Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wes Welker's status in 2010?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Wes Welker's status in 2010?

Anybody know what his status is? I read one report (dated from January) that he might miss the entire 2010 season and another that he might miss the first 6 weeks of the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will probably miss the first 6 weeks totally as he most likely will be put on PUP to start the year, I would not expect to see him on the field for at least 6 weeks after that. The pats are probably hoping to have in in December for the final 4 games and the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    status = gimp

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was a Jets board? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had major knee surgery just after the SB, I believe. I doubt he is ready to play next year. It is typically a year rehab before you reach the level of fitness you need to play at the NFL level. Then the first year back, especially for a WR, is not typically as good as you where before the injury.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The truth..... It's to early to know. History shows that since BB has been coach, nothing is leaked to the media. Think of all the miss information last year regarding Brady.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TKasper01;3516258]He had major knee surgery just after the SB, I believe. I doubt he is ready to play next year. It is typically a year rehab before you reach the level of fitness you need to play at the NFL level. Then the first year back, especially for a WR, is not typically as good as you where before the injury.[/QUOTE]

agreed, That is why I don't think he will see the field until December, **** maybe they just activate him for the playoffs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mcsully;3516260]The truth..... It's to early to know. History shows that since BB has been coach, nothing is leaked to the media. Think of all the miss information last year regarding Brady.[/QUOTE]

miss information? you mean information on miss Brady?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;3516253]He will probably miss the first 6 weeks totally as he most likely will be put on PUP to start the year, I would not expect to see him on the field for at least 6 weeks after that. The pats are probably hoping to have in in December for the final 4 games and the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

playoffs?!? LOL good luck with that one

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;3516261]agreed, That is why I don't think he will see the field until December, **** maybe they just activate him for the playoffs[/QUOTE]

Why would they activate him after their last game? That doesn't seem fair :confused:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mcsully;3516260]The truth..... It's to early to know. History shows that since BB has been coach, nothing is leaked to the media. Think of all the miss information last year regarding Brady.[/QUOTE]

Misinformation?

You mean like the Pasts fans who thought he was going to be an all-time great again?

Boy, were you badly mistaken :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welker,Brady,Wilfork,Patriots,Patriots,Patriots.

Not sure how much "Jet talk" is going on on Pats sites:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3516256]I thought this was a Jets board? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You get banned on Pats forums unless you bootlick the pats, unlike freedom here where we take the unwashed rejects from other fan forums the comrades over there ban all who do not tow party line.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3516306]Welker,Brady,Wilfork,Patriots,Patriots,Patriots.

Not sure how much "Jet talk" is going on on Pats sites:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised.

I was there yesterday.

Lots of doom & gloom :yes:

There's even a thread titled.

"I wish the Pats FO were more like the Jets FO" :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3516306]Welker,Brady,Wilfork,Patriots,Patriots,Patriots.

Not sure how much "Jet talk" is going on on Pats sites:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

God forbid we talk about relevant news and signings.

Shouldn't you be off sniffing your momma's panties. :)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if Welker is back by week 1 there's no way he'll be the player he was the last 3 years. He can't run those same flat and cross routes as effectively with one of his knees unstable.

Edelman will fill that role and be effective but he won't go nuts like Welker did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;3516261]agreed, That is why I don't think he will see the field until December, **** maybe they just activate him for the playoffs[/QUOTE]

No playoffs for PATST* in 2010

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;3516253]He will probably miss the first 6 weeks totally as he most likely will be put on PUP to start the year, I would not expect to see him on the field for at least 6 weeks after that. The pats are probably hoping to have in in December for the final 4 games and the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Playoffs! Don't talk about playoffs. You guys will be lucky if you go 8-8

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do Pats fans even post here?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3516309]You get banned on Pats forums unless you bootlick the pats, unlike freedom here where we take the unwashed rejects from other fan forums the comrades over there ban all who do not tow party line.[/QUOTE]

It's true. In November 2008 I tried to register on PatsFans.com under some pro Jet name and I was restricted from the main forums.