Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum: Rhodes will receive his Bonus and Remain with the Jets

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3515523]Hmm... I don't see this as any news at all.

I would imagine the Jets would want to say this, just to not give off the impression they are looking to move him. I'm not saying they are, this is probably legit. But, teams probably are not as willing to give up high draft pick for a guy the Jets don't want to keep, no?[/QUOTE]

I don't see them leaving the door open for a trade there, saying he WILL be back next year is speaking in absolutes.

All League
    Here's hoping this is another Tanny smokescreen. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=JetBidi;3515537]Here's hoping this is another Tanny smokescreen. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Smokescreen would be "As of right now, nothing has changed, Kerry continues to be a member of the Jets"

He's on record as saying Rhodes will get the bonus and will be back next year, I don't see a businessman going back on a statement like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515544]Smokescreen would be "As of right now, nothing has changed, Kerry continues to be a member of the Jets"

He's on record as saying Rhodes will get the bonus and will be back next year, I don't see a businessman going back on a statement like that.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3515489]Good deal!

CB Darrelle Revis
    S Kerry Rhodes
    S Jim Leonhard
    CB Antonio Cromartie

Pick your poison. Oh, and watch out for Kris Jenkins coming at you in about 1.8 seconds :yes:[/QUOTE]

I always enjoy reading ur posts...
    not that it matters but I concur..

All League

Rhodes back for 2010

[QUOTE][url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/jets-say-kerry-rhodes-will-be-back-in-2010/[/url]

Jets say Kerry Rhodes will be back in 2010

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2010 5:44 PM ET
    Kerry Rhodes often clashed with the Jets' coaching staff last season, and he took to Twitter to discuss leaving New York, while complaining that he had lost his job as the starting free safety and saying he thought other teams would want him in 2010.

But 2010 has arrived, and the Jets say they're hanging onto Rhodes.

Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum told reporters today that Rhodes will receive his $2 million roster bonus on March 12 and be on the team for the 2010 season.

A lot can happen between now and the start of the regular season, and it's not too late for the Jets to change their minds -- especially if Rhodes reverts to making noises about wanting to go elsewhere. But with Rhodes now saying he wants to stay, and the Jets now saying they want to have him, all indications are that Rhodes will be a Jet in 2010.[/QUOTE]

What do you think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=JI;3515549]I always enjoy reading ur posts...
    not that it matters but I concur..[/QUOTE]

Thanks man

All Pro
    My god.. this defense is going to be murdered out next year.

I honestly feel sorry for whomever gets cornholed week 1 by rex & co.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-05-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Rhodes really isn't this defenses biggest problem or the teams biggest need. Keeping him onboard another season was a good move.

All League

Kerry Rhodes next year, staying or leaving??

I have made my thoughts about Carrie "take my picture " Rhodes very clear around here. I wanted his soft a$$ out of here!!!

i am starting to change my mind. after his benching this past year i thought he started to figure out rex and company are not going to take that style of play. bart scott, faneca, mangold etc are changing the culture around here and you better come to play Jet football. we know Carrie has the tools and ability to be a pro-bowl player, lets hope he figures "it" out. I for one think he is worth keeping around another year. thoughts??

Outside of Troy Polamalu and Bob Sanders, there really aren't any elite NFL safeties. Rhodes can cover as well as any of them though so he's a valuable player and a key cog in this defense unless a better option presents itself.

Also Tanny said that Kerry would get his bonus and remain a Jet in 2010.

Hall Of Fame
    personally, I think the Jets should trade Kerry Rhodes & Dwight Lowery to the Raiders for Nnamdi Asomugha and move Antonio Cormartie to FS.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3516513]personally, I think the Jets should trade Kerry Rhodes & Dwight Lowery to the Raiders for Nnamdi Asomugha and move Antonio Cormartie to FS.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a complete waste of Cromatrie's talent.

That move makes no sense to me and it makes the team worse IMO because we'd lose our nickel CB and there will be a dip in play from Rhodes to Cromarite at FS.

Like it or not, Rhodes is sticking around. Tanenbaum made it pretty clear that he wants 25 back next year.

All League
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3516518]I think that's a complete waste of Cromatrie's talent.

That move makes no sense to me and it makes the team worse IMO because we'd lose our nickel CB and there will be a dip in play from Rhodes to Cromarite at FS.

Like it or not, Rhodes is sticking around. Tanenbaum made it pretty clear that he wants 25 back next year.[/QUOTE]

agree....that move would make no sense.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3516520]agree....that move would make no sense.[/QUOTE]

well..what are the physical statistics of cromartie and rhodes? I don't even know but let's start here.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3516524]well..what are the physical statistics of cromartie and rhodes? I don't even know but let's start here.[/QUOTE]

I don't really know what you mean by "physical statistics."

Cromartie is a CB all the way. He doesn't like to tackle... think Rhodes is soft? He's Deacon Jones compared to AC.

Cromartie's strength is playing man coverage. Bump and run, man up with a WR. He's struggled for 2 years in a zone system. His best attribute is his athleticism and ability to turn and run. One of the most physically gifted CBs I've ever seen. Rex said his pro-day at FSU was the best he's ever seen from a CB. His running ability and hip flexibility is truly amazing. Just because he's 6'2 205 doesn't mean he plays that big in terms of tackling.

To put it plainly, he just can't and shouldn't play safety. That's not his game.

It would be like asking Braylon to play RB because he's big and fast.

Mr. Angry has spoken

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This is warranted.

All League
    for a change, you are both correct.....i have spoken and it is warrented...:yes:

now your thoughts on Carrie....you want him back, yes or no.

Banned
    I love the fact that Kerry Rhodes is coming back next season. Say what you say about Kerry Rhodes, but the man is the 2nd best secondary player that we have, he's also one of the best Safetys in the game today when it comes to Pass coverage.

Couldn't be more happy about this news. Kerry Rhodes is one hell of a talent, I'm looking forward to watching Kerry Rhodes play under Rex Ryan next season.

Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Kerry Rhodes... Nothing but talent right there, with a pass rush... lol, watch out, the AFC East is ours next season.

Jim Leonard may not be as gifted with overall talents as these 3 guys, but... I love his Guts and he's also a smart Safety.

I'm loving our secondary as of right now.