Thread: Tyson Alualu, Cal, 6'2 290lb'er

All League

Tyson Alualu, Cal, 6'2 290lb'er

May be a good fit as a 3-4 End, actually had 8 sacks as a Senior as a DT so he must have decent quicks. I don't know if hes worth a second rounder, so I doubt the Jets get a chance at him, but who knows? I actually think that between Douglass and Devito et al., the Jets have decent players for the "Power" type of DEs their 3-4 requires.

A bigger need IMO is a real THREAT from the edge, hopefully they get a chance at one of the DE/OLB passrushers in this draft....Hughes would be nice.

After that, even with the Cromartie trade the Jets STILL need a true Nickel back....unless you want to see Drew "The Dwarf" Coleman back out there. Also, help at Slot Receiver would be a nice luxury to have.

So many possibilities, I can't wait for the Draft.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3515653]May be a good fit as a 3-4 End, actually had 8 sacks as a Senior as a DT so he must have decent quicks. I don't know if hes worth a second rounder, so I doubt the Jets get a chance at him, but who knows? I actually think that between Douglass and Devito et al., the Jets have decent players for the "Power" type of DEs their 3-4 requires.

A bigger need IMO is a real THREAT from the edge, hopefully they get a chance at one of the DE/OLB passrushers in this draft....Hughes would be nice.

After that, even with the Cromartie trade the Jets STILL need a true Nickel back....unless you want to see Drew "The Dwarf" Coleman back out there. Also, help at Slot Receiver would be a nice luxury to have.

So many possibilities, I can't wait for the Draft.[/QUOTE]

Definite 3-4 DE...lined up in a lot of different techniques for Cal, even lined up at rush end sometimes. Not the quickest off the snap but he's got great upper-body strength and a high-octane motor.

I was listening to Daniel Jeremiah's "Move The Sticks" podcast today. Jeremiah is an ex-scout of a few teams and was at the combine. He was saying that Alualu's stock is rising to the point where he could even sneak into the first round. I don't see that happening but it makes me think he will be gone by our second round pick.

All Pro
    he was my 2nd pick in my mock ^^

at some point someone's gonna fall. they're all saying Thomas this, Houston that, Alualu' rising..

some of these dudes are gonna make it till our pick.

If it was up to me, I'd take Dan WIlliams/Houston in the first, then Thomas/Alualu in the 2nd.

DLine is game set and match after that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3515765]he was my 2nd pick in my mock ^^

at some point someone's gonna fall. they're all saying Thomas this, Houston that, Alualu' rising..

some of these dudes are gonna make it till our pick.

If it was up to me, I'd take Dan WIlliams/Houston in the first, then Thomas/Alualu in the 2nd.

DLine is game set and match after that.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be opposed to this at all.

We could use some young talent along the D-line. I'm a huge Dan Williams fan. If either Williams or Graham are still on the board when we go on the clock, I'll be doing cartwheels...or punch the wall if we pass on one of them.

[QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3515706]I was listening to Daniel Jeremiah's "Move The Sticks" podcast today. Jeremiah is an ex-scout of a few teams and was at the combine. He was saying that Alualu's stock is rising to the point where he could even sneak into the first round. I don't see that happening but it makes me think he will be gone by our second round pick.[/QUOTE]

Just a follow up to this. Daniel Jeremiah just did his first mock draft on his podcast today. It was very interesting and unconventional. He had the Jets taking...Brian Price! I recommend downloading the free podcast to hear the whole mock.

All League
    I know Price is/was a DT, but does he have the skillset to kick to DE in a 3-4? Or is he strictly a guy to platoon with Big Jenks and Pouha while grooming him to take over for KJ?

It seems like ALL of US are thinking Defense first for the Jets.....which means they'll probably wind up drafting a WR.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3515924]I know Price is/was a DT, but does he have the skillset to kick to DE in a 3-4? Or is he strictly a guy to platoon with Big Jenks and Pouha while grooming him to take over for KJ?

It seems like ALL of US are thinking Defense first for the Jets.....which means they'll probably wind up drafting a WR.[/QUOTE]

I always lean towards the defense. But I totally get if they want another weapon for Sanchez in order for him to succeed.

As for Price, I don't think he is any smaller than Douglas and Devito. And he would be real tough to stop one on one. I think he can play 3-4 DE especially the way Rex runs it. I am starting to like the idea of drafting Price.

if price is there he may be too good a value to pass up. but what about wootten? that guy is a beast, but is he healed?

A 2nd seems high for Alualu, but I can probably explain that with personal preference. I really prefer a bigger DL....