Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3517156]I didn't say anything regarding that....I was just asking what happened to the last 3 years and his "growing talent"[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought that was JetNut.

As for your comment, Rhodes reverted back to his form in 2006 in the latter half of 2007. The potential is there. Everyone on this board thought it was Mangini's system, that was so messed up. Yes, Rhodes hasn't been making his share of plays (like we thought he would), but he's still a premier cover safety. The Jets should not have traded him when his value was so low, unless they really wanted to get rid of that money (which doesn't make sense to me).

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3517159]Today, sorry, you're wrong.[/QUOTE]

So, you were joking right? My bad, I didn't catch it right away. :P

[QUOTE=tony montana;3517176]sounds like super mario lost his mushroom[/QUOTE]

LOL, you got some great lines.

[QUOTE=Super Mario;3517178]Sorry, I thought that was JetNut.

As for your comment, Rhodes reverted back to his form in 2006 in the latter half of 2007. The potential is there. Everyone on this board thought it was Mangini's system, that was so messed up. Yes, Rhodes hasn't been making his share of plays (like we thought he would), but he's still a premier cover safety. [B]The Jets should not have traded him when his value was so low, unless they really wanted to get rid of that money (which doesn't make sense to me)[/B].[/QUOTE]

or Rhodes didn't want to do what Rex asked of him and asked out or if Rex decided Rhodes didn't fit what he wants to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3517175]Hey, I'm trying and others were playing along.:D

Actually my point was going to be I don't remember if he ever was all pro, this got more play.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Good one, JN.

Rhodes was 2nd Team All Pro in 2006.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Super Mario;3517181]So, you were joking right? My bad, I didn't catch it right away. :P

LOL, you got some great lines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bad joke.

One thing, which all pro? Unfortunately its like boxing, there is the AP, which is the most prestigious, there's the Sporting News which is useless, there is Pro Football Weeklys All Pro team. I don't remember which, if any, named Rhodes one of the NFLs top 2 safeties.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3517187]Yeah, bad joke.

One thing, which all pro? Unfortunately its like boxing, there is the AP, which is the most prestigious, there's the Sporting News which is useless, there is Pro Football Weeklys All Pro team. I don't remember which, if any, named Rhodes one of the NFLs top 2 safeties.[/QUOTE]

AP 2nd team, 2006.

That was when Rhodes was good and cared more about football than late-night cable TV commercials.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3517183]or Rhodes didn't want to do what Rex asked of him and asked out or if Rex decided Rhodes didn't fit what he wants to do.[/QUOTE]

Both the above are guesses, but we will just have to wait and see.

It would be very strange if this was a spur of the moment move, and not as if Rex/Jets or Kerry decided it would be best to part ways.

But all in all, I think that Kerry wanted out and the Jets granted his wish, albeit at a low cost in return. But you gotta do what you gotta do, if that's the case.

One thing, which all pro? Unfortunately its like boxing, there is the AP, which is the most prestigious, there's the Sporting News which is useless, there is Pro Football Weeklys All Pro team. I don't remember which, if any, named Rhodes one of the NFLs top 2 safeties.[/QUOTE]

The Kerry Rhodes All Pro team....He's both safety spots :D

Hall Of Fame

It was the AP one, so it was legit. Now I know what you mean, the Sporting News is awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;3517192]The Kerry Rhodes All Pro team....He's both safety spots :D[/QUOTE]

Plays for both teams at the Hollywood Bowl?

Practice Squad
    I dont understand what you guys expected back for him. He has been underachieving the last few years, and other teams have seen him play.

Im happy we got what we did for him. Smith looked pretty good when he was in, and I would not rule out the Jets trading for a safety, or moving up in the draft.

Hey, Rhodes must be happy, he is much closer to Hollywood !

Good Riddance !

i'll be honest, that wasn't that bad of a joke. dude messed up and that was a nice way of saying it.

If we want to talk about bad jokes why not start with relating things to boxing in modern day society.

All League
    I like this move. Rhodes is a talented under achiever. For Tanny and Rex to get rid of him for a fourth rounder says allot about their opinion of him. I dont know why people are getting so upset about this. I think Tanny can find a jewel in the fourth round for allot less money. I am also sure that they will continue to hit the free agent market in whatever way they can. Give them a chance - they deserve it.

They'll play Lowery/Smith at FS, draft a DE in the 1st round. Corner in the second and WR in the fourth.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    In a way, I'm sorry to see him go, but then again, it took a benching to get him fired up last season. I think we'll be fine and we'll have someone who really wants to play, back there.

really, i just feel bad for kerry rhodes on this site...that kid knows how to post, but I don't see how he can stay a Jet fan after this.

also, our kerry rhodes would have been worth at least a 2nd.
    Last edited by tony montana; 03-06-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: had another thought

All League
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3517114][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Pro[/url]

[B]Getting voted on the all pro team is more meaningful than getting on the pro bowl team[/B]. And Kerry Rhodes was robbed of the pro bowl in 2006 and 2007 by John Lynch, and that was the opinion of pretty much everybody.[/QUOTE]

First off, Rhodes was never an ALL-PRO. He was 2ND TEAM all-pro in 2006 and nothing more. That's his ONLY merit earned in this league. -http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2724213

I am JUST reading this info and am in a bit of shock SOLEY due to the fact we now have a need for a starting safety - E. Smith is not the answer, Ihedigbo perhaps?

But if we were to rewind to late November NOT many would be surprised by the move. Is the compensation great? No, but what we gave up was not that great either. We got a pick in the same spot he was drafted, in the same round. We recouped what we gave up AND a 7th rounder. I'll take it. The guy was making Bob Sanders money ('05&'07 ALLPro, ProBowl,'07 DfnsvMVP, AND SUPER BOWL CHAMPION)

We can all agree that the talent was there but he really has never been more than an over-rated false prophet created by Jets fans. Always on the list of "break-out players" but nothing more than hype.

If we were able to find a STARTING FS in the 4th round before in what was an AWFUL draft year, I'm sure Rex, Tanny, and SuperTalentScouts Bradway& Joey "Clicks" can do so again in an even MORE talent-rich draft in 2010.

Believe in the coaching, not the player:cool:

I love this move!
    Rex' system is very dependent on a strong secondary...
    Rex is looking for his "Ed Reed" at that position.
    Rhodes was too soft and squishy... So Buh-bye!
    I firmly believe that a team needs to represent the philosophy of the HC in order for it to take the next step...
    I think it's great that Tanny doesn't stand pat and stirs the pot every off-season.
    I think he's going to get the chemistry right very soon...

1. Eric Smith blows...he cant cover anything
    2. Ihedidigbo blows..he is worse in coverage than E.Smith
    3. With Cromartie on board, maybe Lowery switches back to safety, which is what he played a lot in college.
    4. With this move, I no longer guarantee the we choose a DL in rd #1.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3517233]
    4. With this move, I no longer guarantee the we choose a DL in rd #1.[/QUOTE]

Earl Thomas?