Thread: Full Jets Draft Mock- I'll give it a try

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Jets Draft Mock- I'll give it a try

1. Demaryius Thomas-WR -Georgia Tech- 6'2-230 - Awesome WR who can go up and get the ball but also has very good YAC ability.....was stuck in a triple option offense but it helped turned him into a run-blocking beast as well.....Would be our 3rd WR, but Cotch would move inside on 3 WR sets....Nice weapon for Mark

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1TMcNB_vA[/url]

2. Eric Norwood-OLB-South Carolina- 6'1-250-All-Time sack leader at South Carolina who played DE, ILB, and OLB during his career there.....Rex would love this guy in his defense.....very aggressive and just a very instinctive football player who made big plays consistently.....first play is at around 20 seconds, classic Norwood:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcx-V4xd2Nk[/url]

5. LeGarrette Blount-RB-Oregon- 6'2- 240- BEAST.....obviously screwed up by throwing that punch, but that has nothing to do with how talented of a runner Blount is.....You want ground and pound?? Defenses will be begging for mercy by the 4th qtr after LeGarrette and Shonn destroy them all game, no joke.....will be a steal, just hope it's us that pulls off the heist

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-18rW2muM&feature=related[/url]

6. Clifton Geathers-DE-South Carolina- 6'7-300- Probably should have stayed in school for his senior year, but he has a lot of potential in the NFL.....At times he was beastly out there and nearly unblockable, other times not so much.....I think Rex could work with this guy and make him into a big-time player down the line.....He probably can put on another 20 pounds easily.....Brother, Robert Geathers plays for the Bengals

[IMG]http://media.thestate.com/smedia/2009/10/24/22/geathers.standalone.prod_affiliate.74.jpg[/IMG]

7. Darian Stewart- S- South Carolina- 5'11- 215- A very good player in the SEC who always had a knack for a big play at a big time.....just very solid overall SS who can lay the lumber as well as cover well......Very aggressive, watch the hit below on Dexter McCluster to help seal the upset:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1prUeIGMyo&feature=related[/url]

Criticism/Praises welcome.....but I'd be very happy if we get any of these guys......Yeah I went with the 3 Gamecocks on D, but they all make sense for us, and were all big parts of a very good defense over the past few years out of the SEC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like all the picks and the direction you are going with them. But I don't think Blount or Geathers will be available at the spots you mentioned. Geathers would be a great project for Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3515674]I like all the picks and the direction you are going with them. But I don't think Blount or Geathers will be available at the spots you mentioned. Geathers would be a great project for Rex.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not.....especially Geathers, but it's not that big of a stretch......And yeah I agree that Geathers would be a great project for Rex. He will be a very good player down the line if he wants to be and with the right coaching, too much natural talent

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    With CB now less of a need, I could definitely see the Jets going receiver in the 1st round.

Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, and Damian Williams could be prime candidates.

Thomas' broken foot does concern me a little. Williams has the chemistry with Sanchez but I'm a bit weary of USC receivers. Tate is dynamic but is a raw prospect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we could have Benn(3rd WR taken) staring us in the face at 29 with the Boldin to the Ravens deal. Just sayin'...unless you still like Thomas better. Both good options for this team.

I think with the depth at OLB I think we can do better than Norwood but I know you love him so I'll leave it alone.

Good call on Stewart.

Love the SC homerism. Way to represent...

SC still won't get the Gators next year but I'm expecting big things from Ashlon Jeffery. There's another SO. playmaker I like whose name escapes me due to drunkenness...a RB I believe. Help me out...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up... I like Thomas a lot more than Tate.

Good job.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    did anyone happen to notice in demaryius thomas highlight his jersey says [B]B[/B] Thomas not [B]D[/B] Thomas

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3515807]I think we could have Benn(3rd WR taken) staring us in the face at 29 with the Boldin to the Ravens deal. Just sayin'...unless you still like Thomas better. Both good options for this team.

I think with the depth at OLB I think we can do better than Norwood but I know you love him so I'll leave it alone.

Good call on Stewart.

Love the SC homerism. Way to represent...

SC still won't get the Gators next year but I'm expecting big things from Ashlon Jeffery. There's another SO. playmaker I like whose name escapes me due to drunkenness...a RB I believe. Help me out...[/QUOTE]

I really like D Thomas....my 2nd favorite WR obviously behind Dez.....but I mean Williams from USC because of Sanchez, Tate, or Benn would be cool too......Benn scares me though because of how little production he had this past season.....what's the deal with that? Was their qb situation that god-awful?? He didn't even put up ONE 100 yard game

Honestly, I don't even think Norwood will be there, but it's possible.....who do you like better at OLB in the 2nd? The knack on him wasn't production, it was more about him possibly not being an elite athlete.....and he actually had a very good combine, so idk where his stock is at now.....dk if you watch SC alot, but I know you have had to notice him a couple times over the past few years

Yeah, Alshon is already beast status IMO as a freshman and will be one of the top WR's in a couple of years.....You might be thinking of either RB Kenny Miles or RB Jarvis Giles.....both were freshmen had some big plays last season.....Our other freshman WR Tori Gurley also was a playmaker who had something like 5 td's called back during the season due to penalties LOL.....Marcus Lattimore, the best RB recruit in the nation according to scouts inc signed with us a month ago as well and everyone down here is expecting big things from him.....I mean we got the playmakers and a good QB, the O-line has just been a complete disaster. Makes sense when all they do is go to the bars every f'n night :steamin:

