Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennington re-signs with Dolphins

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pennington re-signs with Dolphins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...ins/#more-8770

No news here really. Just wanted to try to put an end to the talks of Pennington playing here.

On that note... anyone in the rumor mill worth the Jets taking a look at? I welcome any opinions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love that Chad will remain a Phin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Henne/Pennington will be the Top QB duo in the NFL!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what we do with Tyler Thigpen now. I like his moxie. I think he could be a good starter in the right situation. I wouldn't mind trading him and a pick to the Cards for Anquan Boldin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    I wonder what we do with Tyler Thigpen now. I like his moxie. I think he could be a good starter in the right situation. I wouldn't mind trading him and a pick to the Cards for Anquan Boldin.
    Chad will be a good move

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But even coming off his third surgery to his throwing shoulder Pennington could provide the Dolphins a veteran backup and mentor to Henne.

What is this crazy talk! I've heard a lot of experts on this board claim Chad doesn't offer anything in that capacity.
    Last edited by Pac2566; 03-04-2010 at 07:52 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    But even coming off his third surgery to his throwing shoulder Pennington could provide the Dolphins a veteran backup and mentor to Henne.

What is this crazy talk! I've heard from a lot of experts on this board Chad doesn't offer anything in that capacity.

The same ones that booed him when he got hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Henne/Pennington will be the Top QB duo in the NFL!
    Maybe Chaddy feels that he shouldn't lose his job because of a injury and wants Henne back on the bench..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe Chaddy feels that he shouldn't lose his job because of a injury and wants Henne back on the bench..
    Of the 14 teams I felt he would sign with (Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Minnesota -Favre, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco) there is, of course, no guarantee he would start. Miami gave him his shot after the Jets release; he's comfortable there and can eventually become a coach in Miami. Backing up Chad Henne may be the direction his career has taken. He'll be one of the Top backups in the NFL, and you know he'll be ready if called upon...maybe he'll be the next Earl Morrall, winning a ring in Miami.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of the 14 teams I felt he would sign with (Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Minnesota -Favre, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco) there is, of course, no guarantee he would start. Miami gave him his shot after the Jets release; he's comfortable there and can eventually become a coach in Miami. Backing up Chad Henne may be the direction his career has taken. He'll be one of the Top backups in the NFL, and you know he'll be ready if called upon...maybe he'll be the next Earl Morrall, winning a ring in Miami.
    Penny can teach Henne the kangaroo hop.

No football in 2003 2005 2007 2009......hop hop hop

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Give him time. He'll say it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington is a natural leader and beloved in the clubhouse, per Ronnie Brown. This move will be very popular with his Dolphins teammates and helps keeps Miami as a legitimate contender next season...

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...le+Feedfetcher

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Thank God
    My thoughts, exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Thank God
    AMEN!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Sir Chadwick will be the top backup QB in the Arena League.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    AMEN!
    Be excited if you wish, but this move could haunt the Jets for 30 or more years....it virtually guarantees Pennington will be a coach in Miami, and anybody who thinks he won't be an excellent leader is sadly mistaken. The next Don Shula will be wearing #10 in Miami for 3 or 4 more years (SB ring included), then his NFL Hall of Fame coaching career begins!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's puzzling that any team would offer him a contract. These aren't small paychecks either. How many times can a QB wreck his shoulder before teams realize that he shouldn't be playing football anymore?

The last hit his shoulder took wasn't much at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be excited if you wish, but this move could haunt the Jets for 30 or more years....it virtually guarantees Pennington will be a coach in Miami, and anybody who thinks he won't be an excellent leader is sadly mistaken. The next Don Shula will be wearing #10 in Miami for 3 or 4 more years (SB ring included), then his NFL Hall of Fame coaching career begins!
    So he can teach losing to the fins?????