Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Fair and Balanced Story by Rich Cimini...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3514984]No, you're right, it does go deeper. They traded him after two underachieving seasons in which he criticized the decisions of the coaching staff to not use more man coverage, something at which he excels. Presumably this will be a non-issue now that he is with the Jets. This has all been discussed at length here. Perhaps your reading ability is as remedial as Cromartie's is purported to be, or maybe you only came here to troll the boards and stir some sh!t?

Indeed, and the Jets have a very strong locker room as well. Even with the possible loss of Thomas Jones there is a very strong, vocal veteran presence. Of course, I wouldn't expect a fan of another team to know that, only to assume otherwise.[/QUOTE]

A bit defensive aren't we?

Where did I mention the Jets having a weak locker room?

I was answering a question about Moss being a cancer.

You won't know what you have until next season. As mentioned earlied on this thread. High risk/reward signing.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3515021]Great post, and recall, this was Cimini's first very first sentence of the report;

[B][SIZE="4"]This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie:[/SIZE][/B]

He devotes about paragraph to the postive aspects of the trade and 3/4 of the rest of his writings to highlighting the negative. [B] And we should applaud this tool for being balanced? How is that balanced?[/[/B]QUOTE]

This is why FOX will never hire him. MSNBC, maybe he has a chance.:yes:

[QUOTE=John_0515;3514903]I'm sure Cimini has never violated any traffic laws, always uses his blue tooth while driving. In fact, he is Jesus, and can judge everyone else.

Jesus Cimini. Hail the Messiah.[/QUOTE]

That goes against our religion of Revis Christ. Repent and thou shall be saved.

I'd really like to choke out Cimini

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3514722][SIZE="4"][B]The Cromartie rap sheet [/B][/SIZE]

By Rich Cimini

[B]This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie:[/B]

* A guy who, after being drafted by the Chargers in 2006, failed to properly complete his application for a driver's license in the state of California, according to the San Diego Union Tribune. He was never issued a license, according to the DMV, but that apparently didn't stop him from getting behind the wheel because ...

* In April, 2008, he was convicted of failing to obey a traffic sign.

* In March, 2009, he was ticketed for driving while talking on a cell phone. He didn't show up for the court date.

* In November, 2009, a bar patron accused Cromartie of throwing a champagne bottle that struck him in the head. Police investigated, but there wasn't enough evidence to file charges.

* In December, 2009, Cromartie ran a red light and failed to appear in court to answer the charge. Result: $799 in fines, still unpaid.

* Later this month, he is scheduled to appear in San Diego Superior Court for unpaid child support. Cromartie has fathered seven children with six women (all kids under the age of 6) and has been named in at least five paternity suits. The Union Tribune reported last month that he owes $25,000 in unpaid child support to one of the mothers.

This is only the off-the-field stuff.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/the-cromartie-rap-sheet.html#comments#ixzz0hJdvb5lm[/url]

is this [B]all[/B] the Jets get? Or do they ALSO get a player that was a pro bowler just a couple of seasons ago? How about a player with remarkable physical skills? Do they get a player that was miscast in a bend but don't break, zone defense? Do they get a player who is in his final year of his rookie contract and playing for a huge pay day? Do they get an upgrade at the #2 CB spot? And do they get all of the above by giving up [B]nothing[/B] this season and maybe a 3rd round pick in two years?

It goes without saying that Cromartie's personal issues have to be [B]part[/B] of the discussion. But where is the other part of the discussion; the things I brought up? I guess a balanced look is not part of Cimini's agenda :zzz:.[/QUOTE]

Wow! He sounds perfect to me!

Jets Insider VIP
    interesting question really.... This is presumably a thread for Jet fans to discuss the Jets trade which brought Antonio Cromartie to Florham Park.

Why would FauxJackass07 think anyone is interested, concerned or mildly amused by conditions in the Pattycake Cheating Douchebag locker room or anything of any kind about Randi the Quitter and team destroyer?

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3515024]A bit defensive aren't we?

You won't know what you have until next season. As mentioned earlied on this thread. [B]High[/B][B] risk[/B]/reward signing.[/QUOTE]

How is it 'High Risk'?

