Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 120

Thread: Pennington re-signs with Dolphins

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    1,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pennington re-signs with Dolphins

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/


    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...ins/#more-8770


    No news here really. Just wanted to try to put an end to the talks of Pennington playing here.

    On that note... anyone in the rumor mill worth the Jets taking a look at? I welcome any opinions.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,843
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love that Chad will remain a Phin.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Henne/Pennington will be the Top QB duo in the NFL!

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what we do with Tyler Thigpen now. I like his moxie. I think he could be a good starter in the right situation. I wouldn't mind trading him and a pick to the Cards for Anquan Boldin.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    I wonder what we do with Tyler Thigpen now. I like his moxie. I think he could be a good starter in the right situation. I wouldn't mind trading him and a pick to the Cards for Anquan Boldin.
    Chad will be a good move

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    But even coming off his third surgery to his throwing shoulder Pennington could provide the Dolphins a veteran backup and mentor to Henne.

    *******

    What is this crazy talk! I've heard a lot of experts on this board claim Chad doesn't offer anything in that capacity.
    Last edited by Pac2566; 03-04-2010 at 07:52 PM.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    But even coming off his third surgery to his throwing shoulder Pennington could provide the Dolphins a veteran backup and mentor to Henne.

    *******

    What is this crazy talk! I've heard from a lot of experts on this board Chad doesn't offer anything in that capacity.

    The same ones that booed him when he got hurt.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Henne/Pennington will be the Top QB duo in the NFL!
    Maybe Chaddy feels that he shouldn't lose his job because of a injury and wants Henne back on the bench..

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe Chaddy feels that he shouldn't lose his job because of a injury and wants Henne back on the bench..
    Of the 14 teams I felt he would sign with (Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Minnesota -Favre, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco) there is, of course, no guarantee he would start. Miami gave him his shot after the Jets release; he's comfortable there and can eventually become a coach in Miami. Backing up Chad Henne may be the direction his career has taken. He'll be one of the Top backups in the NFL, and you know he'll be ready if called upon...maybe he'll be the next Earl Morrall, winning a ring in Miami.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Of the 14 teams I felt he would sign with (Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Minnesota -Favre, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco) there is, of course, no guarantee he would start. Miami gave him his shot after the Jets release; he's comfortable there and can eventually become a coach in Miami. Backing up Chad Henne may be the direction his career has taken. He'll be one of the Top backups in the NFL, and you know he'll be ready if called upon...maybe he'll be the next Earl Morrall, winning a ring in Miami.
    Penny can teach Henne the kangaroo hop.

    No football in 2003 2005 2007 2009......hop hop hop

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe Chaddy feels that he shouldn't lose his job because of a injury and wants Henne back on the bench..
    Give him time. He'll say it.

    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Of the 14 teams I felt he would sign with (Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Minnesota -Favre, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco) there is, of course, no guarantee he would start. Miami gave him his shot after the Jets release; he's comfortable there and can eventually become a coach in Miami. Backing up Chad Henne may be the direction his career has taken. He'll be one of the Top backups in the NFL, and you know he'll be ready if called upon...maybe he'll be the next Earl Morrall, winning a ring in Miami.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington is a natural leader and beloved in the clubhouse, per Ronnie Brown. This move will be very popular with his Dolphins teammates and helps keeps Miami as a legitimate contender next season...

    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...le+Feedfetcher

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Thank God
    My thoughts, exactly.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,644
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Thank God
    AMEN!

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,644
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Of the 14 teams I felt he would sign with (Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Minnesota -Favre, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco) there is, of course, no guarantee he would start. Miami gave him his shot after the Jets release; he's comfortable there and can eventually become a coach in Miami. Backing up Chad Henne may be the direction his career has taken. He'll be one of the Top backups in the NFL, and you know he'll be ready if called upon...maybe he'll be the next Earl Morrall, winning a ring in Miami.

    Sir Chadwick will be the top backup QB in the Arena League.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    AMEN!
    Be excited if you wish, but this move could haunt the Jets for 30 or more years....it virtually guarantees Pennington will be a coach in Miami, and anybody who thinks he won't be an excellent leader is sadly mistaken. The next Don Shula will be wearing #10 in Miami for 3 or 4 more years (SB ring included), then his NFL Hall of Fame coaching career begins!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's puzzling that any team would offer him a contract. These aren't small paychecks either. How many times can a QB wreck his shoulder before teams realize that he shouldn't be playing football anymore?

    The last hit his shoulder took wasn't much at all.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Be excited if you wish, but this move could haunt the Jets for 30 or more years....it virtually guarantees Pennington will be a coach in Miami, and anybody who thinks he won't be an excellent leader is sadly mistaken. The next Don Shula will be wearing #10 in Miami for 3 or 4 more years (SB ring included), then his NFL Hall of Fame coaching career begins!
    So he can teach losing to the fins?????

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us