Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Fair and Balanced Story by Rich Cimini...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetStream;3514798]I have to say the paternity stuff makes me cringe, am I just a prude, or does this scream of a guy out of control? 7 children by different women, lock up your daughters...[/QUOTE]

Guy is a POS. If he was going to the Pats, we'd be laughing about how he can't tackle a running back, about how he can take down the women, and how he is sooo stupid he can't figure out how a condom works.

I'll be honest, I don't want him, never did, and don't like the move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chirorob;3514880]Guy is a POS. If he was going to the Pats, we'd be laughing about how he can't tackle a running back, about how he can take down the women, and how he is sooo stupid he can't figure out how a condom works.

[B]I'll be honest, I don't want him, never did, and don't like the move[/B].[/QUOTE]

until Sunday's in the Fall?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3514777]Perhaps you're an "intelligent" Jets fan, but certainly not an objective one. I mean Jesus christ, the guy is reporting facts about Cromartie's off-field incidents, which are many. Say what you want about what Cromartie did on the field in 2007, this is a flat-out roll of the dice by Tannenbaum, just like Lito Sheppard was, only with a little more upside. How did Lito turn out? Perhaps there was a reason Philly was willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. And it turns out there was. So maybe Cromartie will turn out different. I sure as hell hope so. But that doesn't mean reporters should act like the people on this board - a.k.a. FANS - and do a rah-rah piece instead of a factual account of why a playoff team might be willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. Good f'ing lord...

PS - the "other part of the story" came in Cimini's blog BEFORE the one you posted. Check it out:
    [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/[/url]

These Cimini threads are so tiring. Maybe you should just read newyorkjets.com for your news and be done with it.[/QUOTE]With the Politics Forum closed, "Intelligent"**cough**Jetsfan has to pick on Cimini. He can't rail against Fox News and Sean Hannity anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a "rap" sheet???

LOL. There's not a single criminal charge in there.

A traffic infraction is not a criminal charge.

Cimini is pissed because his "sources" said the Jets aren't going after Cromartie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Cimini has never violated any traffic laws, always uses his blue tooth while driving. In fact, he is Jesus, and can judge everyone else.

Jesus Cimini. Hail the Messiah.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder what kind of locker room cancer he is? His former team didn't want to get rid of him because he had a couple of traffic violations. Probably goes deeper.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3514940]Wonder what kind of locker room cancer he is? His former team didn't want to get rid of him because he had a couple of traffic violations. Probably goes deeper.[/QUOTE]

The same as Moss was said to be I'd guess..:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3514893]With the Politics Forum closed, "Intelligent"**cough**Jetsfan has to pick on Cimini. He can't rail against Fox News and Sean Hannity anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ah, HD...it stands to reason that you would defend Mr. Cimini. Considering your "news" sources, it comes as no surprise. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats had a strong locker room leadership when Randy came on board. He's been voted TC. Hardly a cancer.:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3514903]I'm sure Cimini has never violated any traffic laws, always uses his blue tooth while driving. In fact, he is Jesus, and can judge everyone else.

Jesus Cimini. Hail the Messiah.[/QUOTE]

That is a logical fallacy of an argument.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque[/url]

The Jets did not just trade a draft pick to aquire Cimini, nor will they pay millions next year to Cimini.

More specificly to the logical fallacy: Nor would Cimini acting in a similar way change or diminish Cromartie acting that way, and it's relevance (or lack therof) to us aquiring him.

Cimini, like or not, is simply reporting facts. Those facts exist reagrdless of the bias of whomever reports them (and their own issues), and each reader is free to judge them as he/she sees fit. But the fact that it's cimini reporting them is irreleavnt to the issue of their existance.
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-05-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3514940]Wonder what kind of locker room cancer he is? His former team didn't want to get rid of him because he had a couple of traffic violations. Probably goes deeper.[/QUOTE]

No, you're right, it does go deeper. They traded him after two underachieving seasons in which he criticized the decisions of the coaching staff to not use more man coverage, something at which he excels. Presumably this will be a non-issue now that he is with the Jets. This has all been discussed at length here. Perhaps your reading ability is as remedial as Cromartie's is purported to be, or maybe you only came here to troll the boards and stir some sh!t?

