Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets officially release CB Donald Strickland and RB Thomas Jones

Jets Insider VIP

Jets officially release CB Donald Strickland and RB Thomas Jones

[QUOTE]Jets release RB Thomas Jones (officially) and CB Donald Strickland. 23 minutes ago via web Retweeted by 3 people [/QUOTE]

[url]http://twitter.com/TimGrahamESPN/status/10038333106[/url]

yeah, pretty upset, expected, but may look to bring both back? Strickland made some big plays when he was healthy, its a shame.

wish Strickland wasn't so injury prone. He's good but is more fragile than my grandmother

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Strickland was signed to a 3 year deal, they must really have not liked his play in 09 and injury prone-ness (is that a word? lol). Seems like he played well for a nickle/dime to me but what do I know.

Jones was coming for days and Strickland is no surprise as the dude missed 7 of 16 games and most of the AFC Championship Game. Dude is like PAPER. We still need another Corner, or two. Look for a veteran like Corey Ivy and a draft pick. Very well could still go after Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty at 29 in the 1st rd.

They must have absolutely no confidence in strick staying healthy on '10

Jets Insider VIP
    my guess is they think they have Lowery and Coleman now to back up the TURKS AND CAICOS, THE TWIN ISLANDS...

plus they will be finding a DB in the draft, for certain

you guys are ridiculous.. Strickland is SO old and injury prone... he is ALWAYS hurt and now a year older. You have Thomas Jones who is starting to get injured and averaged 2.2 yards a carry in the playoffs and you guys are sad we aren't paying him a HUGE contract when we have a ton of players to sign, not to mention we have WAR MACHINE and leon. I would rather have Fargas over TJ who we could sign for a quarter of what TJ would be making

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3515252]you guys are ridiculous.. [B]Strickland is SO old and injury prone[/B]... he is ALWAYS hurt and now a year older. You have Thomas Jones who is starting to get injured and averaged 2.2 yards a carry in the playoffs and you guys are sad we aren't paying him a HUGE contract when we have a ton of players to sign, not to mention we have WAR MACHINE and leon. I would rather have Fargas over TJ who we could sign for a quarter of what TJ would be making[/QUOTE]

So old? The guy is 29.

Why are you bringing TJ into this discussion and making your own ridiculous blanket statements about "you guys" that have no basis in reality? Stick to the topic. Strickland is injury prone...that's true. Old, he's not.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3515252]you guys are ridiculous.. Strickland is SO old and injury prone... he is ALWAYS hurt and now a year older. You have Thomas Jones who is starting to get injured and averaged 2.2 yards a carry in the playoffs and you guys are sad we aren't paying him a HUGE contract when we have a ton of players to sign, not to mention we have WAR MACHINE and leon. I would rather have Fargas over TJ who we could sign for a quarter of what TJ would be making[/QUOTE]

=====================================================

OH YEA, well I think you are sad and rediculous, but other then that I agree.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3515263]So old? The guy is 29.

Why are you bringing TJ into this discussion and making your own ridiculous blanket statements about "you guys" that have no basis in reality? Stick to the topic. Strickland is injury prone...that's true. Old, he's not.[/QUOTE]

alright my bad but it doesn't make sense to bring back injury prone players like Strickland.

"you guys" was referring to the majority of the board wanting TJ back for his big contract when he wouldn't even be the starter. The final 8 rule is over-rated. So many players who could contribute to the Jets are getting cut

I still believe there's a good possibility we still draft a CB in round 1.

[QUOTE=gunnails;3515266]=====================================================

OH YEA, well I think you are sad and rediculous, but other then that I agree.[/QUOTE]

i agree, i am pretty ridiculous

[QUOTE=John_0515;3515268]I still believe there's a good possibility we still draft a CB in round 1.[/QUOTE]

no way

[QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3515252]you guys are ridiculous.. Strickland is SO old and injury prone... he is ALWAYS hurt and now a year older. You have Thomas Jones who is starting to get injured and averaged 2.2 yards a carry in the playoffs and you guys are sad we aren't paying him a HUGE contract when we have a ton of players to sign, not to mention we have WAR MACHINE and leon. I would rather have Fargas over TJ who we could sign for a quarter of what TJ would be making[/QUOTE]

Who's ridiculous? Every comment in the thread amounts to "oh well" or "expected." It IS a shame that Strickland is essentially Samuel L. Jackson's character in Unbreakable and that TJ's last 20-yard run has probably already happened, but I don't think anyone (especially no one in this thread) is all that surprised or sad. If anything, both players had the potential to provide solid depth, which the Jets now need to find elsewhere.

LOL - looks like I type slow.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3515268]I still believe there's a good possibility we still draft a CB in round 1.[/QUOTE]

Only way I could see it happening is if Haden or Wilson are there, which is extremely unlikely.

Guys like McCourty, Franks, Cox, etc just aren't worth it IMO.

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;3515274]How are you posting school isn't even out yet?

Your folks get you an iphone?[/QUOTE]

nope in college.

blackberry

Drew Coleman must be replaced. He is the weak link in the secondary.
    If somebody else gets hurt, we CANNOT rely on him to cover the slot WR

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;3515238]wish Strickland wasn't so injury prone. He's good but is more fragile than my grandmother[/QUOTE]

+1
    It a shame he couldn't stay healthy. Strickland was actually a very good DB when he could stay on the field.