Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets officially release CB Donald Strickland and RB Thomas Jones

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3515234][url]http://twitter.com/TimGrahamESPN/status/10038333106[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]ts release RB Thomas Jones (officially) and [B]CB Donald Strickland[/B]. 23 minutes ago via web Retweeted by 3 people [/QUOTE]

NOOOooo.:(

Strickland>Lowery.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3515252]You have Thomas Jones who is starting to get injured and averaged 2.2 yards a carry in the playoffs and you guys are sad we aren't paying him a HUGE contract when we have a ton of players to sign, not to mention we have WAR MACHINE and leon. [/QUOTE]

Agree about Strickland, but Leon and Greene make me nervous.

If Leon is back 100%, we're in decent shape, but Greene has a lot to prove.

Strange how you forget that it was the "War Machine" who couldn't stay healthy in our biggest game since '98. With him, it's like what's going to happen next - a fumble or an injury? Maybe it's just me, but no way do I feel secure with Greene yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3515312]NOOOooo.:(

Strickland>Lowery.[/QUOTE]

He'd have to actually play more than half the snaps Lowery does to be considered "better"...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYy2a9fum8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYy2a9fum8[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3515320]He'd have to actually play more than half the snaps Lowery does to be considered "better"...[/QUOTE]

I get ur point, but his concussion injury wasnt exactly his fault. As far as the ankle......ehhh....whatever.

Maybe some of our ankles are put together better than others.:P

I still saw enough of him last season to (imo) consider him a better corner than Lowery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3515330]I get ur point, but his concussion injury wasnt exactly his fault. As far as the ankle......ehhh....whatever.

I still saw enough of him last season to (imo) consider him a better corner than Lowery.[/QUOTE]

I liked him alot too, its too bad the guy cant stay on the field, still remember the first big play he made when he forced a fumble on Slaton in the first game at Houston, thought he would be a valuable DB to have, but if you cant stay on the field what are you really worth I guess

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3515330]I get ur point, but his concussion injury wasnt exactly his fault. As far as the ankle......ehhh....whatever.

I still saw enough of him last season to (imo) consider him a better corner than Lowery.[/QUOTE]

I understand. We all discussed his injury history when we first acquired him and it was a valid concern that eventually came to fruition here.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3515346]I liked him alot too, its too bad the guy cant stay on the field, still remember the first big play he made when he forced a fumble on Slaton in the first game at Houston, thought he would be a valuable DB to have, but if you cant stay on the field what are you really worth I guess[/QUOTE]

That's correct. The Jets decided to fill the roster spot with a body that can be relied upon. I'm still not opposed to drafting a corner in the 2nd round now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3515312]NOOOooo.:(

Strickland>Lowery.[/QUOTE]

You or I>>>>>>Lowery

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3515376]You or I>>>>>>Lowery[/QUOTE]

Some of my combine stats....

6'1 185

5.8 40yrd

13" vertical

Press 160lb (2x)

Uncanny ability to locate and contain the best sale on beer at the market.

:P

On a serious note, Lowery has been a dissapointment imo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3515268]I still believe there's a good possibility we still draft a CB in round 1.[/QUOTE]
    i think the 1st rounder is going to a d-lineman. maybe an rb with the 2nd rounder. i'm thinking cb with the 5th rounder. this is all assuming the jets sign a wr to fill in the 3rd wr spot. if not, maybe wr with the 2nd rounder and they sign a rb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the odds are DL in round 1, either wr or cb in round 2, with an edge to cb b/c rex has say, they let go of strickland and lito, and last year's draft was all offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't rely on a guy to stay healthy, then it doesn't matter how good he is. That's why Strickland's gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't see that at all. what i see is the jets bringing in a bunch of udfa's to try out. as for strickland, he was fragile and i guess there is a chance it was more he may be re-signed for short money.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3515268]I still believe there's a good possibility we still draft a CB in round 1.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;3515300]Drew Coleman must be replaced. He is the weak link in the secondary.
    If somebody else gets hurt, we CANNOT rely on him to cover the slot WR[/QUOTE]

Lowery will be playing over Drew Coleman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3515247]my guess is they think they have Lowery and Coleman now to back up the TURKS AND CAICOS, THE TWIN ISLANDS...

plus they will be finding a DB in the draft, for certain[/QUOTE]

Jets are gettting bigger at CB and Drew Coleman will be cut...jmo... LOWERY IS GOING TO BE ALOT BETTER THIS YEAR AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM VS PEYTON.[B] EXPERIENCE[/B] is how you get better..You learn from your mistakes and I bet Lowery is watching film from the AFCC right now.:yes:

The jets are definitely drafting a CB in the draft.

Revis
    Cromartie
    Draft Pick :cool: Playmaker!!!
    Lowery
    UDFA or maybe draft another CB w/5th rd pick... I like Brian Jackson/Oklahoma

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515241]Strickland was signed to a 3 year deal, they must really have not liked his play in 09 and injury prone-ness (is that a word? lol). Seems like he played well for a nickle/dime to me but what do I know.[/QUOTE]

I think Rex thinks he Strickland either didn't do enough to get better or was actually well enough to play but was dogging it. I don't see him getting cut for merely being injury prone.

Also, was there a clause in his contract that he gets paid if on the roster after March 5? If not, then they could have cut him later. This smacks of significant dissatisfaction, but as you say, what do I know?