Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie addresses baby-gate

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cromartie addresses baby-gate

[quote]On this special edition of "Maury," we bring you the story of Antonio Cromartie ...

"Antonio? You are the father!"

Times seven.

But he insists he's OK with that.

The New York Jets cornerback has had his problems with paternity lawsuits. He has seven children in five states and isn't involved in a relationship with any of the their mothers. He'll turn 26 next month.

But on his introductory conference call with Jets reporters Friday, Cromartie didn't scurry off to the green room to avoid the spotlight like a guest on Maury Povich's show.

Cromartie, as they say, manned up.

"The things I need to get tied up and taken care of before I start the offseason workout program are my child support issues," Cromartie said. "Those things are being taken care of as we speak, and they're being handled in the right way. That is the responsibility I have to take. Those are my kids, and I'm going to be the best father to them I can be. That's my responsibility off the field.

"I made some wrong decisions my first two years in the NFL. Now I have to take on that responsibility of being a father to my kids."

Given Cromartie's obligations and the fact he's entering the final year of his contract, this will be a big year for him. He declared his family matters won't be a distraction.

"It won't impact my focus on the field," Cromartie said. "I can separate my personal life and off-the-field issues from football. I'm going to have a clear head this season and just go out and play football the way I'm capable of playing.

"If I'm not playing the way I'm supposed to be playing, then I can't provide for them the way I'm supposed to."

Cromartie was impressive throughout the conference call and didn't bristle at repeated questions about his personal life.

He admitted "it's hard" to connect with his children as much as he'd like, but he gets to see them through personal visits or Web cameras. He revealed he's not involved in a relationship with any of his children's mothers, but claimed they're all on good terms and "do what's best for the kids."

"They are my responsibility," he said. "I put myself in this position. My biggest thing is to take on my responsibility regardless of what happens in my football career.

"My career is but so long, and my kids are always going to be there for me. My biggest thing is to take on that responsibility and be there in their lives as much as I can, being there physically or financially and things like that."

Of course, what Cromartie offered Friday were mere words. He needs to back them up with actions -- and dollars.

But approaching his off-field issues in a head-on manner like he did with New York reporters helped Cromartie make a good first impression in my book.[/quote]

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11209/cromartie-tackles-off-field-questions[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's going to be such a beast across from Revis Island, can't escape from Al[B]cro[B][B][B]traz[/B][/B]:yes:[/B][/B]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Drama;3516028]He's going to be such a beast across from Revis Island, can't escape from Al[B]cro[B][B][B]traz[/B][/B]:yes:[/B][/B][/QUOTE]

:yes:

If only he could escape Childsupportcatraz

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    what the hell is up with all these athletes???? havent they heard of condoms... i am sure you make more than enough to buy a few oh 20 boxes full.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3516043]what the hell is up with all these athletes???? havent they heard of condoms... i am sure you make more than enough to buy a few oh 20 boxes full.....[/QUOTE]

Condoms suck?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3516046]Condoms suck?[/QUOTE]
    no most women do that ;):D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3516043]what the hell is up with all these athletes???? havent they heard of condoms... i am sure you make more than enough to buy a few oh 20 boxes full.....[/QUOTE]

At least Cromartie asked 1st.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3516051]At least Cromartie asked 1st.[/QUOTE]
    touche.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3516051]At least Cromartie asked 1st.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3516049]no most women do that ;):D[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3516063]Ahhhh :yes:[/QUOTE]
    hello there dimitri. did you just get done?? you are saying ahhhhh :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who really cares what the hell Cromartie or any other athlete for that matter does off the field? What? He's a "Role Model"? Thats just a sorry ass excuse for parents who don't know how to step up to the plate... Blame everyone else, including the athletes, because they weren't a freaking "Role Model".

The same type of crap was said about Percy Harvin during the offseason, If the Jets never traded up, Harvin was the Offensive Playmaker that I was looking for as a Jets fan, I made thread after thread about Percy Harvin and you know what? The same things that are being said about Harvin, are now being said about Cromartie; But you know what? Percy Harvin still earned the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year Award, and thats because the man is one hell of an athlete.

As a Jets fan, I could really care less about what the hell Cromartie does off the field, as long as he's not getting arrested and hurting the team @ the same time. It takes two to tango, just remember that.

