Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Official: THANK YOU TANNY!

All League
    [QUOTE=ozu;3515109]Word. Tannenbaum rules.[/QUOTE]

+1 The Man is very under rated and knows what he is doing!

[QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3515164]is this the thread where we jerk off the GM for making the offseason exciting? i hadn't realized there was a Lombardi in Florham Park that wasn't covered with 40+ years worth of dust.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know Tannebaum was the Jets GM for those 40 years....Thanks, sunshine

All League
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3515096]And you know this unequivocally?[/QUOTE]

+1

Tanny, check your PMs

;)

Mr. T is the man. He has made the Jets roster for the last 3 years amazing. <3

Hall Of Fame
    Who's the jerk-off here that is always calling Tannenbaum nothing more than a "bean-counter"?

Seriously, you have to appreciate his aggressive style, when he sees something he gets it done and his hit-to-miss ration is probably 80%.

Can't believe how he has stacked this team with talent, mostly young but a nice mix of productive vets too.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3515079]Anyone who doesn't like Tannenbaum isn't appreciating a GREAT talent.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%.

vivek, haven't seen you around man, been busy in pittsburg?

There was another Tanny thread last night, but there can be five more this week as far as I'm concerned. It's great to know that this franchise is now being run by men who get what the **** they want, good or bad. And when was the last time the Jets got worked in a trade? Cromartie for a 3rd is a great risk, after all our last GM drafted Derrick Strait with a 3rd...I THINK Cromartie might be better.

Gone are the days of a 2nd for McCareins.
    Gone are the days of a draft-day trade that involves Doug mother****in Jolley.
    Gone are the days of 6-year deals for 30-year-old veterans.
    Gone are the days of signing marquee free agents, only to find that the player's wife decides she doesn't want to come to NY.

Some moves will work, some will not, but I have confidence that Tanny will never make a move that has us all collectively shaking our heads. And LOL at the people who take time to piss on these threads..."what are we thanking him for - he hasn't won a Super Bowl so this all means nothing..." Must be miserable to live in a world where everything is either undeniable success or abstract failure.

Jets Insider VIP
    and the sad part is that Bradway, crappy as he was, was better than Steinberg, Ward and the worst of them all, Hickey

I just talked to TX.

He told me to say:

"Offseason champs again...call me when the Jets actually win something.:rolleyes:"

Geesh that guy will never change!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I like Tanny - big fan of his. But he's doing his job right now. Gets paid for it too. I don't feel compelled to say thank you until he a) wins us a Super Bowl or b) retires after a long successful career here.

I'm skeptical of this move too....if it pays off, I'll give him credit. If it backfires, I'll be annoyed. I would like to have a full complement of picks at some point.

I'd like Tanny to keep our picks for the draft. He really has made draft day extremely exciting. I love when the Jets logo pops up on the big screen indicating a trade and then Radio City explodes! Then my main man Rich Eisen says, "Something really big just happened." Goosebumps baby!

I remember hearing how they wanted to move the draft out of Radio City... that would be a travesty. It belongs in NYC and should stay there forever.

Anyway, I wonder who Tanny and Co are looking at bringing into the fold. I'm sure his phone has been getting blown up by agents asking on behalf of their clients if the Jets are interested. I'm really hoping for Antrel Rolle.

crasherino, if Tanny is just doing his job then 31 other GMs are sleeping on the job. This guy is more active than any other GM in the league. Constantly working his connections and getting a feel for what's out there. He's relentless. He's not just doing his job, he's putting everything he has into it. You gotta appreciate that.
    Last edited by southside; 03-05-2010 at 03:16 PM.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3515277]I like Tanny - big fan of his. But he's doing his job right now. Gets paid for it too. I don't feel compelled to say thank you until he a) wins us a Super Bowl or b) retires after a long successful career here.

I'm skeptical of this move too....if it pays off, I'll give him credit. If it backfires, I'll be annoyed. I would like to have a full complement of picks at some point.[/QUOTE]

crash, you do good work on these here boards, and I normally like and agree with your posts...but this is slightly unfair. Sure he's doing his job/what he's paid for. But when you do you job well, it's something to get excited for.

