Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go all in and trade up for Eric Berry?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Go all in and trade up for Eric Berry?

IDK if it will be possible...but since Kerry is gone, I would LOOOVE it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    not necessary

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Berry but this team needs more picks, not less.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would probably cost too much for Eric Berry, he's probably a top 5 pick. But I would trade up 10 or so spots to pickup safety Earl Thomas of Texas. Get him before the Texans get a crack at him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Berry is out of reach. Taylor Mays on the other hand...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I love Eric Berry....

We couldn't package our entire draft to get Eric Berry..... it took us a 1st, a 2nd, and 3 players to move from 17 to 5 last year, and that was a huge sweetheart deal between Tannenbaum and Mangini. This year we're drafting 29th. What do we have to offer to get us that high? Nothing.

Earl Thomas could be had, but it'd probably require a trade up, which I wouldn't advise.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    though I was slightly disappointed in his Senior Bowl practices, Kurt Coleman/Ohio State....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3516952]though I was slightly disappointed in his Senior Bowl practices, Kurt Coleman/Ohio State....[/QUOTE]

I remember you saying that you like him.

When is his pro day?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of hard hitting Safeties to choose from in the draft... :yes:Taylor Mays :yes:played in 34 system and he would be a great pick.:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3516952]though I was slightly disappointed in his Senior Bowl practices, Kurt Coleman/Ohio State....[/QUOTE]

I thought he looked good at the combine though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i see his potential upside, but i dont see how kurt coleman comes in and is anything more than a ST player his first year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's a nother mid rounder i like

we take stuckey with our new 4th:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2DlSp6-d0&NR=1[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    but this is the guy i'd like at 29 if he falls there

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_tq6nqCPU[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;3516994]i see his potential upside, but i dont see how kurt coleman comes in and is anything more than a ST player his first year.[/QUOTE]

he's not the greatest athlete and has average size but plays very smart football...Stuckey is more a straight line safety who struggles in coverage...you can't put him over the slot receiver whereas Coleman you can....

Thomas will be long gone by 29- but I'd agree, #2 safety after Berry....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not going to bash Stuckey or Coleman, but we need a Day 1 starter if we draft someone to replace Rhodes, and you can't say that about either of them.

Hence why I'm hoping Atogwe will be on a plane to NY shortly....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just dont feel confidnet with a ROOKIE safety starting... Safety is a tough position to play but I'm sorry... We just let go of a veteran S who was ELITE in pass coverage.

Berry, Mays... It doesn't matter... Those guys will be starting as rookies and because of that... Our Pass Defense is going to take a major step back.

I hope we do something, because as of right now... Leonard and Smith have to make for the worst 1-2 punch at the Safety position in the game today... Horrid.

We NEVER had to draft a S with the 1st pick, now we're talking about selling the farm for a freaking talented S coming out of college... NO thanks. Tanny and Rex really messed up here, they really did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3517129]I just dont feel confidnet with a ROOKIE safety starting... Safety is a tough position to play but I'm sorry... We just let go of a veteran S who was ELITE in pass coverage.

Berry, Mays... It doesn't matter... Those guys will be starting as rookies and because of that... Our Pass Defense is going to take a major step back.

I hope we do something, because as of right now... Leonard and Smith have to make for the worst 1-2 punch at the Safety position in the game today... Horrid.

We NEVER had to draft a S with the 1st pick, now we're talking about selling the farm for a freaking talented S coming out of college... NO thanks. Tanny and Rex really messed up here, they really did.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Rhodes start as a rookie? Erik Coleman too?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3517129]I just dont feel confidnet with a ROOKIE safety starting... Safety is a tough position to play but I'm sorry... We just let go of a veteran S who was ELITE in pass coverage.

We NEVER had to draft a S with the 1st pick, now we're talking about selling the farm for a freaking talented S coming out of college... NO thanks. Tanny and Rex really messed up here, they really did.[/QUOTE/]

What would you think about D Sharp as a 1 year rental?

I hear ya DWC, and I'm in a wait and see mode because I trust Tanny and Rex.

We had the best pass D, and we never had a consistent pass rush without blitzing. I think Tanny has earned our trust, lets see what he's got up his sleeve.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know most people here don't like him, but I think we take Mays if he's there now. Unless, of course, we acquire a starting safety before the draft. We just picked up a big corner with tremendous physical abilities, and I think we might be adding a big safety with incredible physical gifts. I think Rex believes he can coach'em up. No way to know, just my thoughts.
    Last edited by JB1089; 03-06-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: reworded

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    now I hope we get Mays