jets get? Or do they ALSO get a player that was a pro bowler just a couple of seasons ago? How about a player with remarkable physical skills? Do they get a player that was miscast in a bend but don't break, zone defense? Do they get a player who is in his final year of his rookie contract and playing for a huge pay day? Do they get an upgrade at the #2 CB spot? And do they get all of the above by giving up [B]nothing[/B] this season and maybe a 3rd round pick in two years?

It goes without saying that Cromartie's personal issues have to be [B]part[/B] of the discussion. But where is the other part of the discussion; the things I brought up? I guess a balanced look is not part of Cimini's agenda :zzz:.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-05-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    some funny comment underneath the story lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... Talking on a cell phone while driving and failing to stop at a stop sign.

I wonder how Rex will keep this guy under control.

Jesus Cimini sucks. It's really embarrasing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned last night if the Jets acquired Marshall the NY media would continue to bring up Marshall's off-field issues...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cack89;3514732]some funny comment underneath the story lol[/QUOTE]

I like this comment;

NSpano89
    March 5, 2010 10:04 AM Oh No RICH! how could he? did he REALLY Disobey a traffic sign! LOCK HIM UP THROW AWAY THE KEY! you just cant help but to hide your hatred for the Jets, honestly every time i read a different article from you, i shake my head and wonder how such a hack like you can get this job, seriously brother, stop complaining for once, this is a type of deal that could put our defense over the top.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/the-cromartie-rap-sheet.html#comments#ixzz0hJiLdlOs[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping the move to NY will be a humbling experience for him (as it was for Edwards last season). Cromartie has some growing up and maturing to do but hopefully the worst is in the past and he will live up to some of that potential. Bart Scott and the rest of the veterans aren't going to let him f-off once he gets here so he is going to have to make some adjustments.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's our Dick

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3514737]I mentioned last night if the Jets acquired Marshall the NY media would continue to bring up Marshall's off-field issues...[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Ray Lewis came to the Jets the media would say look for dead bodies on the streets of NY??:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3514737]I mentioned last night if the Jets acquired Marshall the NY media would continue to bring up Marshall's off-field issues...[/QUOTE]

Its complete hypocrisy as usual. Here is a guy that "reports" about how the Jets franchise has been so poor compared to the Giants in this town. Thats fine except the Giants enjoyed two Super Bowl seasons led by a man who was snorting cocaine in the locker room. Tell me when the Giants are giving those trophies back?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3514722][SIZE="4"][B]The Cromartie rap sheet [/B][/SIZE]

is this [B]all[/B] the Jets get? Or do they ALSO get a player that was a pro bowler just a couple of seasons ago? How about a player with remarkable physical skills? Do they get a player that was miscast in a bend but don't break, zone defense? Do they get a player who is in his final year of his rookie contract and playing for a huge pay day? Do they get an upgrade at the #2 CB spot? And do they get all of the above by giving up [B]nothing[/B] this season and maybe a 3rd round pick in two years?

It goes without saying that Cromartie's personal issues have to be [B]part[/B] of the discussion. But where is the other part of the discussion; the things I brought up? I guess a balanced look is not part of Cimini's agenda :zzz:.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you're an "intelligent" Jets fan, but certainly not an objective one. I mean Jesus christ, the guy is reporting facts about Cromartie's off-field incidents, which are many. Say what you want about what Cromartie did on the field in 2007, this is a flat-out roll of the dice by Tannenbaum, just like Lito Sheppard was, only with a little more upside. How did Lito turn out? Perhaps there was a reason Philly was willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. And it turns out there was. So maybe Cromartie will turn out different. I sure as hell hope so. But that doesn't mean reporters should act like the people on this board - a.k.a. FANS - and do a rah-rah piece instead of a factual account of why a playoff team might be willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. Good f'ing lord...

PS - the "other part of the story" came in Cimini's blog BEFORE the one you posted. Check it out:
    [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/[/url]

These Cimini threads are so tiring. Maybe you should just read newyorkjets.com for your news and be done with it.
    Last edited by Toooon; 03-05-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol... death, taxes, and Rich Cimini :shakehead

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say the paternity stuff makes me cringe, am I just a prude, or does this scream of a guy out of control? 7 children by different women, lock up your daughters...

[QUOTE]The 25-year-old Cromartie also has had his share of legal troubles. He has dealt with at least five paternity suits; he has fathered seven children by several woman.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Cro hasn't exactly been the model citizen....the stories related by Cimini have been widely reported in SD. Its not surprising that the media will be reporting on them here.

The Jets have taken on a real problem'd player. There's a reason that they were able to get such a talented guy at such a reasonable price. High risk, high reward.

Cimini didn't make anything up. Getting a ticket for driving while talking on a cell phone isn't a big deal. That, in combination with everything else (including not showing up or paying the ticket), is a problem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Cimini Sucks, as Does Almost ALL Sports Media

2. Cimini sucking does not make these things untrue. If one chooses to be concerned about them, thats up to them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    last time i checked a guy can't have children by himself. he may be irresponsible off the field but as long as he plays, and plays well, there should be no problem.

what i would be concerned with is the whole punk attitude that chargers team has. starts from the top down and goes from rivers to merriman to kady. also, that's where all of the designer drugs have been centered. i'm hoping the jets did their homework and explored that connection with cromartie.

[QUOTE=JetStream;3514798]I have to say the paternity stuff makes me cringe, am I just a prude, or does this scream of a guy out of control? 7 children by different women, lock up your daughters...[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    imagine being a beat writer and publicly hating the team that you cover. how long would you hold that job?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    And its not like Cimini didn't post an analysis of the trade first. That's here:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/cromartie-trade-analysis.html[/url]

I don't need a team of choir boys. I love that we got a sh!t talker like Bart Scott. Guys like Marshall or Cro, I'm less enthused about. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully a fresh start suits him though. But just from his past off the field dalliances, he seems like a POS.
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-05-2010 at 11:22 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3514833]last time i checked a guy can't have children by himself. he may be irresponsible off the field but as long as he plays, and plays well, there should be no problem.

what i would be concerned with is the whole punk attitude that chargers team has. starts from the top down and goes from rivers to merriman to kady. also, that's where all of the designer drugs have been centered. i'm hoping the jets did their homework and explored that connection with cromartie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks...

hey, if he's "takin care of his kids" great, but something tells me he's their father, but not a dad. makes for a great society.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetStream;3514869]Yeah, thanks...

hey, if he's "takin care of his kids" great, but something tells me he's their father, but not a dad. makes for [B]the NBA[/B].[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you 12 years old?

What is this personal vandetta against the media. Shut the hell up allready.