Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's Lowery. He could transition to FS easily - has the speed for it AND can hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3516849]a pu$$y that can cover better than most safeties in the nfl[/QUOTE]

We need a safety to hit people not cover. We have other guys to do that. Crow made him expendable in coverage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3516937]Yes. The coach didn't want him or Rhodes didn't want to or couldn't play for the coach...It's not that difficult to grasp.[/QUOTE]
    I have news for you. There is no move made in the NFL that money is not a consideration.

Obviously if the coaches loved Rhodes it would have been easier to pay him but the fact that he was expensive keep made this deal happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tony Danza;3516852]Regarding the money due Rhodes...

[I]The Cardinals can thank the uncapped 2010 season for helping them land Kerry Rhodes by trade from the Jets.

Rhodes' contract is packed with prorated bonus charges that would have made trading or releasing him much harder for the Jets to justify in a salary-capped season.

The deal features base salaries of $2.78 million (2010), $2.525 million (2011), $3.5 million (2012) and $4.5 million (2013), plus a $2 million roster bonus due March 12. The Jets already paid a $6million signing bonus as part of the deal, so the Cardinals come out of this one pretty good financially.

Rhodes will come much cheaper than what the Cardinals offered safety Antrel Rolle before Rolle signed with the Giants instead. The Cardinals have been speaking with Rhodes' agent for some time; Todd France also represents recently departed linebacker Karlos Dansby.[/I][/QUOTE]

So it doesn't seem the Jets made this move strictly for $$$

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleedgreen;3516943]Who said the Jets are a "win-now" team? Not just you, but I'm sick of hearing this statement. I hear every year from the "experts" and fans alike. The Jets are obviously building something and their core is young. But, every year the Jets are "win-now." How many "win-now" seasons can a team have?[/QUOTE]

When you're the runner up in the AFC and have most of your starters returning, it goes without saying that you're a "win-now" team. The window of opportunity does not stay open for long in the NFL and Jets are clearly in that window right now. I don't use the term "win now" loosely and I would disagree with anyone who said the Jets were a win-now in previous seasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/DSC03637.jpg[/IMG]

I'm happy that Rhodes is gone, but he does make my Daily News litho a bit less enjoyable.

Oh well, a good trade-off in the end.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3516966]So it doesn't seem the Jets made this move strictly for $$$[/QUOTE]

So you're claiming they gave up $6 million and Rhodes for a 4th? Can't be. Think about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3516963]I have news for you. There is no move made in the NFL that money is not a consideration.

Obviously if the coaches loved Rhodes it would have been easier to pay him but the fact that he was expensive keep made this deal happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and you are the one that kept saying Woody was in financial difficulty last year....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;3516967]When you're the runner up in the AFC and have most of your starters returning, it goes without saying that you're a "win-now" team. The window of opportunity does not stay open for long in the NFL and Jets are clearly in that window right now. I don't use the term "win now" loosely and I would disagree with anyone who said the Jets were a win-now in previous seasons.[/QUOTE]

This decade would anyone call the Patriots, Steelers, or Colts "win-now" teams? The simple answer is no. The Jets are building an organization that can lose players, but still remain competitive year in and year out. As long as the core is solid, the fluff can change. Making them not a "win-now" team, but a "perennial." Which is what I personally prefer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TKasper01;3516962]We need a safety to hit people not cover. We have other guys to do that. Crow made him expendable in coverage.[/QUOTE]

Cromartie has been pretty bad these past two seasons. He had a game in 08 where the allowed 18 catches to Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he gets good under Rex, but if he is the Cromartie of 08 and 09 it was a bad trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3516979]Cromartie has been pretty bad these past two seasons. He had a game in 08 where the allowed 18 catches to Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he gets good under Rex, but if he is the Cromartie of 08 and 09 it was a bad trade.[/QUOTE]

Different schemes....SD went from man to man in 2007 to primarily zone coverage in '08 & '09...Cro will be back in man to man with Rex's system

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3516979]Cromartie has been pretty bad these past two seasons. He had a game in 08 where the allowed 18 catches to Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he gets good under Rex, but if he is the Cromartie of 08 and 09 it was a bad trade.[/QUOTE]

In 2008, Cromartie played with a broken hip all season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3516982]Different schemes....SD went from man to man in 2007 to primarily zone coverage in '08 & '09...Cro will be back in man to man with Rex's system[/QUOTE]

Yeah what he said. I think Crow will have a great year for us. Scheme change and contract year. We need a dump truck for a saftey not a ballarina.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. In Rex and Tanny I trust....till they **** it up. They didn't **** up in 2009, so they get to make whatever moves they want now. We will judge on the field in 2010, not now.

2. Rhodes has been very dissapointing ever since his breakout year. Adequate, but not much more than that. It is not a huge loss, and I have to assume Rex and Tanny have a plan for that spot, as this trade was not a "have to", but obviously a "want to" decision.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im no Cromartie hater, but i just saying don't overhype him as some shutdown type corner because he is not. He certainly has the tools to be great and now with the right coaching he can get there, but he is an average corner as of right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3516991]Im no Cromartie hater, but i just saying [B]don't overhype him[/B] as some shutdown type corner because he is not. [B] He certainly has the tools to be great[/B] and now with the right coaching he can get there, [B]but he is an average [/B]corner [B]as of right now[/B].[/QUOTE]

Sounds alittle like Rhodes....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL i guess Arizona doesn't get too much Jets games.

[QUOTE]With Rhodes and Wilson we now have two of the most hard-hitting safeties going around.

I love it![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I love this move, now our safeties wont get torched by big tight ends anymore. Rhodes is very physical and just played for the number 1 defense in the league.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Johnny Drama; 03-06-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3516633]+1
    If we were going to sign Rolle and get a 3rd for Kerry I would have been OK with it but at this point there are no safety's on the market that are better than Kerry and our draft position would dictate that the stud Safety's will all be gone when we pick.[/QUOTE]

The have 2 4rth rounders now which could possibly used to move up if they feel a saftey is there in round 1 or possible move up in round 2.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec318;3516996]The have 2 4rth rounders now which could possibly used to move up if they feel a saftey is there in round 1 or possible move up in round 2.[/QUOTE]

That is incorrect. We have a single 4th round pick, the one we just aquired from AZ. A list of all of our picks is available in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless Tanny has something big up his sleeve this trade is a bunch of ****.

:mad: