Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jets have no interest in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall

The Jets have no interest in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall

The Jets have no interest in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall.
    [COLOR=black]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/03/05/2010-03-05_new_york_jets_cornerback_antonio_cromartie_handling_25000_in_child_support_the_r.html#ixzz0hPLDODaM[/URL][/COLOR]

Now with Chad resigning with Miami and this we can end all the Brandon Marshall and Chad to the Jets threads.

Thankfully!!

Veteran
    Its probably best they dont go after him. Braylon Edwards will be here for an entire offseason and regular season and will be the #1 guy. Maybe they'll draft Shipley in the second round?

I'd love to have Marshall, his maniac style is perfect for the Jets. But Braylon has great potential too, if his dropchosis is curable.

Can't have perfectly thrown balls hitting his facemask, or slipping thru his hands anymore. It's unacceptable, and unfair to Sanchez and the team. Those big plays are too important. He's paid a hefty sum to catch the damn ball. Can't let the team down like that.

Not that I think that they will go after Marshal but it's hard to take that seriously when he said not too long ago he had "two sources" saying the Jets aren't interested in Cromartie.

So with that said....keep the threads coming!

Adding Marshall is too much. The Jets don't need a #1 wideout, we need a #3 type guy through the draft or free agency. Having Jericho Cotchery as a #3 would be amazing though, he'd probably be the best #3 in football.

"Jets have no interest in Brandon Marshall"

Because CIMINI says so?
    And because he has been correct on so many previous statements?

LOL.

He also said the Jets werent going after Cromartie!!!!
    Please address that comment here since he is your "source" for this thread...
    Last edited by Baddniss; 03-06-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Marshall's a turd. His talent doesn't outweigh that, or at least it won't for Tannenbaum and Woody.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3516362]Marshall's a turd..[/QUOTE]

A turd who is TWICE the ball-player that Braylon Edwards is...

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3516362][b]Marshall's a turd. His talent doesn't outweigh that,[/b] or at least it won't for Tannenbaum and Woody.[/QUOTE]

I think it does, he's just immature.

Everyone's a product of their environment.

It's not like Moss didn't change his ways in NE.

Or Terrell Owens didn't ... well, nevermind.

Buffalo is just plain lame.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3516365]A turd who is TWICE the ball-player that Braylon Edwards is...[/QUOTE]

He's better without a doubt. But that baggage is crazy, there's a huge section on [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Personal"]his wikipedia page[/URL] detailing all his legal troubles.

Twice the ballplayer as Edwards? I don't buy it. He's a douche who's had the ball thrown to him alot and he's huge. Those kind of guys tend to get yards and catches.

He'd probably whine if he came here and didn't get 100 catches (not passes thrown at him, since he'll also have drops).

Marshall's so ridiculously overrated here...Grass is always greener philosophy, I'm guessing? It's not even that he's not a good player, it's that his total package doesn't make him better than his numbers, and we all know stats mean very little in the NFL without context.

I'm glad they're making a half assed attempt to dispel this Marshall crap...

The sooner Marshall signs with another team the better, so people would shut up with getting him. We aren't getting him.... Thats ok because we don't need him.

While it's intriguing about the thought of a WR corps with Edwards, Marshall, and Cotchery, I really don't think it's a good fit.

I think the Jets need more speed at the slot, more quckness.

The guy I'm salivating over who would be an amazing slot WR in his rookie year would be Golden Tate, I think he's gonna be a stud eventually, a Steve Smith type player, but a line-up with Edwards, Cotchery, and Tate in 3 WR sets?

McCluster and Shipley are other players who are intriguing.

Maybe the Jets do go after Williams from USC in the first, though, my bet is Tate if he's there, and defense if he isn't.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3516327]Adding Marshall is too much. The Jets don't need a #1 wideout, we need a #3 type guy through the draft or free agency. Having Jericho Cotchery as a #3 would be amazing though, he'd probably be the best #3 in football.[/QUOTE]

Cotchery as WR #3. No problem. He'll be sitting out 65% of the plays. And the runing offense wil be how much better?

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3516388]The sooner Marshall signs with another team the better, so people would shut up with getting him. We aren't getting him.... Thats ok because we don't need him.[/QUOTE]

+1

Going after Marshall would be an ignorant waste of resources. We'll get a decent receiver in the draft - it won't be Tate, he'll be gone by then.

[QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3516489]Going after Marshall would be an ignorant waste of resources. We'll get a decent receiver in the draft - it won't be Tate, he'll be gone by then.[/QUOTE]

You guys are fooling yourselves. We are not going WR in rd #1.That would be really be ignorant. Tanny is way too smart to do something like that. Start reading up on the best DL in the draft...

You guys must be baked. Do any of you actually watch Marshall? The guy is a beast He can change the outcome of a game all by himself. Trade for him, pay him, get him in jet green whatever it takes. He makes edwards look a wr from pop warner with all his drops.

All Pro
    Georgia jet fan...first off welcome! Secondly, where in GA are you?

I agree with you totally and don't wanna hear the "Madden" mentality crap...Marshall is a flat out beast and we should try and get him in green. Not saying break the bank, but dude is a phenom, plain and simple. Rex won't take his crap (we saw what he did to Kerry the malcontent), I have faith in that.

AND, I don't believe a word of this "we have no interest" crap...everything said during this tme of the year is smokescreen until a move is made. :yes:

[QUOTE=Georgia jet fan;3516653]You guys must be baked. Do any of you actually watch Marshall? The guy is a beast He can change the outcome of a game all by himself. Trade for him, pay him, get him in jet green whatever it takes. He makes edwards look a wr from pop warner with all his drops.[/QUOTE]

Of course, you are 100% correct here.
    But save your breath. Most of these posters wouldnt recognize real NFL talent if it pissed on their shoes...