Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What safetys are available?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't the Jets have to lose a player in free agency before they can try to sign Atogwe?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;3517494]Don't the Jets have to lose a player in free agency before they can try to sign Atogwe?[/QUOTE]

He's a RFA who was only given a low tender, so the team only has right to match and no draft pick compensation, not a UFA. So no, he's fair game to us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3517497]He's a RFA who was only given a low tender, so the team only has right to match and no draft pick compensation, not a UFA. So no, he's fair game to us.[/QUOTE]

What is a ballpark proposal that the Rams would not match?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be Eric Smith. Book it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3517112]Maybe they call Al Davis about Michael Huff(one of the better cover safetys) Huff had a very good year in 2009. His strength isn't against the run but he is one of the better cover safeties. Huff is expendable for the Raiders as clearly Tyvon Branch and Mike Mitchell are the longterm safeties and eventually starting duo. Raiders aren't going to give Huff away because like I alluded to he has value as a pass defender(takes away some of the best Tes in coverage)

Acombination Of Eric Smith- against the run and M Huff- pass defense (JMO I think better cover safety than Rhodes) .[/QUOTE]

LOL

This is so freakin transparent it's ridiculous. You would just love for crazy Al to pawn off one of his worst bust draft picks and his $5.75 million salary on us a for a 4th rd pick - sh*t you'd probably accept a 7th rounder or a bag of donuts as compensation to get Michael Creampuff off your team.

[img]http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/284013.jpg[/img]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3517514]It's going to be Eric Smith. Book it.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/6512/original/DoubleFacePalm.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Antoine Bethea - He is so underrated around the league it is not even funny. He would be a clear upgrade over Rhodes. He basically has the same coverage skills paired with a nasty attitude and physical hitting ability. He is a stud.

Ryan Clark - He is not what we need from the guy replacing Rhodes. He is propably the most violent hitter in the league, a true head hunter. But he is only average in coverage and doesn't have great ball skills.

OJ Atogwe - He would be a great addition too. A player dying to play for a winner, a leader and tough guy all around. Very sound in all aspects of the game and I wouldn't call him old with 29 years of age. Comes off shoulder surgery though I think.

In the draft there are a bunch of players who sound really intriguing. Don't forget that Rex can really build up a player and guys like Reshad Jones, Earl Thomas or Chad Jones come with tremendous natural ability. Nate Allen is another very sound guy who should be available in the second round.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3517522]Antoine Bethea - He is so underrated around the league it is not even funny. He would be a clear upgrade over Rhodes. He basically has the same coverage skills paired with a nasty attitude and physical hitting ability. He is a stud.

Ryan Clark - He is not what we need from the guy replacing Rhodes. He is propably the most violent hitter in the league, a true head hunter. But he is only average in coverage and doesn't have great ball skills.

OJ Atogwe - He would be a great addition too. A player dying to play for a winner, a leader and tough guy all around. Very sound in all aspects of the game and I wouldn't call him old with 29 years of age. Comes off shoulder surgery though I think.

In the draft there are a bunch of players who sound really intriguing. Don't forget that Rex can really build up a player and guys like Reshad Jones, Earl Thomas or Chad Jones come with tremendous natural ability. Nate Allen is another very sound guy who should be available in the second round.[/QUOTE]

And if we can't get any of those guys Gibril Wilson

[IMG]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/79497114.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588729C6B3A774C8151C1DB90920B9D2F03D11503B7DD28682A[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/79497125.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588F3D508B533B00625C1DB90920B9D2F03BD751879CF9EEBC1[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3517497]He's a RFA who was only given a low tender, so the team only has right to match and no draft pick compensation, not a UFA. So no, he's fair game to us.[/QUOTE]

The Rams lowballed the hell out of Atogwe. All they have is right of first refusal. He can be ours for the right price. Another dumb move by the Rams. Atogwe was one of the only good players on their entire roster.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3517526]And if we can't get any of those guys Gibril Wilson

[IMG]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/79497114.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588729C6B3A774C8151C1DB90920B9D2F03D11503B7DD28682A[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/79497125.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588F3D508B533B00625C1DB90920B9D2F03BD751879CF9EEBC1[/IMG][/QUOTE]

No thanks to Gibril. He's done. Would rather sign Atogwe or get a Safety at 61.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3517529]No thanks to Gibril. He's done. Would rather sign Atogwe or get a Safety at 61.[/QUOTE]

Listen I've been told by a friend of mine who went to school with Gibril that he's wanted to be on a better team with an attack style defense. I think that its possible that being of the Raiders or Dolphags would make you a lesser player...:rolleyes: So don't hate the player hate the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3517566]Listen I've been told by a friend of mine who went to school with Gibril that he's wanted to be on a better team with an attack style defense. I think that its possible that being of the Raiders or Dolphags would make you a lesser player...:rolleyes: So don't hate the player hate the team.[/QUOTE]

He was terrible in coverage even when he was with the Giants...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't the Rams lowball Atogwe for a reason?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517650]Wouldn't the Rams lowball Atogwe for a reason?[/QUOTE]

SenorGator....what are your thoughts on Major Wright, seems like he is way under the radar?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3517657]SenorGator....what are your thoughts on Major Wright, seems like he is way under the radar?[/QUOTE]

Not as good as he was expected to be, not as bad as "they" say he is.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of the draft safeties I want Earl Thomas, anyone know what range he is supposed to go and some possible teams interested?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Gut Feeling its gonna be Taylor Mays if he is there... Rex likes freakish atheletes. and he fits the Mold of the Punishing Hitter he wants with Tough Guy Attitude.. Schien also mentioned him as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3517515]LOL

This is so freakin transparent it's ridiculous. You would just love for crazy Al to pawn off one of his worst bust draft picks and his $5.75 million salary on us a for a 4th rd pick - sh*t you'd probably accept a 7th rounder or a bag of donuts as compensation to get Michael Creampuff off your team.

[img]http://media.scout.com/media/image/28/284013.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

No If you ask any Raider fan before last year they would have given M Huff away for a bag of marbles. Not now. Michael Huff really turned around his career in 2009. The guy has become a film junky working with N asomugha to improve himself tremendously. M huff is one of the best coverage safeties out there(ask any Afc West Foe ) Huff while a parttime safety(doesn't play the run downs) is an important part of Raiders secondary. Raiders now have alot of versatility at safety and aren't given Huff away. (his ability to take out best Tes is very important in Afc West) Huff is a big part of there secondary. My point was with Mike Mitchell and Tyvon Branch eventually starters , and Thomas Howard(played safety in College they can afford to look in moving Huff if the price is right. Might not be able to afford Huff second contract as parttime player .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earl Thomas will be gone in the top 15. He is ranked by several experts, including Mayok, on top of Eric Berry

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3518129]Earl Thomas will be gone in the top 15. He is ranked by several experts, including Mayok, [B]on top of Eric Berry[/B][/QUOTE]

He found his thrill on Eric Berrys hill??:eek: