Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3516834]I wonder how much stuff from JI helped usher Kerry out.[/QUOTE]

The unsilent majority spoke!

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3516799]Tackles made -

Rhodes - 63
    Leonhard - 76

Sure, Leonhard made a few more tackles, but not nearly enough to make up for missing 7 more tackles over the course of the year.

How about some more Missed Tackle numbers?

Ed Reed - 5
    Brandon Meriweather - 10
    Darren Sharper - 10
    Brian Dawkins - 12
    Antrel Rolle - 14

Are they all "Soft" as well?

It's funny, this "Soft" reputation has absolutely zero basis in reality, and is completely laughable, even at face value.[/QUOTE]

do you not watch football or the Jets? yeah he is a better tackler than Rolle.. HAHA

Rhodes is a PU$$Y and always will be.

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3516819]the only answer really

REX and Pettine don't know defensive football as well as Ven0m does[/QUOTE]

yeah because as we all know gm's and coaches never make mistakes

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3516745]I don't think that people on this board realize how much the Jets are looking to save money this year. First Thomas Jones and now Rhodes. The reason we only got a 4th is that now Arizona has to pay him his bonus and high salary. We did not even have Rolle come in for a visit. We got Cromartie on the cheap in the final year of his rookie contract. This is an uncapped year but the Jets are not looking to add payroll. If anything they are reducing. The real tell tale sign is to see if we do extensions for Mangold or Ferguson, something that would be really smart for us to do.

I think that secretly the Jets are happy that a final 8 team is not able to go after UFA.[/QUOTE]

It's what every team is trying to do. No cap today means it makes sense to get players into front loaded contracts. No cap to deal with today and a lower cap on the horizon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Starkweather;3516695]seriously... lets not all jump ship just because the biggest underachiever on out team got traded![/QUOTE]

Stark old boy your one of the few that has sense..The majority like to jump to conclusions when it's only March and we don't play till Sept..Unless we have a game next week that I don't know about?? Maybe Kerry didn't want to be here and isn't the type of player Rex likes..Too many fans get hooked on just their favorite players and not the true goal winning a championship..And to my knowledge no one on the Board has been a GM,HC or DC so I'll put my trust in the people who are..:yes:

KAM CHANCELLOR!!! would be a nice addition to the Jets safety position. Maybe the jets have something up their sleeve and are going to moveup to draft MAYS!!!

All Pro
    Although they saved $4M in the process, the Cards cut Rolle and gave him away in exchange for nothing.

In dumping a declining Rhodes, The Jets saved $2M, got 2 picks, and excised a team cancer.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3516839]yeah because as we all know gm's and coaches never make mistakes[/QUOTE]

yeah because posters on a football message board, are really qualified to judge what decisions paid proffesionals make are considered mistakes... LOL...
    Last edited by Starkweather; 03-06-2010 at 08:57 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3516838]do you not watch football or the Jets? yeah he is a better tackler than Rolle.. HAHA

Rhodes is a PU$$Y and always will be.[/QUOTE]

a pu$$y that can cover better than most safeties in the nfl

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3516835]The Jets already payed him his roster bonus already ($2M I think) so there's 1 hole in your theory[/QUOTE]
    You think wrong. Bonus not yet paid. Guess the theory still stands.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3516843]Stark old boy your one of the few that has sense..The majority like to jump to conclusions when it's only March and we don't play till Sept..Unless we have a game next week that I don't know about?? Maybe Kerry didn't want to be here and isn't the type of player Rex likes[B]..Too many fans get hooked on just their favorite players and not the true goal winning a championship.[/B].And to my knowledge no one on the Board has been a GM,HC or DC so I'll put my trust in the people who are..:yes:[/QUOTE]

I know we both miss Curtis.:P

He was nice.

Regarding the money due Rhodes...

[I]The Cardinals can thank the uncapped 2010 season for helping them land Kerry Rhodes by trade from the Jets.

Rhodes' contract is packed with prorated bonus charges that would have made trading or releasing him much harder for the Jets to justify in a salary-capped season.

The deal features base salaries of $2.78 million (2010), $2.525 million (2011), $3.5 million (2012) and $4.5 million (2013), plus a $2 million roster bonus due March 12. The Jets already paid a $6 million signing bonus as part of the deal, so the Cardinals come out of this one pretty good financially.

Rhodes will come much cheaper than what the Cardinals offered safety Antrel Rolle before Rolle signed with the Giants instead. The Cardinals have been speaking with Rhodes' agent for some time; Todd France also represents recently departed linebacker Karlos Dansby.[/I]

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3516664]Wow. What a dumb trade. I thought you could've gotten at least a third for him.[/QUOTE]

So 1 round lower plus a pick next year is a dumb trade?

This board was full of people wanting him gone...Now it's a bad trade..The Jets got robbed...funny!

They way Rhodes has played the last 2 yrs I think people here have overvalued him....

I'm sure Rex and Tannebaum have a plan

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3516851]I know we both miss Curtis.:P

He was nice.[/QUOTE]

Yep give me 14 yds rushing in the playoffs who needs the War machine??:yes:

I don't think anyone would agree that Smith or Ihedigbo can cover as well as Rhodes although they are both superior against the run and maybe as good as blitzers==particularly Ihedigbo.

Therefore, we must make a move or we got worse. Maybe the poster who mentioned Lowery is onto something.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3516843]Stark old boy your one of the few that has sense..The majority like to jump to conclusions when it's only March and we don't play till Sept..Unless we have a game next week that I don't know about?? Maybe Kerry didn't want to be here and isn't the type of player Rex likes..Too many fans get hooked on just their favorite players and not the true goal winning a championship..And to my knowledge no one on the Board has been a GM,HC or DC so I'll put my trust in the people who are..:yes:[/QUOTE]

... its called the majesty of calmness my friend... there are few of us here who understand it... but we're a proud few... lol

"The Cardinals have been speaking with Rhodes' agent for some time;"

Not about Rhodes I hope, that would not be allowed would it?

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3516841]It's what every team is trying to do. No cap today means it makes sense to get players into front loaded contracts. No cap to deal with today and a lower cap on the horizon.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, it is true of many teams but not true of all teams. Is it true of the Bears and the Giants? Even the Pats are resiging players for a lot of money.

Are we going to extend Mangold and Ferguson with front loaded contracts? I hope we do but let's see.

Listen I'm not against this move if we have a replacement in mind and for all you people complaining of the little value we received bear in mind that much of that is because of his contract. How many trades do you see completed where the new team picks up a contract and pays a big bonuse due? I was against releasing TJ. I think the leadership he provided to this team cannot be measured and in an uncapped year he was worth the money.

There are some teams that will be reducing payroll and some teams that will be adding in the uncapped year.

I hope we will be one of the few that will be adding.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 03-06-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Woody56;3516839]yeah because as we all know gm's and coaches never make mistakes[/QUOTE]

You mean like claiming to watch Jet football and then post that Rhodes "beasted in coverage"?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;3516852]Regarding the money due Rhodes...

Rhodes will come much cheaper than what the Cardinals offered safety Antrel Rolle before Rolle signed with the Giants instead. [B]The Cardinals have been speaking with Rhodes' agent for some time
    [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums up how Kerry felt about staying with the team..:yes: