Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks considering signing Brandon Marshall

Seahawks considering signing Brandon Marshall

As per Adam Schefter ESPN

That would give the Broncos another 1st rounder #6 overall. If I were the Broncos I would hope this happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's crazy.

Pete Carol would have to be an idiot if he did that.

sooooo who exactly is NOT intrested in Marshall?

[QUOTE=Georgia jet fan;3515216]sooooo who exactly is NOT intrested in Marshall?[/QUOTE]

Haha best 9th overall post EVER

Rotoworld seems to think the Seahawks could do it for the 14th pick, which makes a lot more sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=SMC;3515215]That's crazy.

Pete Carol would have to be an idiot if he did that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, really risky way to start a new regime. You're going to get a good player with the 6th overall (as long you don't judge him by his biceps :D)

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3515233]Rotoworld seems to think the Seahawks could do it for the 14th pick, which makes a lot more sense.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking.

If it's the 14 pick, it's a good move IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3515233]Rotoworld seems to think the Seahawks could do it for the 14th pick, which makes a lot more sense.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3515265]That's what I was thinking.

If it's the 14 pick, it's a good move IMO[/QUOTE]

That's only if it's a trade.

Seattle and the Broncos can negotiate for less than Seattle's pick. But if the negotiation fails, Seattle would have to give up the 6th if the Broncos fail to match.

RFA rules require the signing team to give up their original pick or better unless the teams agree otherwise.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515251]Agreed, really risky way to start a new regime. You're going to get a good player with the 6th overall (as long you don't judge him by his biceps :D)[/QUOTE]

LOL...before i got to the parenthesis i was ready to jump all over this!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek::steamin:

He's on his way to Seattle to meet with the team. Pretty interesting move there. Too bad [B]Hassleback[/B] sucks the big one. What's the over/under on this guy getting injured by Week 2.

All League
    keep him away from the Dolphins PLEASE!

Brandon Marshall to Seahawks talk still brewing: Seahawks have had preliminary talks with wide receiver's agent

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Brandon-Marshall-to-Seahawks-talk-still-brewing.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    keep the picks we have. Cotch and Braylon are a fine #1 and #2

Find depth or a slot in the draft or use LT out there with Shonn in the backfield

Brandon would still have to want to play there. Why would he want to play in Seattle vs NY when he knows we're interested? Trust me, he'd rather play for Rex than some College guru who had the blessing of having the best scenario to entice young talented athletes. I feel Carrol is going to fail with Seattle personally.

Right now he's gotta know that the Jets are going to make a move for him, his agent can go to the Jets and tell them the terms of the deal and he could sign our contract and the Broncos wouldn't have any say in it whatsoever unless they matched it.

I bet their talking contract and then they're gonna try and trade their 2nd round pick for him with the Broncos which would mean we're definitely going to have to give up our 1st to make it more appealing. Oh well, can't wait till this is played out.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3515265]That's what I was thinking.

If it's the 14 pick, it's a good move IMO[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't do it for the 14th pick. No sir.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3515212]As per Adam Schefter ESPN

That would give the Broncos another 1st rounder #6 overall. If I were the Broncos I would hope this happens.[/QUOTE]

This is what they have to be thinking - get some other team to agree to sign Marshall to an offer sheet, with 0 signing bonus and a roster bonus due 2 weeks after the signing (so there's no chance the signing team has to pay it), and deal that team pick 14 for Marshall.

Any team drafting lower in the round should be jumping at this.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=sg3;3535908]keep the picks we have. Cotch and Braylon are a fine #1 and #2

Find depth or a slot in the draft or use LT out there with Shonn in the backfield[/QUOTE]

You sir, are a man with great knowledge and wisdom:yes:

[QUOTE=southside;3535926]Brandon would still have to want to play there. Why would he want to play in Seattle vs NY when he knows we're interested? Trust me, he'd rather play for Rex than some College guru who had the blessing of having the best scenario to entice young talented athletes. I feel Carrol is going to fail with Seattle personally.

Right now he's gotta know that the Jets are going to make a move for him, his agent can go to the Jets and tell them the terms of the deal and he could sign our contract and the Broncos wouldn't have any say in it whatsoever unless they matched it.

I bet their talking contract and then they're gonna try and trade their 2nd round pick for him with the Broncos which would mean we're definitely going to have to give up our 1st to make it more appealing. Oh well, can't wait till this is played out.[/QUOTE]

1. who said the Jets are interested?

2. if his agent is talking to Seattle it's a pretty safe bet Marshall is interested in playing for Seattle

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3535930]i wouldn't do it for the 14th pick. No sir.[/QUOTE]

two threads down, Clayton reports Denver will take less, possible 2nd and 4th..