Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;3517265]i don't get why so many good players are being traded for ****ty round draft picks. Boldin for a 4th, Cromartie for a 3rd, and rhodes for a 4th. i know Boldin has injury problems, rhodes has been slacking, and cromartie has tackling and child issues, but they are all good players that are worth much more than what they were dealt for. Unless the Jets are looking to trade up for Taylor Mays, then dealing rhodes for a 4th round pick is retarded.:mad:[/QUOTE]

You must not have been watching football the past ten years. Good to average players are a dime a dozen. Trading Kerry for a 4th and a 7th was I am sure the best the Jets could do. I know we love our players around here but isnt this ths same guy who was shying away from contact as a safety??? The guy that was getting bashed around here for not being a football player??? We need football players not Kerry Rhodes. Great trade, good value. Not to mention why pay a bum like Kerry big money when you can sign a younger player for more money and get more heart. Kudos to Tanny.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to mention Safety isnt exactly a LT or CB. Boldin was worth a 4th? If looking at it in that pyramid I am not sure Rhodes is worth a 4th. Boldin can be very good. Kerry is not and will not ever be very good.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to freak out over this deal. 4th is a bit low for Rhodes, but I trust Tanny to find a replacement. I'm sure as hell not shedding a tear over Hollywood leaving. Maybe getting out of NY will wake him up to the player he should have been for Rex.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only Hollywood I would accept on this team is Sanchez. We dont need a safety with Hollywood attached to him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, this was the news I awoke to this morning :(

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3516708]at SAFETY i want

Eric Berry or Earl Thomas[/QUOTE]

Eric Berry is awesome, but I don't think that's happening.

I actually really find myself not caring. how many plays did he make that someone else couldn't have made? How many plays did he make that someone else COULD have made? We were burned so many times with him that I'd like to see his eventual replacement on the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I see here is that the Jets, already the most physical team in the league may just want to become even more physical. With KR that just would not happen.

I see nothing wrong the NY Jets becoming even more physical on an already stout 'D'

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517297]i trust rex & tanny but just a 4 & a 7 for rhodes??

wow!![/QUOTE]

They didn't want to pay Rhodes the $2 Million roster bonus due him if he still was on the roster at the end of the week--
    so--
    It should have been reported as a 4th, a 7th, and a savings of $2 Million!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstarz;3518211]They didn't want to pay Rhodes the $2 Million roster bonus due him if he still was on the roster at the end of the week--
    so--
    It should have been reported as a 4th, a 7th, and a savings of $2 Million![/QUOTE]

Or perhaps they didn't want him or Rhodes didn't want to play with the Jets in either case then why would the Jets want to pay the $2M bonus. Would you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Fck. i live for mexico and this is what happens.. i should have never logged on to this internet cafe....

a freaking 4th..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3518871]Holy Fck. i live for mexico and this is what happens.. i should have never logged on to this internet cafe....

a freaking 4th..[/QUOTE]

Just log off man, just log off.