Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum: Rhodes will receive his Bonus and Remain with the Jets

Tannenbaum: Rhodes will receive his Bonus and Remain with the Jets

[quote] Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum stated Friday that FS Kerry Rhodes will remain with the team in 2010.
    NY Daily News beat writer Rich Cimini is bound to be skeptical -- he's long been convinced Rhodes will be dealt -- but the Jets are poised to pay the free safety's roster bonus on March 12. Rhodes, 27, is signed through 2012.
    Source: Newark Star-Ledger [/quote]

Just a blurb at the bottom, but here's the Newark Star-Ledgers link

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/03/jets_gm_mike_tannenbaum.html[/url]

I'm in favor of Rhodes staying, like the idea to give him 2nd year with Rex/system.

HUZZAH!

HUZZAH!

HUZZAH!!

It makes f'n sense...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Way to up that draft pick Tanny.;)

Of course Rhodes should stay.

All League
    as he should

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3515478]HUZZAH!

HUZZAH!

HUZZAH!!

It makes f'n sense...[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, congrats Gato.

Have to admit the probability of upgrading the position would've been pretty low.

And Cimini fails again.

At least this time half the board failed with him :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Good deal!

CB Darrelle Revis
    S Kerry Rhodes
    S Jim Leonhard
    CB Antonio Cromartie

Pick your poison. Oh, and watch out for Kris Jenkins coming at you in about 1.8 seconds :yes:

I bet he changed his mind when all the other players told him how they'd kill to play for Rex. Rhodes was coming off like a spoiled, self entitled prick. Can't deny that he came on strong at the end of the season after they humbled his ass. If he really wants to be here and really wants to work then I'm all for it. Kerry is the only thing holding Kerry back. Rex is trying to make him a great player, question is does Rhodes have the dedication to make it happen?

Banned
    [QUOTE=dassin;3515484]Hahahah, congrats Gato.

[B]Have to admit the probability of upgrading the position would've been pretty low.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's what it comes down to. There isn't a better option available. It makes no sense to trade Rhodes.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515489]Good deal!

CB Darrelle Revis
    S Kerry Rhodes
    S Jim Leonhard
    CB Antonio Cromartie

Pick your poison. Oh, and watch out for Kris Jenkins coming at you in about 1.8 seconds :yes:[/QUOTE]

He'd get there in 1.3 if it weren't for him having to use .5 of it to throw the Center out of his way to create a clear path to the QB. :D

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515489]Good deal!

CB Darrelle Revis
    S Kerry Rhodes
    S Jim Leonhard
    CB Antonio Cromartie

Pick your poison.[B] Oh, and watch out for Kris Jenkins coming at you in about 1.8 seconds[/B] :yes:[/QUOTE]

Looked EVERYWHERE on the net as to KJ's status. Injury, almost retiring before last season,

DOES ANYBODY KNOW KJ's status??:huh::huh:

Hall Of Fame
    good. Revis vouched for him, good enough for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=southside;3515494]He'd get there in 1.3 if it weren't for him having to use .5 of it to throw the Center out of his way to create a clear path to the QB. :D[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/jenkins-1.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515502][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/jenkins-1.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Love it! Isn't that the great Logan Mankins? What a douche. Love how he finished the play with a sack too. That was pure domination. Can't wait! I have a mancrush on Jenkins.

Tannenbaum: Rhodes will recieve his Bonus

In his presser today, reported by Manish Mehta, GREAT news, his last shot, maybe moved after next year, but everyone will be back on the Rhodes Bandwagon next year, trust me!

Hes in for a PRO BOWL year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

But, but, but....what about the poster that told me that Kerry was gone - book it?

Hmm... I don't see this as any news at all.

I would imagine the Jets would want to say this, just to not give off the impression they are looking to move him. I'm not saying they are, this is probably legit. But, teams probably are not as willing to give up high draft pick for a guy the Jets don't want to keep, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3515492]That's what it comes down to. There isn't a better option available. It makes no sense to trade Rhodes.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Trading Rhodes for 50 cents on the dollar just because he's a punk makes no sense.

He's talented and pretty cheap contract wise.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3515479]Way to up that draft pick Tanny.;)

Of course Rhodes should stay.[/QUOTE]

Lol...I really wouldn't mind trading him for a good pick if we can get a good player...