Thread: Quick Proposal

Jets Insider VIP

Quick Proposal

First of all, hats off to Tanny for bringing in a talented young corner for a bargain price.

Now, I have a proposal I've been thinking about and it makes a lot of sense.

The Rams gave Atogwe the lowest tender, which means the Jets can make him an offer and if St. Louis doesn't match, we don't have to give up any draft picks to obtain him.

The Cards were/are also interested in Rhodes and supposedly said they would be willing to give the Jets Boldin or a 3rd round pick for him. Well, Boldin has since been shipped off to Baltimore and the Cards received a few draft picks in return (3rd and 5th). So the Cards now have two 3rd round picks. It's not crazy to think they would be willing to deal one for KR so they can replace Rolle.

So basically, we get a potential upgrade at FS and a 3rd round pick.

+1. Thought of this as well. My guess is that the Rams will keep him though in the end.

The Rams have said they want to keep him, they're just going to match any proposal a team makes, especially since there seems to be some kind of gentlemans agreement not to use the Poison Pill anymore since the NFL *****ed about it after the Hutchinson fiasco.

Plus, theres a couple flaws in the plan.

If they match the offer, you will not have the player, but you will have a further disgrunted relationship between the team and Rhodes and things could turn quite nasty (Similar in ways to the Cutler situation last year after the Cassel trade fell through).

If they do not match the offer and he becomes a Jet, you also kill your leverage in terms of dealing Rhodes, since there's no way you can keep both. So you won't even get a 3rd rounder in return.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-06-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, Rhodes is a Cardinal now.

Tanny, get on the phone with Atogwe's agent, ASAP.

Well, now we pretty much have to make a run at him......since Sharper seems like a non-option thanks to Final 8 rules. But unless Tanny is planning on breaking the Gentlemans Agreement that seems to be going on in this league and use a Poison Pill. I'm hard pressed to see an offer that the Rams wouldn't match.