Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arizona trades WR Boldin to Ravens

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515728]Newsome did a great job with the trade and new contract.[/QUOTE]

Well, new details.

[quote]Adam_Schefter: Anquan Boldin lands three-year, $25 million extension, leaving him with four years and $28 million left. New deal includes $10 million gtd.[/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3515711]They kill kittens.

I don't like that.[/QUOTE]
    well it isnt our fault the bengals have sucked up until last year.:D

[QUOTE=jvill 51;3515726]A 3rd and a 4th, and get a 5th back? That's the steal of a lifetime. I can't believe no one wold trump that and they supposedly had at least 3 suitors.[/QUOTE]

Ya and to think they wanted a first for him last year!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515699]:pray:[/QUOTE]

..really. you guys are that big on Tate...

I'm interested to see how Boldin performs without Fitz drawing coverage opposite to him.. I've never challenged his toughness as a receiver, but we'll get a good look at his ability to get seperation against #1CBs now..

[QUOTE=Paradis;3515736]..really. you guys are that big on Tate...

I'm interested to see how Boldin performs without Fitz drawing coverage opposite to him.. I've never challenged his toughness as a receiver, but we'll get a good look at his ability to get seperation against #1CBs now..[/QUOTE]

101 catches

1377 yards

8 TD's

His first season.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3515739]101 catches

1377 yards

8 TD's

His first season.[/QUOTE]

ya? do you wanna dig up TO's first season and estimate the same production??

Boldin's no spring chicken anymore my padre
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-05-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    dont forget it was your team that broke his jaw too.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3515740]ya? do you wanna dig TO's first season and estimate the same production??

Boldin's no spring chicken anymore my padre[/QUOTE]

Of course not.

I was just saying, it's not like he hasn't done it without Fitz. Just not recently :P

All Pro
    Ya, i don't think he'll pull a javon walker or anything, but his rpg avg will decline i bet. Still a redzone threat without a doubt though.

Boldin is a straight beast.

Great move by Baltimore

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3515721]The two receivers are not interchangeable.

Boldin fits our need more so than Marshall. Both as a high character, hard working player and as veteran leader who isn't afraid to get blown out of his shoes going over the middle.

You can't possibly tell me the guy too pu$$y to play with a slight strain on his hamstring is in the same league as a locker room fit?

As I said previously, Marshall is a great player. But he wouldn't make a great Jet.

There's a huge difference in the two.[/QUOTE]

You are right there is a huge difference. Boldin is 29 years old with an upside for a possibly 2 to 3 seasons and Marshall is a 25 years old with practically his whole career ahead of him.

If signing high character guys was our primary agenda ( Like Mangini) Braylon Edwards and Cromartie would not be on this JETS team. And Kerry Rhodes would not get an roster bonus.

In this city Coach McDaniels is the #1 hated person right now. I think you need to know the history of his relationship with McDaniels before you say he wimped out of not playing. It was coaches decision. And he was not the only player to be mysteriously benched for that game. I have heard him say on local radio that he was available. Champ Bailey has said he wanted to play. I could go on...but all the same there are always 2 sides to everything. Just focusing on the other side coin.

I think Marshall would make a great JET. He is a studly WR that is way better than Braylon and in combo with could give us one of the best deep threats in this league. Added to that just 10 minutes ago i was told the asking price for him may not even be a first rounder (rumors i am hearing) and the Broncos maybe trading with the Seahawks and not going through the offer sheet method it makes it even more difficult to understand why the JETS are not making a play.

The reason Boldin's price was so low is because he's the WR equivilant of John Abraham.

Looks good for the 12 weeks he plays every year, but that's about all you'll get from him.

[QUOTE=FREEJET;3515538]Why is this good. Baltimore is a AFC contender and we play them next year. If you said Boldin to some mediocre NFC team I would be happy.[/QUOTE]

if the u want to be no,1 u got to beat them all..we will send him revis island..:cool:

[QUOTE=peterj55;3515761]if the u want to be no,1 u got to beat them all..we will send him revis island..:cool:[/QUOTE]

No thanks.

I don't swing that way.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southside;3515465]3 team trade. Boldin to KC, Rhodes to Arizona, Bowe to the Jets. That would be sick.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Bowe has impressed me more than most the last 2 yrs. He has crazy good hands. Sign him up Tanny.

Great pickup for the Ravens.

All League
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;3515776]Dude, [B]Bowe[/B] has impressed me more than most the last 2 yrs. [B]He has crazy good hands.[/B] Sign him up Tanny.[/QUOTE]:confused:

Brandon Marshall is twice the player Braylon Edwards is.
    Some of you guys just refuse to understand this. Stop being "homers" just cuz Edwards wears our jersey.

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3515878]Brandon Marshall is twice the player Braylon Edwards is.
    Some of you guys just refuse to understand this. Stop being "homers" just cuz Edwards wears our jersey.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that people really actually believe that Edwards is better than Marshall on the field. It's just not possible to say that at all IMO. Marshall, from what I hear, is a good team mate too. He's getting a bad rap on here, maybe some of it's true. But I'm pretty sure his team mates like him and understand he's pissed about being under paid and treated like he doesn't matter aka Mangini style. He's a gamebreaker. I think everyone can agree on that. Whether or not you want him on our team because of the chemistry is one thing, but to say the guy isn't a top talent... I agree, you just can't say that.

[QUOTE=southside;3515883]I don't know that people really actually believe that Edwards is better than Marshall on the field. It's just not possible to say that at all IMO. [u]Marshall, from what I hear, is a good team mate too. He's getting a bad rap on here, maybe some of it's true. But I'm pretty sure his team mates like him and understand he's pissed about being under paid and treated like he doesn't matter aka Mangini style.[/u] He's a gamebreaker. I think everyone can agree on that. Whether or not you want him on our team because of the chemistry is one thing, but to say the guy isn't a top talent... I agree, you just can't say that.[/QUOTE]

[quote][b]According to Broncos sources, the problems with Marshall and Scheffler came after team leaders including Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey, Kyle Orton, D.J. Williams and Daniel Graham all met with McDaniels on Monday [u]and encouraged him to take a hardline approach[/u] in preparing the team to finish the season against the Chiefs.[/b]

[b]"We had the guys that wanted to play in the huddle,''[/b] Orton told the Denver Post. "I appreciate coach for his decision. We're trying to win games and we're trying to build something special. And sometimes you have to make tough decisions. And I stand behind him and I know the other guys do as well.''[/quote]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792471[/url]

Not only were Marshall's teammates okay with McDaniels treatment of Marshall, they fully encouraged it. Does that sound like someone who is liked in the locker room to you? Brandon Marshall makes T.O. look like a good teammate in comparison.