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3514957]Pats had a strong locker room leadership when Randy came on board. He's been voted TC. Hardly a cancer.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and the Jets have a very strong locker room as well. Even with the possible loss of Thomas Jones there is a very strong, vocal veteran presence. Of course, I wouldn't expect a fan of another team to know that, only to assume otherwise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3514777]Perhaps you're an "intelligent" Jets fan, but certainly not an objective one. I mean Jesus christ, the guy is reporting facts about Cromartie's off-field incidents, which are many. Say what you want about what Cromartie did on the field in 2007, this is a flat-out roll of the dice by Tannenbaum, just like Lito Sheppard was, only with a little more upside. How did Lito turn out? Perhaps there was a reason Philly was willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. And it turns out there was. So maybe Cromartie will turn out different. I sure as hell hope so. But that doesn't mean reporters should act like the people on this board - a.k.a. FANS - and do a rah-rah piece instead of a factual account of why a playoff team might be willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. Good f'ing lord...

PS - the "other part of the story" came in Cimini's blog BEFORE the one you posted. Check it out:
    [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/[/url]

These Cimini threads are so tiring. Maybe you should just read newyorkjets.com for your news and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

Nowhere did I ask for (nor do I desire) to read a rah-rah article about the Jets. As I have said in previous posts at this forum I would rather read the truth about my team; not some rosey, YES Network version of reality. But I also don't like it when an alleged "journalist", who is the beat writer for the team, spins everything to the negative. That is what Cimini has done throughout his career and I would welcome a debate with you on that point if you disagree.

In my initial post I commented that Cromartie's behavior was definitely [B]part [/B]of the story. [B]PART[/B] of the story! Nowhere did I say that his history should not matter or should be ignored. But Cimini spent the [I]majority[/I] of the space for his column extrolling the negative. The tone was very negative and cynical for a trade [B]that has little risk to the Jets in the long term[/B].
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-05-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3514965]That is a logical fallacy of an argument.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque[/url]

The Jets did not just trade a draft pick, nor will they pay millions next year, to Cimini.

More specificly to the logical fallacy: Nor would Cimini acting in a similar way change or diminish Cromartie acting that way, and it's relevance (or lack therof) to us aquiring him.

Cimini, like or not, is simply reporting facts. Those facts exist reagrdless of the boas of who reports them, and each reader is free to judge them as he/she sees fit. But the fact that it's cimini reporting them is irreleavnt to the issue of their existance.[/QUOTE]

Well, I believe it's relevant to his reporting. Cimini reports the facts that he wants to report, and leaves out other relevant facts like the amount of INTs Cromartie has done while performing on the field. TDs? How has Cromartie performed related to their pass rush? Cimini points fingers like no one's business. Ellis smokes pot, why not hear about that off the field issue. It's just the flavor of the week, and it's always a ****ty flavor with Cimini.

He's a beat writer. Every beat writer that I've read articles from his respective team is positive. We get debbie-downer to the nth degree. It's how he riles us up here in the NY area [I]cauze weez is stoopid Jetz fans[/I].

It's fine WF, I just believe he can stop judging and finger pointing and be more positive every once in a while. I personally don't believe someone who can't talk X's and O's should write about football, and Cimini has difficulty doing that. Plus, he's an ass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3514965][B]Cimini, like or not, is simply reporting facts[/B]. Those facts exist reagrdless of the bias of whomever reports them (and their own issues), and each reader is free to judge them as he/she sees fit. But the fact that it's cimini reporting them is irreleavnt to the issue of their existance.[/QUOTE]

No, he's not.

He's presenting opinion couched in facts.

What Cimini reported isn't a rap sheet. There's no criminal charges/conviction in any of them. But Cimini still calls it a rap sheet. That's an opinion.

When I saw the term "rap sheet" I was expecting to see items concerning arrests, etc. and all we got is traffic infractions. Get real.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3514990]Well, I believe it's relevant to his reporting. Cimini reports the facts that he wants to report, and leaves out other relevant facts like the amount of INTs Cromartie has done while performing on the field. TDs? How has Cromartie performed related to their pass rush? Cimini points fingers like no one's business. Ellis smokes pot, why not hear about that off the field issue. It's just the flavor of the week, and it's always a ****ty flavor with Cimini.

He's a beat writer. Every beat writer that I've read articles from his respective team is positive. We get debbie-downer to the nth degree. It's how he riles us up here in the NY area [I]cauze weez is stoopid Jetz fans[/I].

