Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go all in and trade up for Eric Berry?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not gonna happen with Berry, and Mays isn't what we need.

Oh, and DWC, STOP. Aside from what we all got to see last year when Rhodes got BENCHED for poor, cowardly play and was hot garbage more often than not, I think the Fat Man has forgotten more about how to win Championships with Defense than you will ever know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    simply don't have the ammo to get up that high

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unnecessary. There's plenty of good FS options in this draft and we're much better off picking on up in the second round than trade our whole draft for a top-10 contract. Our payroll is already huge, we got to start thinking about the future and signing our role players to long term deals.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeeZiTe;3517248]Unnecessary. There's plenty of good FS options in this draft and we're much better off picking on up in the second round than trade our whole draft for a top-10 contract. Our payroll is already huge, we got to start thinking about the future and signing our role players to long term deals.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This is a pretty deep draft at the Safety position and we can get someone solid at 61. No need to overreact and trade up for Berry or even hope that Mays or Thomas somehow fall to us at 29. I'm pretty sure this is part of the reason why Tanny was willing to get rid of Rhodes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3517201]simply don't have the ammo to get up that high[/QUOTE]

Maybe. As soon as Leon signs elsewhere (Philly?), the Jets will have another second which is his tender. Package a #1, #2, and #4-5 and Voila! a starting safety in the drafrt.
    Hey no problem. Everyone says RBs are a dime a dozen to replace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3516952]though I was slightly disappointed in his Senior Bowl practices, Kurt Coleman/Ohio State....[/QUOTE]

CBNY, I found this scouting report and thought I would post it since it had a Leonhard comparison. Not sure if you agree with it...

Kurt Coleman: No. 4, SS, 5-11, 195

Coleman isn't a physical presence at the position and struggles to locate/slip blocks when working toward the ball. However, he's instinctive and does a nice job reading his run/pass keys. He's always around the play. He possesses fluid hips and does a nice job remaining balanced out of his breaks and redirecting cleanly in pass defense. Coleman isn't a great athlete and lacks ideal initial burst and closing speed in the secondary, but he gets good jumps on the ball and possesses the coordination to make plays. He isn't a physical tackler and can be washed out of plays easily.

Coleman struggles to shed blocks. But he's scrappy and displays the type of short-area quickness needed to break down in space and get the ball carrier to the ground. He lacks ideal range in the secondary and plays at one speed. He fails to make up for a false step. He has been productive and is the definition of an overachiever. [B]Coleman reminds me a bit of current Jets SS Jim Leonhard, and I expect he'll have a similar type of career[/B].

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-stats.html&position=ss&startrow=10[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morgan Burnett ar 61.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has it been Tanny's M.O. to go into the draft with a gaping hole that he simply must address with a high pick?

Just askin'.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thread title could be the Patriots playbook this year not the Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3517647]CBNY, I found this scouting report and thought I would post it since it had a Leonhard comparison. Not sure if you agree with it...

Kurt Coleman: No. 4, SS, 5-11, 195

Coleman isn't a physical presence at the position and struggles to locate/slip blocks when working toward the ball. However, he's instinctive and does a nice job reading his run/pass keys. He's always around the play. He possesses fluid hips and does a nice job remaining balanced out of his breaks and redirecting cleanly in pass defense. Coleman isn't a great athlete and lacks ideal initial burst and closing speed in the secondary, but he gets good jumps on the ball and possesses the coordination to make plays. He isn't a physical tackler and can be washed out of plays easily.

Coleman struggles to shed blocks. But he's scrappy and displays the type of short-area quickness needed to break down in space and get the ball carrier to the ground. He lacks ideal range in the secondary and plays at one speed. He fails to make up for a false step. He has been productive and is the definition of an overachiever. [B]Coleman reminds me a bit of current Jets SS Jim Leonhard, and I expect he'll have a similar type of career[/B].

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-stats.html&position=ss&startrow=10[/url][/QUOTE]

Coleman's coverage skills are head and shoulders above Leonard's....he reminds me of a lesser version of Ed Reed at equal points in their careers...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeeZiTe;3517248]Unnecessary. There's plenty of good FS options in this draft and we're much better off picking on up in the second round than trade our whole draft for a top-10 contract. Our payroll is already huge, we got to start thinking about the future and signing our role players to long term deals.[/QUOTE]

not a heck of a lot of rangy center-fielders in this draft....if you want one better get one early...

the other guy I'd keep on the radar screen is TJ Ward of Oregon...unjustifiably classed as a run stuffing S entering the '09 campaign as most ignored his '08 film, then was injured last year...looked terrific in drills at the combine....again though- 3rd rounder not really worthy of a top 60 pick but will definitely produce at the next level....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3517927]not a heck of a lot of rangy center-fielders in this draft....if you want one better get one early...

the other guy I'd keep on the radar screen is TJ Ward of Oregon...unjustifiably classed as a run stuffing S entering the '09 campaign as most ignored his '08 film, then was injured last year...looked terrific in drills at the combine....again though- 3rd rounder not really worthy of a top 60 pick but will definitely produce at the next level....[/QUOTE]

what about the guy from LSU.Chad Jones I believe.Possible target in the mid rounds??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3517927]not a heck of a lot of rangy center-fielders in this draft....if you want one better get one early...

the other guy I'd keep on the radar screen is TJ Ward of Oregon...unjustifiably classed as a run stuffing S entering the '09 campaign as most ignored his '08 film, then was injured last year...looked terrific in drills at the combine....again though- 3rd rounder not really worthy of a top 60 pick but will definitely produce at the next level....[/QUOTE]

+1