Thread: Tannenbaum: Rhodes will receive his Bonus and Remain with the Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :steamin:

so much for that, huh?

What's going on here Mikey T???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess now we know never to listen to a single word this man ever says. lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3516625]I love the fact that Kerry Rhodes is coming back next season. Say what you say about Kerry Rhodes, but the man is the 2nd best secondary player that we have, he's also one of the best Safetys in the game today when it comes to Pass coverage.

Couldn't be more happy about this news. Kerry Rhodes is one hell of a talent, I'm looking forward to watching Kerry Rhodes play under Rex Ryan next season..[/QUOTE]

Gee you gotta be bummed out now huh? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum must have a plan in place here.

we had essentially perfected the roster so as to free up all hysteric need-based drafting going into April.

Now to jettison a starting player in the secondary essentially brings the team back down a level.

Now you are looking at either signing a safety or drafting one in the first two rounds.

Not liking this move from a value standpoint.

Rhodes may have been a ***** primadonna and inconsistent but his coverage skills were golden when he was "on".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3516676]Gee you gotta be bummed out now huh? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Well, I loved Kerry Rhodes as a player, but... Bummed out? Hell no, not when you have an amazing girl like I have. About to watch a movie, relax and enjoy life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3516685]Well, I loved Kerry Rhodes as a player, but... Bummed out? Hell no, not when you have an amazing girl like I have. About to watch a movie, relax and enjoy life.[/QUOTE]

Tap it, and check back in 4 mins....we will have a new Safety to replace Rhodes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised some of you actually believed Mike T. This is his MO - the ultimate game of chess. At this point, whatever he says, just believe the opposite will happen

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3516711]Tap it, and check back in 4 mins....we will have a new Safety to replace Rhodes.[/QUOTE]

What's he gonna do with the extra 3 minutes? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    a fourth in April and a seventh in 2011...

excellent value for the softie safety. He can be closer to Hollywood and his guaranteed future appearance on Dancing with the Stars

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    tanny...the king of blowing smoke up ones ass.
    so much for 'kerry will be back' (unless something changes)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3516666]Well, I guess now we know never to listen to a single word this man ever says. lol[/QUOTE]

Think again....

[URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Kerry+Rhodes"]S Kerry Rhodes[/URL], due a $2 million roster bonus next week, [B]will be back "unless something changes," Tannenbaum said, leaving a little wiggle room[/B][LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/03/05/2010-03-05_new_york_jets_cornerback_antonio_cromartie_handling_25000_in_child_support_the_r.html#ixzz0hRqGCsT6[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenkins will play safety; and our CB's will hold up the receivers so #77 can get a running shot at them.

BLAM!