Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance we trade Rhodes and go after Rolle?

Any chance we trade Rhodes and go after Rolle?

Im just wondering what yall think? I wouldnt mind having Rolle replace Rhodes

no, people have to stop thinking the Jets will make moves just to make them, someone explain how Rolle is better then Rhodes. With the addition of Cromartie, we EASILY have the best secondary in the NFL, people can get off the Trade Rhodes Bus now, cuz its long gone, hes here to stay, and thats how it should be, he will stop having to worry about our #2 CB blowing coverage, and will be back to making plays.

Rhodes' bonus is due in about two weeks.

We'll find out soon...at this point I'd prefer that he'd stay -- his attitude/play definitely improved by the end of the season.

Kerry is better than Rolle.

Kerry's only weakness is the run defense/tackling and Rolle isn't exactly great at that either. Rolle was a good tackler for a corner when he came out, but he's bleh when it comes to comparing him with safeties.

If you are going to try to trade Kerry, bring someone in who is a good tackler. Waste of time otherwise.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3514947]Kerry is better than Rolle.

Kerry's only weakness is the run defense/tackling and Rolle isn't exactly great at that either. Rolle was a good tackler for a corner when he came out, but he's bleh when it comes to comparing him with safeties.

If you are going to try to trade Kerry, [B]bring someone in who is a good tackler. Waste of time otherwise[/B].[/QUOTE]

Same thing could be said for Cromartie. No?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Cack89;3514931]no, people have to stop thinking the Jets will make moves just to make them, someone explain how Rolle is better then Rhodes. With the addition of Cromartie, we EASILY have the best secondary in the NFL, people can get off the Trade Rhodes Bus now, cuz its long gone, hes here to stay, and thats how it should be, he will stop having to worry about our #2 CB blowing coverage, and will be back to making plays.[/QUOTE]

Rolle is better then Rhodes. That said it does not sound like Rolle is in the Jets plans. It would be a good move in my opinion becasue we can get picks for Rhodes

[QUOTE=Martin&theJets;3514950]Same thing could be said for Cromartie. No?[/QUOTE]

It is far more important to have a better tackler at safety than at corner.

That's the reason that when safeties are drafted, there is much more attention paid to that particular skillset.

When corners are drafted, coverage is the biggest priority.

All League
    Trade Kerry Rhodes for pick(s) and draft Nate Allen out of USF.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3514952]It is far more important to have a better tackler at safety than at corner.

That's the reason that when safeties are drafted, there is much more attention paid to that particular skillset.

When corners are drafted, coverage is the biggest priority.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know. But when it comes to hitting people and bringing someone to the ground Rolle > Rhodes. When it comes to coverage Rolle < Rhodes. So by your logic that tackling is more important than coverage for Safties, We should infact trade Rhodes and sign Rolle.

It was reported that Rolle is likely to sign with the Bears

[QUOTE=Bleedgreen;3514961]Trade Kerry Rhodes for pick(s) and draft Nate Allen out of USF.[/QUOTE]

Nate Allen is a very similar player. Good form tackler, but watch enough film on him and it's clear he's not a fan of big contact with bigger guys.

All Pro
    Rolle is new to the position and is only getting better. Kerry had his best year 3 years ago.

Rolle is a much better prospect right now. I would take him in a heartbeat over Rhodes.
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 03-05-2010 at 12:36 PM.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3514981]Rolle is new to the position and is only getting better. Kerry had his best year 3 years ago.

Rolle is a much better prospect right now. I would take him in a heartbeat over [B]Rolle[/B].[/QUOTE]

You mean Rhodes right? The bears are reportedly going to sign Peppers, and Chester Taylor. They already signed a blocking TE from the Chargers idk how to spell his name. I dont see them signing Rolle but then again they dont have a day 1 pick.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    i think its gonna be rhodes for boldin...straight up

All Pro
    yeah, I fixed it. Rolle is younger as well.

I dont want Boldin he is gonna demand to much money. In Arizona he was pissed that he wasnt getting the same amount of money as Larry. He wants #1 money and if he is on the Jets we are gonna pay him like a #3 maybe a #2 no where near what he wants. Then he is just gonna become a cancer.

All Pro
    Where does Boldin fit here? Neither Braylon or Cotch are hitting the bench.

Will we being running a 3 wr set with no fullback?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Cimini thinks its possible:

Pick and Rolle?
    By Rich Cimini

Here's something to keep an eye on: With former Cards S Antrel Rolle scheduled to visit the Giants this morning, is it possible he could make the 30-minute drive over the Florham Park for a meet-and-greet with the Jets? I wonder.

If that turns out to be true, it means they're probably looking to move incumbent S Kerry Rhodes, who is due a $2 million roster bonus next week. I can tell you this: Mike Tannenbaum isn't relaxing after the Antonio Cromartie trade. There's always something cooking over at Jets Drive. One thing I feel fairly certain about: Do not expect the Jets to show a renewed interest in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall, an RFA.

Speaking of Cromartie, it's believed that he and Tannenbaum will be available later on a media conference call to discuss the trade.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/pick-and-rolle.html#ixzz0hKDNt1qU[/url]

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/pick-and-rolle.html#ixzz0hKDNuXZh[/url]

All Pro
    If you can get Rolle and move Rhodes its a no-brainer. and an upgrade as Rex wants a physical safety and Rolle fits that bill.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3515002]Cimini thinks its possible:

Pick and Rolle?
    By Rich Cimini

Here's something to keep an eye on: With former Cards S Antrel Rolle scheduled to visit the Giants this morning, is it possible he could make the 30-minute drive over the Florham Park for a meet-and-greet with the Jets? I wonder.

If that turns out to be true, it means they're probably looking to move incumbent S Kerry Rhodes, who is due a $2 million roster bonus next week. I can tell you this: Mike Tannenbaum isn't relaxing after the Antonio Cromartie trade. There's always something cooking over at Jets Drive. One thing I feel fairly certain about: Do not expect the Jets to show a renewed interest in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall, an RFA.

Speaking of Cromartie, it's believed that he and Tannenbaum will be available later on a media conference call to discuss the trade.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/pick-and-rolle.html#ixzz0hKDNt1qU[/url]

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/pick-and-rolle.html#ixzz0hKDNuXZh[/url][/QUOTE]

Cimini is a ****ing tool and this is just pure speculation. My cat could be a better sports writer than this invalid