It's like saying that you shouldn't praise Peyton for completing passes and driving his team down the field and scoring because he's paid for it. When Peyton goes on one of his incredible runs like he did in the '06 afc championship game, or even this years afc championsip game, it's something to be excited about and it's something to praise..because sure they're doing their jobs, but they're exeeding the relative expectations based on their peers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3515337]crash, you do good work on these here boards, and I normally like and agree with your posts...but this is slightly unfair. Sure he's doing his job/what he's paid for. But when you do you job well, it's something to get excited for.

It's like saying that you shouldn't praise Peyton for completing passes and driving his team down the field and scoring because he's paid for it. When Peyton goes on one of his incredible runs like he did in the '06 afc championship game, or even this years afc championsip game, it's something to be excited about and it's something to praise..because sure they're doing their jobs, but they're exeeding the relative expectations based on their peers.[/QUOTE]

I never said I wouldn't praise him. I praise Tanny routinely. I just think an Official "Thank You" thread is a bit premature.

As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm a big fan of his. I'm a big fan of David Harris's as well. I think having an Official Thank You thread for him is silly too.

Tanny is a very shrewd GM. He employs a very good staff, he knows how to listen and knows how to get a deal done, both large and small. He is definitely in the upper echelon of GMs. I think the posts that go out and say that Tanny is the best GM bar none/hands down, are just as silly, but that's a different topic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Love how aggressive he is, it's really remarkable.

I'm saving my Tannenbaum ball-washing for after the draft though, want to see us add another receiver to balance out that #1 defense/ #1 running game/ #31 passing game we had in 09. I know the biggest reason for that was Sanchez being a rook but we also need a slot guy to take that next step.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=southside;3515286]
    crasherino, [B]if Tanny is just doing his job then 31 other GMs are sleeping on the job. [/B]This guy is more active than any other GM in the league. Constantly working his connections and getting a feel for what's out there. He's relentless. He's not just doing his job, he's putting everything he has into it. You gotta appreciate that.[/QUOTE]

Hardly. Just because the Jets moves are the most visible, doesn't mean that other GMs aren't doing there job. Is this a good move? I can't tell you for sure. I see the up side, but its not as if Cro is a slam dunk shut down corner.

Last year we went out, were proactive in the trade market and thought we found a diamond in the rough in Lito Sheppard, who we thought we can resurrect into his old self. How'd that turn out? We threw away a 5th rounder and traded a 4th for a 5th this year.

Just because what Tanny does is visible doesn't mean its certainly for the best and that other GMs aren't doing their jobs. It was only a little over a year ago when the Jets choked down the stretch when it was 50/50 whether Tanny would be fired along with Mangini. I'm glad he wasn't, but the guy is not infallible.

And, as I said in my first post here, I'd like to have a full complement of picks at some point. I understand the motivation behind every move we've made in giving up draft picks over the past 3 years, but I was looking forward to having a 2011 draft with every round covered.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515349]Love how aggressive he is, it's really remarkable.

I'm saving my Tannenbaum ball-washing for after the draft though, want to see us add another receiver to balance out that #1 defense/ #1 running game/ #31 passing game we had in 09. I know the biggest reason for that was Sanchez being a rook but we also need a slot guy to take that next step.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I just want Tanny to go get the best football player for the best value like they've been doing. I'd love to be in that scout room as they're talking about all these prospects. I know Tate's name has been thrown around a lot. I know nothing about the guy, nothing really about college players as I don't watch college football. But the one guy I'd be real impressed coming away with would be Toby Gerhardt. He's gonna be available on Day 2 IMO and I think he's a really good RB.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3515348]I never said I wouldn't praise him. I praise Tanny routinely. I just think an Official "Thank You" thread is a bit premature.

[B]As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm a big fan of his.[/B] I'm a big fan of David Harris's as well. I think having an Official Thank You thread for him is silly too.

Tanny is a very shrewd GM. He employs a very good staff, he knows how to listen and knows how to get a deal done, both large and small. He is definitely in the upper echelon of GMs. I think the posts that go out and say that Tanny is the best GM bar none/hands down, are just as silly, but that's a different topic.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I missed the bolded part...then I went back to reread the initial post just to make sure you weren't making anything up :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3515104]The Official Tanny Mancrust Thread.[/QUOTE]

TANCRUST!

Tannenbaum's the shyte...Parcells taught him well...probably just told him to listen to the scouts and when in doubt grab the big athlete...

All Pro
    Thanks for keeping our offseasons exciting T-Dawg.:P