It's fine WF, I just believe he can stop judging and finger pointing and be more positive every once in a while. I personally don't believe someone who can't talk X's and O's should write about football, and Cimini has difficulty doing that. Plus, he's an ass.[/QUOTE]

Great post. I fixed the Cimini agita problem by only reading the NY Post. Mark Cannizzaro pretty much writes the way a beat reporter should, IMHO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a no lose situation for the Jets, Cromartie will be playing in a contract year and will have to play and behave his best. If that doesn't happen then the Jets can at least get 3rd or 4th round pick back for him in 2011.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't beat up Cimini about what he wrote, its the truth. On top of that after
    watching Cromartie against us in the playoffs I didn't want him on the team.
    With that being said from a pure football standpoint you can't complain about
    the trade:

- He's a former Pro Bowler who is 25 years old
    - He's better than any other CB we have after Revis
    - He's on a one year very manageable contract
    - You traded a 3rd round pick in next year's draft for him
    - He'll be motivated because he's playing for his next contract

As far as the off the field issues, he sounds like an immature jerk. But the
    real LT was no choir boy either and I don't think any Giant fan cared as they
    were winning two Super Bowls

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3514997]No, he's not.

He's presenting opinion couched in facts.

What Cimini reported isn't a rap sheet. There's no criminal charges/conviction in any of them. But Cimini still calls it a rap sheet. That's an opinion.

When I saw the term "rap sheet" I was expecting to see items concerning arrests, etc. and all we got is traffic infractions. Get real.[/QUOTE]

Is that your only beef with the blog posting? Its likely (although on a blog post I'm not sure) that the editors assign the titles. If it wasnt' called a rap sheet, would you have no problem with reporting what he reported?

To me, a traffic incident on its own, ain't no thang. When it involves not bothering to get a license, not paying the tickets and not showing up in court, it starts to build. Couple that with his penchant for procreation, as well as him being accused of cracking a guy in the head with a champagne bottle, and its certainly relevant.

These issues are part of the reason he's being run out of SD. Most of us on here have already seen these things from various other sources. Its perfectly natural, IMO, for Cimini to report these issues in his blog once the trade has gone through.

The guy has character issues, to put it lightly. Its not like Cimini hasn't posted about his skill as well. But these are things that are certainly relevant as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3514990]Well, I believe it's relevant to his reporting. Cimini reports the facts that he wants to report, and leaves out other relevant facts like the amount of INTs Cromartie has done while performing on the field. TDs? How has Cromartie performed related to their pass rush? Cimini points fingers like no one's business. Ellis smokes pot, why not hear about that off the field issue. It's just the flavor of the week, and it's always a ****ty flavor with Cimini.

It's fine WF, I just believe he can stop judging and finger pointing and be more positive every once in a while. I personally don't believe someone who can't talk X's and O's should write about football, and Cimini has difficulty doing that. Plus, he's an ass.[/QUOTE]

Great post, and recall, this was Cimini's first very first sentence of the report;

[B][SIZE="4"]This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie:[/SIZE][/B]

He devotes about one lukewarm paragraph to the postive aspects of the trade and 3/4 of the rest of his writings to highlighting the negative. And we should applaud this tool for being balanced? How is that balanced?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KRL;3515007]Can't beat up Cimini about what he wrote, its the truth. On top of that after
    watching Cromartie against us in the playoffs I didn't want him on the team.
    With that being said from a pure football standpoint you can't complain about
    the trade:

- He's a former Pro Bowler who is 25 years old
    - He's better than any other CB we have after Revis
    - He's on a one year very manageable contract
    - You traded a 3rd round pick in next year's draft for him
    - He'll be motivated because he's playing for his next contract

As far as the off the field issues, he sounds like an immature jerk. But the
    real LT was no choir boy either and I don't think any Giant fan cared as they
    were winning two Super Bowls[/QUOTE]

Its not the truth because it is not an [B]accurate[/B] representation of the entire story. He is a beat writer covering the story of a trade involving the team he covers. He does not write for a crime blog. Where is the analysis about the upgrade at the #2 corner spot? Where is the in-depth analysis about what the Jets gave up? Or the talk about how the change is scheme from a soft defense to a pressure system can affect his play? Again, the story about his personal issues should be part of the story.....but it is not the central theme, unless the "reporter" WANTS it to be.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-05-2010 at 01:05 PM.