Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to ARIZONA DONE for 2010 4th, 2011 7th

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF.

There must be something going on behind the scenes, huge trade...something. God please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoops;3516636]My sources say this is a done deal.[/QUOTE]

Cant see this being in the best interest of th jets as among other things it forces out hands in the draft or FA to pick up another starting FS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our #1 Seconday isn't the #1 secondary anymore... Not without Kerry Rhodes.

What a freaking mess this is right now... WR during round one? OLB during round one? Think again... Now we HAVE TO waste a freaking 1st round pick on a safety when Kerry Rhodes was already one hell of a player.

Well, the Kerry Rhodes haters got their way... Rhodes is gone. The Jets #1 Pass Defense is now long gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex thinks it's addition by subtraction then so be it. It's not like we have a bad track record with 4th round picks.

I like what this does for Braylon too! He just got a first hand glimpse of what being a prima donna will get you -- a 1 way ticket out of dodge.
    Last edited by Pac2566; 03-06-2010 at 07:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how people say "they should've gotten more" when they obviously couldn't...

If they could have, they would have. If nobody wanted to give up more than what Arizona gave up, clearly that is what Rhodes is worth right now.

Right now the system is all ****ed up because picks are just worth so much in comparison to established players.

I wouldn't have done the trade, but clearly the team wants to be tougher at safety.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we just got cromartie for a conditional 3rd. Rhodes was in the same boat cromartie was in with the chargers but with the jets. 2 picks, and i'm sure MT wasn't like hmm...ya know i like your 2nd rounder but i'll take your 4th. rhodes was a season long distraction and teams knew we prob weren't gonna pay the bonuses. I'd like to keep him but i can understand him being traded. Let's see how this plays out, we're one of the more aggressive teams in FA so I doubt we are finished.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    we got a 4th this year a 7th next...someone late to the dance...:(

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    there goes tannys 15 minutes....
    HE BETTER HAVE A GOOD STRATEGY BEHIND THIS (.....berry trade up.....)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We better get Atawge

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3516677]Our #1 Seconday isn't the #1 secondary anymore... Not without Kerry Rhodes.

What a freaking mess this is right now... WR during round one? OLB during round one? Think again... Now we HAVE TO waste a freaking 1st round pick on a safety when Kerry Rhodes was already one hell of a player.

Well, the Kerry Rhodes haters got their way... Rhodes is gone. The Jets #1 Pass Defense is now long gone.[/QUOTE]

relax we still have #24 and he's leaps and bounds better than any other defensive player in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3516679]I love how people say "they should've gotten more" when they obviously couldn't...

If they could have, they would have. If nobody wanted to give up more than what Arizona gave up, clearly that is what Rhodes is worth right now.

Right now the system is all ****ed up because picks are just worth so much in comparison to established players.

I wouldn't have done the trade, but clearly the team wants to be tougher at safety.[/QUOTE]

if they couldn't they shouldn't have traded him.

they sold him low, which is bad news unless you're selling lemons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    such a short time ago rhodes was our best player (06 and 07) and now hes gone. first big mistake in tannenbaum/ryan era.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3516679]I love how people say "they should've gotten more" when they obviously couldn't...

I wouldn't have done the trade, but clearly the team wants to be tougher at safety.[/QUOTE]

The point is you don't sell a talented player for 30 cents on the dollar.

If that's all you can get, then F'N KEEP HIM!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope he is trading up for Berry or Mays because if not we are in trouble. Not for nothing but even with the soft plays Kerry was still one of the best Safety's in the league!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DRevis24;3516683]there goes tannys 15 minutes....
    HE BETTER HAVE A GOOD STRATEGY BEHIND THIS (.....berry trade up.....)[/QUOTE]

This is not happening...

The team was willing to start Eric Smith over Rhodes last year so clearly they are OK with the idea of him playing.

SEcondly, it's a deep draft so it makes less sense to trade quantity for "quality" here.

Lastly, it's the safety position. It will always be considered less of a value position compared to others.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3516687]relax we still have #24 and he's leaps and bounds better than any other defensive player in the league.[/QUOTE]

seriously... lets not all jump ship just because the biggest underachiever on out team got traded!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess we are going safety in the first round. Taylor May's anyone??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randy Moss and Herm Edwards fetched 4th rounders as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    We gave up EIGHT PASSING touchdowns last year. And if Rhodes isn't tough enough, you can't justify trading for the biggest ***** in the entire league. Rhodes is Dick Butkus compared to Cromartie. At least get a good player in return for Rhodes, a 4th round pick is crazy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Tanny and Rex must have some plan.