Thread: Tanny on Michael Kay Show at 5 and Cromartie

Tanny on Michael Kay Show at 5 and Cromartie

will be on between 5:30 and 6 PM
    Last edited by sect313; 03-05-2010 at 03:59 PM.

They were going to take a CB at the 29th!

[QUOTE=sect313;3515368]will be on between 5:30 and 6 PM[/QUOTE]

no on RIGHT NOW

Cromartie to be on next any moment know

Cromartie excited about being on the number 1 defense! :)

Practice Squad
    I like his attitude and i like his enthusiasm. He talked about Rex and moving into the new stadium. Says these are exciting times. He said this is crucial offseason for Rhodes. He wants Leon Washington back bad.

"Coach Ryan" "The type of defense we play" Already talking like he's been on the team for awhile haha

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Shahataman;3515608]I like his attitude and i like his enthusiasm. He talked about Rex and moving into the new stadium. Says these are exciting times. He said this is crucial offseason for Rhodes. [B]He wants Leon Washington back bad.[/B][/QUOTE]

Was thinking about that....they played together at FSU....Not sure if that means anything, but perhaps they were close.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3515573]Tanny said if not for this trade they would have been forced to take a CB at 29 Overall, now they have flexibility[/QUOTE]

Really? Why would you have been "forced" into that? Especially when your team's greatest need was on the d-line and pass rush, even before this trade?

[QUOTE=Toooon;3515617]Really? Why would you have been "forced" into that? Especially when your team's greatest need was on the d-line and pass rush, even before this trade?[/QUOTE]

Obviously because they disagreed with you and felt that CB was our biggest need

Practice Squad
    Cromartie say hes fine with his contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Toooon;3515617]Really? Why would you have been "forced" into that? Especially when your team's greatest need was on the d-line and pass rush, even before this trade?[/QUOTE]

With Strickland and Sheppard gone, our CB's would've been Revis, Lowery and Drew Coleman, making that position easily our biggest need.

I thoroughly enjoyed the radio show, tyvm for the heads up!

I don't think Tannenbaum was necessarily telling the truth with the CB comment. IMO he was simply not tipping his hand to the next 10 or so teams picking after the Jets # 29 as to what player he was looking for.

For all we know he thinks WR is the biggest need and if he said something like "CB was our 2nd biggest need after WR" then if a team wanting a WR that's picking in the 30's or 40's sees Golden Tate fall to #28 would know they would have to trade ahead of the Jets at #28.

It's just day 1 of a long offseason. I'm anxiously waiting to see what Tanny and Rex pull off next.