Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets Mock 3/whatever

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Mock 3/whatever

FA:

Marlin Jackson
    Anthony Montgomery (2010 5th)
    Naufahu Tahi
    Laverneus Coles
    Ladell Betts

This is why FA isn't a worry...it's not just about big name UFAs. All of those are actually possible...

Draft:

1: Brandon Graham - Falls because he's not going over the bigger, faster guys like Griffen, Morgan, Kindle, Pierre-Paul, and possibly Ricky Sapp. 29 isn't really falling, since he's closer to a guy who "should" be drafted in the 2nd, but he's got such an excellent resume. Better player in a 3-4 than Jerry Hughes, who IMO is more of a 4-3 DE candidate with 3-4 size right now because he's young and not in the NFL yet.

2: Rob Gronkowski - Jets get an all around, true TE. Probably sneaks into the first on draft day...could be the first drafted TE.

6: Blair White - Good developmental WR.

7: Will Barker - Virgina T because Virginia OL have done pretty well in this league lately.

UDFA: Keiland Williams/Deji Karim, Ekom Udofia, Sam Maxwell, Marshay Green
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3516137]FA:

Marlin Jackson
    Naufahu Tahi
    Laverneus Coles
    Ladell Betts

This is why FA isn't a worry...it's not just about big name UFAs. All of those are actually possible...

Draft:

1: Brandon Graham - Falls because he's not going over the bigger, faster guys like Griffen, Morgan, Kindle, Pierre-Paul, and possibly Ricky Sapp. 29 isn't really falling, since he's closer to a guy who "should" be drafted in the 2nd, but he's got such an excellent resume. Better player in a 3-4 than Jerry Hughes, who IMO is more of a 4-3 DE candidate with 3-4 size right now because he's young and not in the NFL yet.

2: Rob Gronkowski - Jets get an all around, true TE. Probably sneaks into the first on draft day...could be the first drafted TE.

7: Will Barker - Virgina T because Virginia OL have done pretty well in this league lately.

UDFA: Keiland Williams/Deji Karim, Ekom Udofia, Sam Maxwell, Marshay Green[/QUOTE]

Pathetic mock, I'm not surprised in the least that it has been uniformly ignored by every member of the JI community. Good day.

Just screwing around, not bad at all.
    Last edited by operaguy; 03-07-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3516137]FA:

Marlin Jackson
    Naufahu Tahi
    Laverneus Coles
    Ladell Betts

Draft:

UDFA: Keiland Williams/Deji Karim, Ekom Udofia, Sam Maxwell, Marshay Green[/QUOTE]

where are the 4th and 5th rounders? damn glad you aren't the Jets GM..lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3517782]where are the 4th and 5th rounders? damn glad you aren't the Jets GM..lol[/QUOTE]

5th to Redskins and the 4th didn't exist yet. Read.

Anyway...redo with the Rhodes pick included:

Same FAs...including the 5th to the 'Skins.

1: Damian Williams - Jets grab themselves the 2nd or 3rd best WR in the draft. Great value.

2: Nate Allen - Rangy FS to replace Rhodes. I'd take him or Morgan Burnett...

4: Brandon Deaderick - Grab a solid DL to help out the rotation. Jenkins/Ellis/Montgomery/DeVito/Pouha/Deaderick sounds like a strong rotation to me.

6: Colin Peek - Jets grab a very solid, well rounded TE prospect.

7: Rashawn Jackson - Tony Richardson replacement.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517912]5th to Redskins and the 4th didn't exist yet. Read.

Anyway...redo with the Rhodes pick included:

Same FAs...including the 5th to the 'Skins.

1: Damian Williams - Jets grab themselves the 2nd or 3rd best WR in the draft. Great value.

2: Nate Allen - Rangy FS to replace Rhodes. I'd take him or Morgan Burnett...

4: Brandon Deaderick - Grab a solid DL to help out the rotation. Jenkins/Ellis/Montgomery/DeVito/Pouha/Deaderick sounds like a strong rotation to me.

6: Colin Peek - Jets grab a very solid, well rounded TE prospect.

7: Rashawn Jackson - Tony Richardson replacement.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer DL in the first round but couldn't complain if we got Nate Allen and Damien Williams. I can't believe we'll wait on Allen though, if we target him I bet you we trade up a few picks to ensure we get him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517912]5th to Redskins and the 4th didn't exist yet. Read.

[/QUOTE]

My bad...Sorry, Tanny. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have the Eagles 5th (I guess it's originally from New Orleans), part of the Lito Shepherd trade.

[url]http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2010.php[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Brandon Graham (Michigan)
    2) Reshad Jones (Georgia)
    4) Clifton Geathers (South Carolina)
    5) Colin Peek (Alabama)
    6) Chris Scott (Tennessee)
    7) John Conner (Kentucky)

Man, pretty SEC based but why not... love your free agent additions...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol i love how you guys make Tahi seem like this great player.. when on the minnesota forums they think he is average at best.

[QUOTE]i hope that Tahi goes. he doesnt bring too much to this team. better off without him[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]Tahi is not that great.[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=63&f=1554&t=5695168&p=2[/url]
    Last edited by Scoop24; 03-08-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hydro22;3518472]lol i love how you guys make Tahi seem like this great player.. when on the minnesota forums they think he is average at best.

[url]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=63&f=1554&t=5695168&p=2[/url][/QUOTE]

Think about it this way....all teams' fans are, at all times, complaining about some aspect of one player or another. The "one man's trash is another man's treasure" phrase rings very true in the NFL.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-08-2010 at 11:50 AM.