If it does not work out the Jets will give up a third round pick in two years and he is off the team at the end of this season. Meanwhile, the Jets will owe him zero.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-05-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    ignore this troll piece of garbage

[QUOTE=Toooon;3514777]Perhaps you're an "intelligent" Jets fan, but certainly not an objective one. I mean Jesus christ, the guy is reporting facts about Cromartie's off-field incidents, which are many. Say what you want about what Cromartie did on the field in 2007, this is a flat-out roll of the dice by Tannenbaum, just like Lito Sheppard was, only with a little more upside. How did Lito turn out? Perhaps there was a reason Philly was willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. And it turns out there was. So maybe Cromartie will turn out different. I sure as hell hope so. But that doesn't mean reporters should act like the people on this board - a.k.a. FANS - and do a rah-rah piece instead of a factual account of why a playoff team might be willing to part with a former #1 pick corner still in his 20s. Good f'ing lord...

PS - the "other part of the story" came in Cimini's blog BEFORE the one you posted. Check it out:
    [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/[/url]

These Cimini threads are so tiring. Maybe you should just read newyorkjets.com for your news and be done with it.[/QUOTE]
    Right on Tooon. I guess the JIers that constantly complain about Cimini don't understand the meaning of journalist. Cimini is hear to report the news. How can anybody deny that Cromartie's past is not news?

You're right. Let the people who complain read the Jet press releases. They're obviously not interested in hearing a full picture.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3515021]Great post, and recall, this was Cimini's first very first sentence of the report;

[B][SIZE="4"]This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie:[/SIZE][/B]

He devotes about one lukewarm paragraph to the postive aspects of the trade and 3/4 of the rest of his writings to highlighting the negative. And we should applaud this tool for being balanced? How is that balanced?[/QUOTE]

It's true, and at the same time if he writes garbage, all we have to do is not read his articles. Who cares what he writes.

"This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Cromartie" should be followed up with decent cover skills, tackling questionable, off the field issues, blah blah blah. How is his driver's license in CA relevant to Randy Moss blowing past him on 3rd and 16?

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3514833]last time i checked a guy can't have children by himself. he may be irresponsible off the field but as long as he plays, and plays well, there should be no problem.

what i would be concerned with is the whole punk attitude that chargers team has. starts from the top down and goes from rivers to merriman to kady. also, that's where all of the designer drugs have been centered. i'm hoping the jets did their homework and explored that connection with cromartie.[/QUOTE]

The single best thing the Jets could possibly do is send our new CB to visit Travis Henry in jail. Perfect example of someone with NFL talent that let his illegitimate children cause him enough problems that he eventually wound up in jail.

I think Cromartie is a fantastic fit for our Defense and was definitely used incorreclty in SD, but having 6 kids all with different women is not something that should be swept under the table from a character standpoint.

Thought Braylon Edwards was supposed to be 'troubled', but turned out to be one of the most likable players.

Also, if I was Crome, I would've told the officer I was on hold with the court, trying to process the other ticket, and couldn't hang up without losing my place in the queue. Something like that.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Factory bluetooths don't allow you to respond to touch-tone menus while the key is in the ignition. At least mine doesn't.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3514722][SIZE="4"][B]The Cromartie rap sheet [/B][/SIZE]

By Rich Cimini

[B]This is what you're getting in former Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie:[/B]

* A guy who, after being drafted by the Chargers in 2006, failed to properly complete his application for a driver's license in the state of California, according to the San Diego Union Tribune. He was never issued a license, according to the DMV, but that apparently didn't stop him from getting behind the wheel because ...

* In April, 2008, he was convicted of failing to obey a traffic sign.

* In March, 2009, he was ticketed for driving while talking on a cell phone. He didn't show up for the court date.

* In November, 2009, a bar patron accused Cromartie of throwing a champagne bottle that struck him in the head. Police investigated, but there wasn't enough evidence to file charges.

* In December, 2009, Cromartie ran a red light and failed to appear in court to answer the charge. Result: $799 in fines, still unpaid.

* Later this month, he is scheduled to appear in San Diego Superior Court for unpaid child support. Cromartie has fathered seven children with six women (all kids under the age of 6) and has been named in at least five paternity suits. The Union Tribune reported last month that he owes $25,000 in unpaid child support to one of the mothers.

This is only the off-the-field stuff.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/the-cromartie-rap-sheet.html#comments#ixzz0hJdvb5lm[/url]

is this [B]all[/B] the Jets get? Or do they ALSO get a player that was a pro bowler just a couple of seasons ago? How about a player with remarkable physical skills? Do they get a player that was miscast in a bend but don't break, zone defense? Do they get a player who is in his final year of his rookie contract and playing for a huge pay day? Do they get an upgrade at the #2 CB spot? And do they get all of the above by giving up [B]nothing[/B] this season and maybe a 3rd round pick in two years?

It goes without saying that Cromartie's personal issues have to be [B]part[/B] of the discussion. But where is the other part of the discussion; the things I brought up? I guess a balanced look is not part of Cimini's agenda :zzz:.[/QUOTE]

he could have mentioned to that Cromartie backed away fromtrying to tackle Shonn Greene and any other rb. He makes Rhodes loook tough

[QUOTE=JetStream;3514798]I have to say the paternity stuff makes me cringe, am I just a prude, or does this scream of a guy out of control? 7 children by different women, lock up your daughters...[/QUOTE]

I am thinking more Travis Henry

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3515024]A bit defensive aren't we?

You won't know what you have until next season. As mentioned earlied on this thread. High risk/reward signing.[/QUOTE]

Hardly, as I have nothing to defend. I was simply pointing out the inanity of your posts. I see I have more work to do.

In answering the response to your initial musings of what type of cancer Cromartie was (as if you had confirmation that he is in fact a cancer), Savage69 said he was probably the same level Moss was [I]said[/I] to be. You then said when Moss arrived the Pats had a strong locker room, thereby implying the Jets do not. Follow?

None of us will know what our teams have until next season. I fail to see the high-risk you speak of, unless you think giving up a 3rd round pick for a Pro-Bowl level player is too much? Because if it works, I'm OK with it escalating to a 2nd, and I'm sure the Jets are as well. What other high risks are there, more children born out of wedlock? Because if you aren't saying the Jets have a weak locker room as you claim, there really aren't any other risks, are there?

All Pro
    Rich Cimini, the Fox News of the NFL.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3514965]That is a logical fallacy of an argument.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque[/url]

The Jets did not just trade a draft pick to aquire Cimini, nor will they pay millions next year to Cimini.

More specificly to the logical fallacy: Nor would Cimini acting in a similar way change or diminish Cromartie acting that way, and it's relevance (or lack therof) to us aquiring him.

Cimini, like or not, is simply reporting facts. Those facts exist reagrdless of the bias of whomever reports them (and their own issues), and each reader is free to judge them as he/she sees fit. But the fact that it's cimini reporting them is irreleavnt to the issue of their existance.[/QUOTE]

No Warfish it's not "just the facts". It's the reporting of negative facts and none of the positives. If we had traded for Randy Moss in 2007 and Cimini said "Here's what your getting Jets fans: A guy who hasn't been great since Minnesota, a guy who disrespected Packer fans by mooning them, a guy who is a regular user of marijuana, a guy who quit on a Raiders team." Is all that accurate? Yes but it doesn't paint the picture of who he is as a player and leaves out ANY positive mention of him.

So this garbage about Cimini posting "just the facts" is asinine. He's reporting "just the negative facts".

Cimini is a walking tampon.

All League
    on his "good side" blog post about Cromartie, I found this funny:

Missed Tackles: Eight. (As a comparison, Revis had five and Charles Woodson, the NFL Defensive Player of the Year, had eight.)

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0hMa7iFks[/url]

All we hear about is how he is an awful tackler, yet somehow he missed the same amount of tackles as the Charles Woodson, and only 3 more than Revis.

All League
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3515046]How is it 'High Risk'?

If it does not work out the Jets will give up a third round pick in two years and he is off the team at the end of this season. Meanwhile, the Jets will owe him zero.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty accurate. IMHO this was a value signing, since there IS no risk, other than having to deal with him for the season, and you can't underestimate the value of having a guy playing for his NEXT contract. The best motivator in the world.

I always like his size, though I have to admit that his last 2 years, he has vastly UNDER PERFORMED. Also it seems strange that a team who had problems defending the pass last season would be willing to let him go so cheaply. Probably more to this story than we are likely to know.

Though I'm sure Jet fans will vastly over rate him, (why should THAT change), he isn't going to be WORSE than Lito,