Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wes Welker's status in 2010?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3516419]Why do Pats fans even post here?[/QUOTE]

Can you say "DOUCHE BAGS"

that's why they post here........... they are.. go ahead say it.

Most articles I've read suggest sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving, or in other words, he'll definately miss at leas the first 6 weeks, but it's believed that he'll be back at some point.

Now, many people are quick to point out that you don't usually regain the explosiveness until Year 2. So even if he does come back at some point next season, chances are he won't be the same player, at least not initially.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3516314]You'd be surprised.

I was there yesterday.

Lots of doom & gloom :yes:

[B]There's even a thread titled.

"I wish the Pats FO were more like the Jets FO"[/B] :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the guy who posted that thread was killed by many with "Why would you want your team to emulate another team who has been the definition of futility for the last 40 years.:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3516475]Yes, and the guy who posted that thread was killed by many with "Why would you want your team to emulate another team who has been the definition of futility for the last 40 years.:eek:[/QUOTE]

=======================================================

That is somewhat misleading, true those comments were made, but a good percentage of the board is quite disappointed that the Pats have done nothing and missed out on Bolden.

They even started the "Who is a real fan" thread to try and discourage the chicken littles.

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3516306]Welker,Brady,Wilfork,Patriots,Patriots,Patriots.

Not sure how much "Jet talk" is going on on Pats sites:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Since you never are on a Pats site, you can't be sure of anything going on there.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3516475]Yes, and the guy who posted that thread was killed by many with "Why would you want your team to emulate another team who has been the definition of futility for the last 40 years.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Your board has been in shambles pretty much since the Ravens debacle.

Basically started with Welker's injury though.

I find it hilarious that deep down most of you know you could be in the basement next season.

Especially if you're #2 target is Julian Edelmann.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3516487]Your board has been in shambles pretty much since the Ravens debacle.

I find it hilarious that deep down most of you know you could be in the basement next season.

Especially if you're #2 target is Julian Edelmann.[/QUOTE]

I hardly think Pats will be in basement with BB coaching and Brady and Moss on Offense. Edelman will be a good one if he can stay injury free. That slot position takes a beating. Brandon Tate gets his shot as a return man and #3 WR this year.

FA isn't over and having 4 draft picks of players that will grade out first round or close, there's alot that we don't know about the 2010 Patriots roster.

Look for 20 or so new faces. Brandon Tate and Tyrone McKenzie are basically rookies on the field but have had a year to digest the playbook and watch film.

Pats fans are happy about the Wilfork long term signing. Neal is solid when he's healthy and Banta-Cain also. Not everyone can be Pro Bowlers like that Jet team that finished behind the Patriots last year.

Yes they need help at certain positions. TE,CB,LB and WR need attention. Look for a FA signing at one or more of those spots.

Until the Jets actually take the AFC East, it is the Patriot's.

That's why they play the game

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3516484]This would be a huge blow for the Pats if Edelman wasn't so good, but I'm afraid he is

Don't be fooled by the name, I know he sounds like a dentist, but Edelbaum is a beast[/QUOTE]
    Dunno, but "beast" may be a stretch. He is as good as a replacement as one could hope for, however. To think BB converted him to a WR from a guy who was always a QB is proof that there still is a few tricks up ole Bill's sleeve.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3516487]Your board has been in shambles pretty much since the Ravens debacle.

Especially if you're #2 target is Julian Edelmann.[/QUOTE]

Shambles is an exaggeration but there certainly are fans who are concerned, as they should be, but that has little to do with the Jets' moves. The Pats are in a totally different situation with so many UFAs on the roster, that it's not reasonable to expect they can or will make a huge splash in free agency. That's never been the Pat's way anyway. The Wilfork signing, along with TBC and Neal, aren't sexy but they are huge for the team. They also want to re-sign Bodden and Green. After that, they still need a WR or two, a tight end, a pass rusher, and a running back at a minimum. So yeah, there's concern, but that board has never been the roller coaster that is JI. People ask why trolls come here, there's no other place where fans have such high highs and such low lows, often just weeks apart during the season. It's hugely entertaining.

Remember, Pats fans have been spoiled these last several years. Every season since 2001 we begin with the expectation of making the SB. We've had the great fortune of watching our team play in one 40% of the time the last decade, and make the playoffs far more often than not. So yeah, there is concern those days are gone. They probably are, but the Pats will not be a basement team next season as much as Jest fan's want to call them has-beens. Until the Jets prove they can actually win the division, they remain never-beens.
    Last edited by Vinny Patrollie; 03-06-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3516532]Dunno, but "beast" may be a stretch. He is as good as a replacement as one could hope for, however. To think BB converted him to a WR from a guy who was always a QB is proof that there still is a few tricks up ole Bill's sleeve.

Shambles is an exaggeration but there certainly are fans who are concerned, as they should be, but that has little to do with the Jets' moves. The Pats are in a totally different situation with so many UFAs on the roster, that it's not reasonable to expect they can or will make a huge slash in free agency. That's never been the Pat's way anyway. The Wilfork signing, along with TBC and Neal, aren't sexy but they are huge for the team. They also want to re-sign Bodden and Green. After that, they still need a WR or two, a tight end, a pass rusher, and a running back at a minimum. So yeah, there's concern, but that board has never been the roller coaster that is JI. People ask why trolls come here, there's no other place where fans have such high highs and such low lows, often just weeks apart during the season. It's hugely entertaining.

Remember, Pats fans have been spoiled these last several years. Every season since 2001 we begin with the expectation of making the SB. We've had the great fortune of watching our team play in one 40% of the time the last decade, and make the playoffs far more often than not. So yeah, there is concern those days are gone. They probably are, but the Pats will not be a basement team next season as much as Jest fan's want to call them has-beens. Until the Jets prove they can actually win the division, they remain never-beens.[/QUOTE]

+1 :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3516527][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"][B][U]I hardly think [/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]Pats will be in basement with BB coaching and Brady and Moss on Offense. Edelman will be a good one if he can stay injury free. That slot position takes a beating. Brandon Tate gets his shot as a return man and #3 WR this year.

FA isn't over and having 4 draft picks of players that will grade out first round or close, there's alot that we don't know about the 2010 Patriots roster.

Look for 20 or so new faces. Brandon Tate and Tyrone McKenzie are basically rookies on the field but have had a year to digest the playbook and watch film.

Pats fans are happy about the Wilfork long term signing. Neal is solid when he's healthy and Banta-Cain also. Not everyone can be Pro Bowlers like that Jet team that finished behind the Patriots last year.

Yes they need help at certain positions. TE,CB,LB and WR need attention. Look for a FA signing at one or more of those spots.

Until the Jets actually take the AFC East, it is the Patriot's.

That's why they play the game[/QUOTE]

pretty much sums you up, blue homer.... no get those hot sheets motel rooms cleaned up, old timer.... new customers checking in every 90 minutes

Banned
    Still don't have a clue what you are rambling on about??

Clue us all in on your delusions.

We need a chuckle

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3516561]Still don't have a clue what you are rambling on about??

Clue us all in on your delusions.

We need a chuckle[/QUOTE]

They do not teach english at the asylum:eek:

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3516484]This would be a huge blow for the Pats if Edelman wasn't so good, but I'm afraid he is

Don't be fooled by the name, I know he sounds like a dentist, but Edelbaum is a beast[/QUOTE]

Edelstein will only get better and better.