Give me Percy Harvin as our slot WR... I'll take him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Defense. How are you saying that off the field probs doesn't affect the player on the field. Especially when it has to do with Cro. His outside probs affected him this past season.
    Oh wait till the baby's momma's are calling with suit after suit, and he's caught driving with a suspended license, or for club fights. Yeah in New York. He's going to be a good boy. :rolleyes:

Sorry Jets fans, no give backs. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=guerro619;3516093]Yeah in New York. He's going to be a good boy. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually you'd be surprised. People who aren't from New York or aren't involved in the nightlife scene here think that NYC magnifies celebrities' personality problems. The truth is that once many of these egos get out of their podunk 'gee golly' small town, whether it's San Diego or anywhere else, they realize that they are now in NYC just a small fish in a bigger pond, and they begin to act as such.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;3516102]Actually you'd be surprised. People who aren't from New York or aren't involved in the nightlife scene here think that NYC magnifies celebrities' personality problems. The truth is that once many of these egos get out of their podunk 'gee golly' small town, whether it's San Diego or anywhere else, they realize that they are now in NYC just a small fish in a bigger pond, and they begin to act as such.[/QUOTE]

Not for Cro. His ego, fits perfectly for NY. Have you guys seen his tweets. ;) and he's graduating. :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3516089]Who really cares what the hell Cromartie or any other athlete for that matter does off the field? What? He's a "Role Model"? Thats just a sorry ass excuse for parents who don't know how to step up to the plate... Blame everyone else, including the athletes, because they weren't a freaking "Role Model".

The same type of crap was said about Percy Harvin during the offseason, If the Jets never traded up, Harvin was the Offensive Playmaker that I was looking for as a Jets fan, I made thread after thread about Percy Harvin and you know what? The same things that are being said about Harvin, are now being said about Cromartie; But you know what? Percy Harvin still earned the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year Award, and thats because the man is one hell of an athlete.

As a Jets fan, I could really care less about what the hell Cromartie does off the field, as long as he's not getting arrested and hurting the team @ the same time. It takes two to tango, just remember that.

Give me Percy Harvin as our slot WR... I'll take him.[/QUOTE]

I'm not asking for him to be a role model for "my" kids, just worry about being a role model to "his" kids...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=guerro619;3516093]Hey Defense. How are you saying that off the field probs doesn't affect the player on the field. Especially when it has to do with Cro. His outside probs affected him this past season.
    Oh wait till the baby's momma's are calling with suit after suit, and he's caught driving with a suspended license, or for club fights. Yeah in New York. He's going to be a good boy. :rolleyes:

Sorry Jets fans, no give backs. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cro's a scumbag who likes to hit it but not hit. I do think all of this effected his play and the nightlife in NYC may too. But that's why we only traded a conditional 3rd rounder in next years draft. It's a very low risk trade for a guy who has top shelf ability. He just has to be the #2 cb on the #1 defense in the NFL. It's a low risk high rewArd situation for the Jets. Plus he's playing for a contract this year and the team still has his rights next off season. There's really not that much to give back even if it doesn't work out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Some forget to put on condoms, others forget to actually get the ok to have sex.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=guerro619;3516093]Hey Defense. How are you saying that off the field probs doesn't affect the player on the field. Especially when it has to do with Cro. His outside probs affected him this past season.

Sorry Jets fans, no give backs. ;)[/QUOTE]

No give backs? What would you do?

Afterall, trading away Cro caused you to:

1 get your diaper twisted
    2 sent you to the internet
    3 Google the " NYJets",
    4 find the most active Jet message board
    5 register a new account
    6 spam away with posts explaining to all how you're glad he's out of SD.

Sure, it's because you DIDN'T want him and are elated that he's a Jet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    His personal issues can absolutely affect him on the field...but in either a positive or negative way.

Negatively its got to be a very trying situation to have this going on....

However, if he owes each kid $10K a month in child support, thats 70K a month. He needs to be making 200K a month to be doing well for the kids and for himself....so his next contract needs to be over 2.4 million a year, so I have a feeling if he isnt completely retarded (which is possible since he has 7 illegitimate kids) he is going to play his ass off to get a long term deal so he can make some money for himself.

Rex should take him on a road trip to see Travis Henry in jail to scare this kid straight. He has amazing talent and is 6'2 which is the perfect complement to Revis....hopefully he gets his act together and helps out our team.