Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

I know 3/4 of this board is going to freak if we trade up for Mays, but I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it :yes:

[QUOTE=RexRutha;3516890]I know 3/4 of this board is going to freak if we trade up for Mays, but I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it :yes:[/QUOTE]

I would be one of those 3/4!

Practice Squad

See Ya Pretty Boy...and F U 2

Good thing this DUMBASS is gone!

Let E.Smith Dig for some respect!!!

Now we see some hitting!:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3516884]These types of posts are exactly what you'll see on a Pats board. "U don't know better than BB!!1!". Even the pro's make mistakes, and it doesn't make you less of a fan to disagree with a move.[/QUOTE]

Buzz you or I don't know the whole behind the scenes story Rex,Tanny and Rhodes do..I can't make a judgement not knowing any facts which I know doesn't stop the majority from having a opinion even a wrong one..:O

[QUOTE=Woody56;3516889]because they got no value for a former all pro safety, who's only 27 years old.[/QUOTE]

No value according to you? former all pro was 3 years ago...

Kris Jenkins was acquired for a 3rd and 5th..Jenkins was all-pro 3 times and went to the pro bowl 4 times when he was traded to the Jets...

I just don't agree with dumping a competent starter when you aren't going to be able to replace him. You guys need another CB, OLB, DE, and now a safety. You can generally get a starter in the first, second, maybe even the third round, but beyond that, it's tough. A fourth round pick probably won't contribute early. The Jets are capable of winning now. Dumping a player who can help now in order to get guys who won't be able to have an early impact doesn't make much sense to me.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3516799]Tackles made -

Rhodes - 63
    Leonhard - 76

Sure, Leonhard made a few more tackles, but not nearly enough to make up for missing 7 more tackles over the course of the year.

How about some more Missed Tackle numbers?

Ed Reed - 5
    Brandon Meriweather - 10
    Darren Sharper - 10
    Brian Dawkins - 12
    Antrel Rolle - 14

Are they all "Soft" as well?

It's funny, this "Soft" reputation has absolutely zero basis in reality, and is completely laughable, even at face value.[/QUOTE]

didnt leonhard have 58 pins in his thumb not to mention his hand in a cast for half the year?

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3516886]Its been reported that the Jets are looking to take care of those deals, along with Revis, Edwards etc.

Not wanting to pay a big bonus to a 2nd string RB and an underachiever at db who cost the jets a shot at the division hardly proves a thing.[/QUOTE]
    Ok so if I see new deals for Mangold, Ferguson and Revis I will say I'm wrong.

If we don't then we have be suspect what the Jets are doing with their payroll.

It's hard to say also that TJ was JUST a 2nd string RB. Led the league 2 years ago and was what 3rd last year in rushing? Players talk about how impt he was in the locker room. There is talk that his knee was bad by the end of the year and that limited his production. Time will tell whether releasing him was a mistake.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 03-06-2010 at 09:18 PM.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3516896]I just don't agree with dumping a competent starter when you aren't going to be able to replace him. You guys need another CB, OLB, DE, and now a safety. You can generally get a starter in the first, second, maybe even the third round, but beyond that, it's tough. A fourth round pick probably won't contribute early. The Jets are capable of winning now. Dumping a player who can help now in order to get guys who won't be able to have an early impact doesn't make much sense to me.[/QUOTE]

1) do the Jets play this week? Let's see how this plays out before saying you can't replace him.

2) most importantly, Rex feels he can be replaced.

All League
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3516850]You think wrong. Bonus not yet paid. Guess the theory still stands.[/QUOTE]

Reports are the Jets paid a $6 million dollar bonus as part of the deal, so if it was all about money that wouldn't make too much sense considering they also have to pay someone to replace him as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;3516885]+1

Trade makes no sense for what the Jets got.[/QUOTE]

EPIPHANY:

The Jets traded a 2011 3rd rounder (possibly 2nd rounder) for a 25 yr old CB who was a former All Pro.

The Jets got a 2010 4th rounder for a 27 yr old S that's never made the pro bowl.

Looking at it like that, that seems like proper value for the Jets.

good riddance!

Guess we're drafting a safety in round #1. This is the deepest crop of Safeties in years, and it won't take much to replace what Rhodes did last year... whole lotta nada

[QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3516877]GET OFF THE LEDGE!!! This is only one move and Tanny might have an Atogwe up his sleeve. And Rex mentioned that he made a promise to Kerry and that he would keep his word. His word was clearly that they would get him in a new uniform next year.

So CB is not a priority in the draft but Safety is. And Eric Smith was pretty good as Rhodes' replacement. And Safeties fall in the draft, it is inevitable. Maybe Taylor Mays falls to us or maybe we use this 4th rounder to move up and snatch him. Kid would be a killer back there.

I am not going to lose sleep over this. Maybe that is the best they could get for him. And they needed to do this before his bonus kicked in. Fair well to Rhodes. He will not be missed.[/QUOTE]

Well, the problem is this team is dealing in a situation where resources are limited thanks to Final 4 rules, and limited draft picks as well. If they have to draft Kerry's replacement in the 1st round, or even worse, using the 4th rounder (along with the 1st rounder) to trade up for Kerry's replacement. That's just an all around poor usage of assets. We then managed to turn a very good Safety into a need area that we had to spend a high draft pick (or multiple draft picks) to fill.

If they turn it into Atogwe, that's perhaps their only way to salvage this situation (And as I said in untouchables thread, I don't see any non-Poison Pill offer that the Rams won't match, and the league frowns upon the Poison Pill), but even then, it doesn't change the fact that we traded a very good safety for a 4th round pick (And yes, a 7th in 2011), when a player of that talent level is clearly worth more then that.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3516896]I just don't agree with dumping a competent starter when you aren't going to be able to replace him. You guys need another CB, OLB, DE, and now a safety. You can generally get a starter in the first, second, maybe even the third round, but beyond that, it's tough. A fourth round pick probably won't contribute early. The Jets are capable of winning now. Dumping a player who can help now in order to get guys who won't be able to have an early impact doesn't make much sense to me.[/QUOTE]

So then I'm sure you approve of the phins releasing 3 starters on defense and only signing back one.

Gibril Wilson was a competent starter, Miami missed out on Rolle, I guess that was a bad move?

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3516889]because they got no value for [B]a former all pro safety[/B], who's only 27 years old.[/QUOTE]

why should we get value for what he used to be?

All League
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3516895]No value according to you? former all pro was 3 years ago...

Kris Jenkins was acquired for a 3rd and 5th..Jenkins was all-pro 3 times and went to the pro bowl 4 times when he was traded to the Jets...[/QUOTE]

and the panthers made a huge mistake for letting jenkins go for so little. i remember when the jets first traded for jenkins and reading the panther boards and most the people saying that they got a good deal for jenkins because he was a overweight, injured prone player on the decline and they got a good deal for him. But when the season came around a jenks was dominating for us the opinions changed and they all say they got hosed and realized jenks was playing at first round value for us.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3516900]Reports are the Jets paid a $6 million dollar bonus as part of the deal, so if it was all about money that wouldn't make too much sense considering they also have to pay someone to replace him as well.[/QUOTE]
    Link?

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3516898]Ok so if I see new deals for Mangold, Ferguson and Revis I will say I'm wrong.

If we don't then we have be suspect what the Jets are doing with their payroll.[/QUOTE]

:huh: this wasn't done for payroll....It was done because Rex didn't want him or Rhodes didn't want to play how Rex wanted him to...

Rex said all this indirectly in his end of the season press conference.

When asked if he wanted the Jets' safety back next season, the coach suddenly got cryptic.

"This one I don't really want to talk about much, because there's an individual thing that Kerry and I have talked about," Ryan said. "I'd rather just keep it individual."

Ryan said the talk he had with Rhodes took place Monday and "eight weeks ago," which is about the time he benched the safety for his play in the Jets' 31-14 loss to the Patriots on Nov. 22.

"I'm just going to leave it as I had a conversation with Kerry and, you know, I am man enough to live out my end of the bargain, so to speak," Ryan said.
    [COLOR=black]
    Read more: [URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/01/26/2010-01-26_kerry_unsure_of_jet_future.html#ixzz0hRvgjx0c[/URL][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3516906]So then I'm sure you approve of the phins releasing 3 starters on defense and only signing back one.

Gibril Wilson was a competent starter, Miami missed out on Rolle, I guess that was a bad move?[/QUOTE]

My friend, Gibril Wilson was not a competent starter. I would've rather we just go out and play with 10 guys on defense than let that bum suit up for the Dolphins.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Woody56;3516869]he did and the stats back it up[/QUOTE]

That would be totally wrong.

Just as claiming that he's only 27 or that he's a former pro bowler.