And I think we'll get the Gators this time around in the swamp.....We had a bunch of talented Sophomores and Freshmen starting and we're only losing 3 starters going into next season.....I've actually seen a lot of different CF sites/people on message boards picking us for the East which scares me a little. We'll see, Georgia is talented but will have a new qb, Tenn ehh not so much with the new coach/qb, Kentucky nahh, and Vandy is Vandy.......I really think our game in the swamp next November could decide the East barring injuries which would be awesome

[QUOTE=ratliff5;3515827]did anyone happen to notice in demaryius thomas highlight his jersey says [B]B[/B] Thomas not [B]D[/B] Thomas[/QUOTE]

His nickname is "Bay-Bay" (hopefully not anything like Heyward-Bey :cool: )

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;3515986]I really like D Thomas....my 2nd favorite WR obviously behind Dez.....but I mean Williams from USC because of Sanchez, Tate, or Benn would be cool too......Benn scares me though because of how little production he had this past season.....what's the deal with that? Was their qb situation that god-awful?? He didn't even put up ONE 100 yard game

Honestly, I don't even think Norwood will be there, but it's possible.....who do you like better at OLB in the 2nd? The knack on him wasn't production, it was more about him possibly not being an elite athlete.....and he actually had a very good combine, so idk where his stock is at now.....dk if you watch SC alot, but I know you have had to notice him a couple times over the past few years

Yeah, Alshon is already beast status IMO as a freshman and will be one of the top WR's in a couple of years.....You might be thinking of either RB Kenny Miles or RB Jarvis Giles.....both were freshmen had some big plays last season.....Our other freshman WR Tori Gurley also was a playmaker who had something like 5 td's called back during the season due to penalties LOL.....Marcus Lattimore, the best RB recruit in the nation according to scouts inc signed with us a month ago as well and everyone down here is expecting big things from him.....I mean we got the playmakers and a good QB, the O-line has just been a complete disaster. Makes sense when all they do is go to the bars every f'n night :steamin:

And I think we'll get the Gators this time around in the swamp.....We had a bunch of talented Sophomores and Freshmen starting and we're only losing 3 starters going into next season.....I've actually seen a lot of different CF sites/people on message boards picking us for the East which scares me a little. We'll see, Georgia is talented but will have a new qb, Tenn ehh not so much with the new coach/qb, Kentucky nahh, and Vandy is Vandy.......I really think our game in the swamp next November could decide the East barring injuries which would be awesome

His nickname is "Bay-Bay" (hopefully not anything like Heyward-Bey :cool: )[/QUOTE]

I like the Gamecocks receiving core a ton and their secondary is a really good unit and young. Stephon Gilmore is a star in the making and I also like Akeem Auguste, very physical corner...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;3515986]I really like D Thomas....my 2nd favorite WR obviously behind Dez.....but I mean Williams from USC because of Sanchez, Tate, or Benn would be cool too......Benn scares me though because of how little production he had this past season.....what's the deal with that? Was their qb situation that god-awful?? He didn't even put up ONE 100 yard game

His nickname is "Bay-Bay" (hopefully not anything like Heyward-Bey :cool: )[/QUOTE]

I think Benn is way too risky esp in late first or if we move down into the early 2nd. Tate ran well, but still not in love with another under 6ft guy that early. The pick, if we go WR, is Thomas. He has the size and speed to be true #1 in the NFL, plus we can let him develop this year without any pressure, and then let braylon go and have him take over.

If we dont go WR, I want O or Def line....Pouncey is a great versatile player who I really like. Im not a fan of Norwood, as he doesnt do anything superbly...solid player yes, but Id rather see us with a Hughes type guy over Norwood.

If we a need special teams guy and developmental player, we should look at Sean Lee in the 3-4th area....very good college player who was injured and can be a great role player in our Def eventually and be a special teams contrinbutor right away.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be a pretty nice draft.

I feel like Norwood would replace Westerman as the DE/OLB/ILB guy...but I guess all our guys should be able to do that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha yeah, let's just take every Gamecock who's available in the 2010 draft.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im pretty sure we gave our 5th rounder to Mangini for Braylon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3516521]hahaha yeah, let's just take every Gamecock who's available in the 2010 draft.[/QUOTE]

LOL can't ever have enough Cocks :D

But seriously, they all fit well for us.....it's not like any of these mocks will come true anyway

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3516539]Im pretty sure we gave our 5th rounder to Mangini for Braylon.[/QUOTE]

got back a fifth from the Eagles in the Sheppard deal

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool... thanks for clearing that up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;3516554]LOL can't ever have enough Cocks :D

But seriously, they all fit well for us.....it's not like any of these mocks will come true anyway[/QUOTE]

Come on buddy try be appropriate talking about fitting multiple cocks is Hampur talk. This is
    [IMG]http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/23089/original/this-is-sparta-7.jpg[/IMG]
    Draft Forum

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please no WR, I hope we go d-line 1-2. If we must get a player on offense I hope its a rb in the second round (Javod Best if he drops or Dexter McCluster)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've got some nice picks there but that would be the draft of the century! LOL!