Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What safetys are available?

What safetys are available?

Are we gonna give Baltimore a second for Dawan Landry?

Tanny and Rex must have their eye on someone.

Banned
    As long as were not bringing back Carrie I'm fine

[IMG]http://memegenerator.net/File/ImageMacro/656587.jpg[/IMG]

Thats what I say goddamit.

RFAs:

Antoine Bethea (1st round tender)
    O.J Atogwe (no compensation needed)

UFAs:

Darren Sharper

All League
    bethea to high of a compensation.
    no to the other guy.
    sharper would only be a one year fix.

conclusion... we find some in the draft. :yes:

^You have no idea who OJ Atogwe is, do you? :rolleyes:

Atogwe isn't going anywhere anyway... he got tendered Right of First Refusal.
    Last edited by HEMPSTEAD; 03-06-2010 at 07:46 PM.

so am i right in guessing we now have a 1st, 2nd, and 1 (or 2 ?????) 4th's this year

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;3516797]RFAs:

Antoine Bethea (1st round tender)
    O.J Atogwe (no compensation needed)

UFAs:

Darren Sharper[/QUOTE]

Can you explain in more detail the no comp needed for Atogwe -- won't the Rams just match any decent offer?

All Pro
    1 2 4(arz) 5 6 7

Antoine Bethea from Indy took over from Bob 'IR' Sanders and had good year. He's restricted free agent, what was he tendered and can we sign him being a final 8 team

[QUOTE=dassin;3516828]Can you explain in more detail the no comp needed for Atogwe -- won't the Rams just match any decent offer?[/QUOTE]

Basically yeah. They tendered him as low as possible to try and save some money, but they can match any offer.

[QUOTE=Xmarco;3516832]Antoine Bethea from Indy took over from Bob 'IR' Sanders and had good year. He's restricted free agent, what was he tendered and can we sign him being a final 8 team[/QUOTE]

People are saying a 1st rounder is too high, but Bethea is younger and better than Rhodes. Atogwe is also at least as good as Rhodes and Sharper, even at 34 was probably the best in the league when it came to turnovers. This Rhodes deal looks bad, and I still think we could have gotten more, but maybe Rex wasn't kidding when he said that he benched him for performance and other teams took notice.

think it might just be possible we stay with smith and maybe try and put lowery in there every once in a while

[QUOTE=dassin;3516828]Can you explain in more detail the no comp needed for Atogwe -- won't the Rams just match any decent offer?[/QUOTE]
    You're right, dassin...

Rams tendered Atogwe "right of first refusual" rather than the other draft pick compensation.

So to avoid the mess, the Rams will just match any offer they deem reasonable enough to re-sign Atogwe.

All League
    [QUOTE=HEMPSTEAD;3516813]^You have no idea who OJ Atogwe is, do you? :rolleyes:

Atogwe isn't going anywhere anyway... he got tendered Right of First Refusal.[/QUOTE]

lmao dude i totally forgot.. :D but yea i remebered he wasnt going anywhere tho..

What about Ryan Clark from the Steelers?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[jetfans]Ihedigbo and Smith are both better, no need to bring in a replacement for Rhodes[/jetfans]

[QUOTE=neevsmazda07;3516855]lmao dude i totally forgot.. :D but yea i remebered he wasnt going anywhere tho..[/QUOTE]
    You're "no to the other guy" just made it sound as if you were dismissing him without even know who he was/seeing him play...

I just sat there like ":confused: what?" lol

:D All good my man...:cool:

All Pro
    i hope OJ Atogwe is the guy. he is better than rhodes and anything else we have playing safety on our Roster.............

Drafting Taylor Mayes?

I think the Jets will try to convert Dwight Lowery to play safety and they will use a Lowery/Smith combo this season.