Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3517233]1. Eric Smith blows...he cant cover anything
    2. Ihedidigbo blows..he is worse in coverage than E.Smith
    3. With Cromartie on board, maybe Lowery switches back to safety, which is what he played a lot in college.
    4. With this move, I no longer guarantee the we choose a DL in rd #1.[/QUOTE]

Lowery played a lot of corner in college. Not safety. And if they moved Rhodes, they want someone more physical there. Lowery doesn't fit that.

Smith played an awful lot this year... He's not Kerry in coverage, but they were clearly content playing Smith.

I don't think we take safety number 1 unless Taylor Mays falls. Mays fits Rex perfectly with the way he plays.

All League
    Lowery to safety makes A LOT more sense now and fits his lack of catch-up speed. He can hit and and is probably better sitting back than trying to keep pace w/fast WRs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3516690]The point is you don't sell a talented player for 30 cents on the dollar.

If that's all you can get, then F'N KEEP HIM![/QUOTE]

I don't see it that way at all. Why lock up a position for a few years with a part that really doesnt fit when you can do better? Not saying we will but Kerry is easily upgradable. He was a goner games ago and thats what I love about Rex.

We got what we got.. Tanny's made how many respectable moves? Jets will be better off after this trade. Why? Because they will! Wierd trade but it makes sense some how.

i don't get why so many good players are being traded for ****ty round draft picks. Boldin for a 4th, Cromartie for a 3rd, and rhodes for a 4th. i know Boldin has injury problems, rhodes has been slacking, and cromartie has tackling and child issues, but they are all good players that are worth much more than what they were dealt for. Unless the Jets are looking to trade up for Taylor Mays, then dealing rhodes for a 4th round pick is retarded.:mad:

maybe the jets are looking to get antonie bethea

Antoine Bethea - DB Mar. 5 - 4:36 pm et

In addition to the three NFC East teams mentioned previously, the Jets and Dolphins are reportedly showing interest in FS Antoine Bethea.
    So Bethea is very popular in the east. It's starting to sound like these rumors are being spread directly by Bethea's player reps. Teams are unlikely to surrender a first-round pick for the tendered restricted free agent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;3517265]i don't get why so many good players are being traded for ****ty round draft picks. Boldin for a 4th, Cromartie for a 3rd, and rhodes for a 4th. i know Boldin has injury problems, rhodes has been slacking, and cromartie has tackling and child issues, but they are all good players that are worth much more than what they were dealt for. Unless the Jets are looking to trade up for Taylor Mays, then dealing rhodes for a 4th round pick is retarded.:mad:[/QUOTE]

It's not retarted if Rhodes didn't want to be a Jet..Tampa gave up 2 first rd picks for KJ and booted his butt of the team some years later..
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-07-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We have to sign Revis, Mangold, Harris and Brick to monster deals. And after this season Braylon is going to be added to this list. Can't sign everyone right? Someone has to be expendable right? Kerry is a *****!! After next season he's worth a 5th.

Practice Squad
    Cardinals fans think they are getting a hard hitting FS:rolleyes: Still think Rhodes had a place on the team but maybe he just didnt want to play for the Jets anymore. The fact is he is one of the best coverage safeties out there and WILL be a huge loss to the Jets if they cant replace him.

This deal sucks f'n donkey balls.

Lowery to safety does make sense...

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3516677]Our #1 Seconday isn't the #1 secondary anymore... Not without Kerry Rhodes.

What a freaking mess this is right now... WR during round one? OLB during round one? Think again... Now we HAVE TO waste a freaking 1st round pick on a safety when Kerry Rhodes was already one hell of a player.

Well, the Kerry Rhodes haters got their way... Rhodes is gone. The Jets #1 Pass Defense is now long gone.[/QUOTE]

Rhodes plays like a number one? Not in your dreams. Besides, he didn't like Lil Jim taking over.

If Rex says C-YA, then there was a reason. :cool:

All League
    [QUOTE=vray;3516619]Via Schein's twitter

[url]http://twitter.com/AdamSchein[/url][/QUOTE]
    i trust rex & tanny but just a 4 & a 7 for rhodes??

wow!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RByrne;3517275]Cardinals fans think they are getting a hard hitting FS:rolleyes: Still think Rhodes had a place on the team but maybe he just didnt want to play for the Jets anymore. The fact is he is one of the best coverage safeties out there and WILL be a huge loss to the Jets if they cant replace him.[/QUOTE]

Truthfully he isnt even that great in coverage.. he has gotten beaten by TE's in some critical times.

Hall Of Fame
    wow..surprising reaction to Rhodes being moved...you look @ the front page and you'd think we had MT's head on a stick.

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;3517267]maybe the jets are looking to get antonie bethea

Antoine Bethea - DB Mar. 5 - 4:36 pm et

In addition to the three NFC East teams mentioned previously, the Jets and Dolphins are reportedly showing interest in FS Antoine Bethea.
    So Bethea is very popular in the east. It's starting to sound like these rumors are being spread directly by Bethea's player reps. Teams are unlikely to surrender a first-round pick for the tendered restricted free agent.[/QUOTE]

That has to be it. There is no other plausible explanation for this sick cruel joke. Our starting FS for a 4th rounder. Seriously? Don't even tell me Lowery is getting dropped back. Ugh. I'm disgusted. Anyone know where I can get my Authentic Rhodes jersey restitched to say my last name instead?

Hall Of Fame
    It's a fair deal and a good move for the JETS.
    All of the ones here crying about this move and being EXTREMELY dramatic about it are lunatics!
    Carrie Hollywood HURT this Defense more than he helped!
    He's not as good as a lot of you want to believe.
    Cro's gonna free up some space for some HARD HITTING...Something Carrie wants no part of.
    LOVE IT!

GO RYANBAUM!

Jets Insider VIP
    it's nice that Queens Jet "Fan" now has something new to blame "that damm woody" for with the his usual WSS discussion getting tired and stale

Banned
    [QUOTE=Hydro22;3517316]Truthfully he isnt even that great in coverage.. he has gotten beaten by TE's in some critical times.[/QUOTE]

Thi great coverage safties get interceptions, Kerry was too cool for tackles and interceptions. A fourth rounder for his production (which was a product of Rex's defense and not his ability) is a fine deal like I say[IMG]http://memegenerator.net/File/ImageMacro/656587.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    LOL..that pic is good

Moving Lowery to FS would be a good idea since he sucks at CB and lacks everything that would make him a good corner.

Either that or we go draft somebody in the 2nd or 3rd round, there are lots of solid safeties out there that could develop into starters their rookie year.

Still, this deal is terrible.

Banned
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;3517404]Moving Lowery to FS would be a good idea since he sucks at CB and lacks everything that would make him a good corner.

Either that or we go draft somebody in the 2nd or 3rd round, there are lots of solid safeties out there that could develop into starters their rookie year.

Still, this deal is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Nobody will forget the people who thought Kerry was loss, when we move to higher ground he will be long forgotten.

[IMG]http://memegenerator.net/File/ImageMacro/656587.jpg[/IMG]