Thread: LaDell Betts and Randy Thomas?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

LaDell Betts and Randy Thomas?

They were cap purged by the Skins and both can help us out with both depth and to push our starters. I was always mad we lost Thomas, but he's still a quality guard who could push Faneca and/or give us quality depth in the interior line. Betts has a lot of tread on his tires playing behind Portis all these years, he can show Greene how to be a pro and is good insurance if Leon comes back slowly or signs elsewhere. Always liked Betts' bowling ball style of running, think he'd be a great number three or four back depending on who we draft. At least we know he'll pick up a blitz, while we have no idea if Chauncey Washington knows how (doubtful he ever had to at USC).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3515561]They were cap purged by the Skins and both can help us out with both depth and to push our starters. I was always mad we lost Thomas, but he's still a quality guard who could push Faneca and/or give us quality depth in the interior line. Betts has a lot of tread on his tires playing behind Portis all these years, he can show Greene how to be a pro and is good insurance if Leon comes back slowly or signs elsewhere. Always liked Betts' bowling ball style of running, think he'd be a great number three or four back depending on who we draft. At least we know he'll pick up a blitz, while we have no idea if Chauncey Washington knows how (doubtful he ever had to at USC).[/QUOTE]

i too was mad when the Redskins signed Randy Thomas.....

SEVEN FREAKING YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no reason to bring him back, o line is the least of worries

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ground and pound;3515642]i too was mad when the Redskins signed Randy Thomas.....

no reason to bring him back, o line is the least of worries[/QUOTE]

We have no interior depth. Hunter is a tackle. We let Goodwin go and he's the Pro Bowl starter for the Saints. Thomas is a good citizen, will push Faneca, and can back-up center and both guard spots. Not many picks this year, so we need depth on the O-line.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3515656]We have no interior depth. Hunter is a tackle. We let Goodwin go and he's the Pro Bowl starter for the Saints. Thomas is a good citizen, will push Faneca, and can back-up center and both guard spots. Not many picks this year, so we need depth on the O-line.[/QUOTE]

I am sure everyone knows, Faneca has been a career LG, Randy Thomas has been a career RG. If we signed him, it would be to push RG Brandon Moore, not Alan Faneca.

I was mad they let him go, worries over his knee back then but he has been productive for many years in Washington, now he is nearing the end of the line, I don't see the Jets getting him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to make a run at Betts though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;3515757]I would love to make a run at Betts though.[/QUOTE]

+1

He was running hard before the injury. Assuming the knee is healing...he'd be a solid pick-up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I'd love Thomas, he'd want a starting job, and starter's money.

Betts I would love. Great insurance for both Greene and Leon.. Betts has done a solid job over the years filling in for Portis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    at the right price i would sign betts in a [B]heart beat..[/B]

the guy flat out runs hard..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3515952]at the right price i would sign betts in a [B]heart beat..[/B]

the guy flat out runs hard..[/QUOTE]

what he said. Yeah.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    why does someone have to start a thread every time some washed up former jet is released from whatever team he has ruined recently to suggest that we bring him back

what are we, some sort of NFL old age home??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Betts would give us a lot of what we lost in Jones for significantly less coin. Would love to have him in the mix with Shonn and Leon.

Betts or Fargas, please.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass on Betts.

Marcus Mason however (one of the other Skins RB Cuts) is interesting, a guy with a lot of potential in the minds of many here in DC. Cheap as dirt abd available.

Sign him and cut the Rudy-Story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ground and pound;3515642]i too was mad when the Redskins signed Randy Thomas.....

no reason to bring him back, [B][U]o line is the least of worries[/U][/B][/QUOTE]

OL starters are great but the Jets have probably the least depth at OL in the entire NFL. This MUST be addressed. You don't get lucky every year with an injury-free OL. If the Jets don't do something it will, mark my words, bite Rex on his big fat ass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3516211]OL starters are great but the Jets have probably the least depth at OL in the entire NFL. This MUST be addressed. You don't get lucky every year with an injury-free OL. If the Jets don't do something it will, mark my words, bite Rex on his big fat ass.[/QUOTE]
    Well said! And one key injury to the O-line and watch how it effects the play of Sanchez and our running game. Jets better make O-line depth a priority. You can only be injury-free for so long.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3515561]They were cap purged by the Skins and both can help us out with both depth and to push our starters. I was always mad we lost Thomas, but he's still a quality guard who could push Faneca and/or give us quality depth in the interior line. Betts has a lot of tread on his tires playing behind Portis all these years, he can show Greene how to be a pro and is good insurance if Leon comes back slowly or signs elsewhere. Always liked Betts' bowling ball style of running, think he'd be a great number three or four back depending on who we draft. At least we know he'll pick up a blitz, while we have no idea if Chauncey Washington knows how (doubtful he ever had to at USC).[/QUOTE]

Tanny seems to believe in Washington and his ability to pick up the blitz.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfO1IsXAtQ[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass on both. Betts is a worse version of Thomas Jones and Thomas is 34 and has had two injury wracked years out of the last 3.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we need to get younger at G, not older, and Randy Thomas is a year older than Faneca, plus he plays the right side.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randy Thomas is too expensive and getting old. Betts is average.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    betts? really? thomas? really?

what are you on, i want some