Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Official: THANK YOU TANNY!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3515261]I just talked to TX.

He told me to say:

"Offseason champs again...call me when the Jets actually win something.:rolleyes:"

Geesh that guy will never change![/QUOTE]

Tx enjoying his Off season Ban again? ;):D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3515097]AMEN

BEST GM IN FOOTBALL[/QUOTE]

+1 :D

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3515076]Every offseason has been so exciting the last few years with this guy in charge. He's not only making exciting moves but they are extremely intelligent football moves that have all panned out and they usually happen at discounts. We traded for a great cover corner in Cromartie for absolutely nothing in terms of value. Now all these rumors about Brandon Marshall.... come on, this is too much fun!

Not only that but THANK YOU! Thank you for not being content with just making the AFC Championship Game. Thank you for trying so hard for the fans who lit up NYC with excitement and a buzz that hasn't surrounded this team since Namath was here. We've been through way too much pain as a fanbase and we deserve this effort they are putting in! It's awesome that Woody, Tanny, Rex and the players wanted to win so bad for us and how proud everyone was of this team. They want to bring us a championship and I'm all for it. This team is built to win RIGHT NOW!

Regardless of if we get Marshall or not, or Boldin or not, the point is that Tannenbaum really has made this the most exciting team in the NFL, even when the season is 8 months away! Draft days have been insane lately with all the trading up for elite pro bowl talent. Man, it's just really fun to be a Jets fan right now. To the best coach in the NFL I say thank you for bringing the atmosphere I've been dying to see in NY. Play like Jets! Be a Jet! That actually means something now. And every player in the league wants to play for this organization. So to the best GM in the league, for making all this possible I say:

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]THANK YOU![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sincerely,
    Appreciate Jets Fan.[/QUOTE] It's benn a long time since i've posted but i have to get behind this post. 100% agree THANK YOU TANNY!!!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be interesting to see how badly the Jets want Dallas Cowboys restricted free agent wide receiver Miles Austin. If the Jets really covet the former Monmouth University star, they'll likely insert an infamous "poison pill'' into any offer sheet to him.

[B]A "poison pill" is a clause inserted in an offer sheet to a restricted free agent that makes it almost impossible for a team to match the offer.

In fact, it was Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum who is regarded in many circles as the man who fathered the idea. In 1998, Tannenbaum, then a little-know salary cap whiz, put together a brilliant six-year, $36-million offer sheet to then-Patriots running back Curtis Martin that included a "poison pill" that forced the Patriots to let him go.
    [/B]
    That clause was a provision in which Martin could become an unrestricted free agent the following season if the Patriots matched the offer, allowing him to leave New England without the Patriots receiving a dime. Also, the deal included a $3.3 million roster bonus that would've wrecked the Patriots' salary cap.

New England let Martin go and he went on to become the most prolific running back in Jets' history. The Patriots received a first- and third-round pick from the Jets.

Tannenbaum and the representatives for Austin have undoubtedly already had discussions concerning a potential offer sheet. Austin was extended a one-year, $1.54 million tender offer with the Cowboys. If Dallas decides not to match, it would receive a second-round pick (52nd overall) from the Jets.

Reportedly, Austin will visit the Jets Thursday. The restricted free agent signing period ends on April 17th.

[url]www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/will_the_new_york_jets_insert.html[/url]

Not even taking into consideration how we would have looked if Tanny pulled the Austin signing off, but to me, since the first day I heard "Mike Tannenbaum" it was associated with the CMart trade and since then his moves have been near flawless. That man is always thinking..I remember a few years back people were killing him for the Revis holdout(6th year)..he saw then what we're seeing now..I'm not worried. In Tanny I Trust.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seventhirty;3515819]It'll be interesting to see how badly the Jets want Dallas Cowboys restricted free agent wide receiver Miles Austin. If the Jets really covet the former Monmouth University star, they'll likely insert an infamous "poison pill'' into any offer sheet to him.

[B]A "poison pill" is a clause inserted in an offer sheet to a restricted free agent that makes it almost impossible for a team to match the offer.[/B]

[B]In fact, it was Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum who is regarded in many circles as the man who fathered the idea. In 1998, Tannenbaum, then a little-know salary cap whiz, put together a brilliant six-year, $36-million offer sheet to then-Patriots running back Curtis Martin that included a "poison pill" that forced the Patriots to let him go.[/B]

That clause was a provision in which Martin could become an unrestricted free agent the following season if the Patriots matched the offer, allowing him to leave New England without the Patriots receiving a dime. Also, the deal included a $3.3 million roster bonus that would've wrecked the Patriots' salary cap.

New England let Martin go and he went on to become the most prolific running back in Jets' history. The Patriots received a first- and third-round pick from the Jets.

Tannenbaum and the representatives for Austin have undoubtedly already had discussions concerning a potential offer sheet. Austin was extended a one-year, $1.54 million tender offer with the Cowboys. If Dallas decides not to match, it would receive a second-round pick (52nd overall) from the Jets.

Reportedly, Austin will visit the Jets Thursday. The restricted free agent signing period ends on April 17th.

[URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/will_the_new_york_jets_insert.html"]www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/will_the_new_york_jets_insert.html[/URL]

Not even taking into consideration how we would have looked if Tanny pulled the Austin signing off, but to me, since the first day I heard "Mike Tannenbaum" it was associated with the CMart trade and since then his moves have been near flawless. That man is always thinking..I remember a few years back people were killing him for the Revis holdout(6th year)..he saw then what we're seeing now..I'm not worried. In Tanny I Trust.[/QUOTE]
    Austin would be a [B]great [/B]add...I had not heard this one yet :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3515851]Austin would be a [B]great [/B]add...I had not heard this one yet :yes:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! I don't mind losing our 1st round pick on Austin. That guy would be PERFECT here!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3515851]Austin would be a [B]great [/B]add...I had not heard this one yet :yes:[/QUOTE]

lol that was from last year when Austin was brought in for a visit. But Jets didn't make an offer or it was too much, I forget. Has a 1st and 3rd tender now. Not happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seventhirty;3515819]New England let Martin go and he went on to become the most prolific running back in Jets' history. [/QUOTE]

... calling savage ... calling savage !!! ... ;)

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3515076]Every offseason has been so exciting the last few years with this guy in charge. He's not only making exciting moves but they are extremely intelligent football moves that have all panned out and they usually happen at discounts. We traded for a great cover corner in Cromartie for absolutely nothing in terms of value. Now all these rumors about Brandon Marshall.... come on, this is too much fun!

Not only that but THANK YOU! Thank you for not being content with just making the AFC Championship Game. Thank you for trying so hard for the fans who lit up NYC with excitement and a buzz that hasn't surrounded this team since Namath was here. We've been through way too much pain as a fanbase and we deserve this effort they are putting in! It's awesome that Woody, Tanny, Rex and the players wanted to win so bad for us and how proud everyone was of this team. They want to bring us a championship and I'm all for it. This team is built to win RIGHT NOW!

Regardless of if we get Marshall or not, or Boldin or not, the point is that Tannenbaum really has made this the most exciting team in the NFL, even when the season is 8 months away! Draft days have been insane lately with all the trading up for elite pro bowl talent. Man, it's just really fun to be a Jets fan right now. To the best coach in the NFL I say thank you for bringing the atmosphere I've been dying to see in NY. Play like Jets! Be a Jet! That actually means something now. And every player in the league wants to play for this organization. So to the best GM in the league, for making all this possible I say:

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]THANK YOU![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sincerely,
    Appreciate Jets Fan.[/QUOTE]
    :applause:

tanny really has done a [B]great job [/B]with the draft, trades & contracts..

this from a guy that pretty much got his shot because he's a math egg head..

very good read..