Thread: Ed Reed anyone?

Banned

Ed Reed anyone?

He's only 31 years of age... Our Defense would be AMAZING with Ed Reed back there.

He retired this offseason right? What if Ed Reed were to come back? Would the Ravens still have rights to Ed Reed and if not... I can bet my bottom dollar that Reed would LOVE to play in a secondary with talented players such as Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie under REX RYAN.

If anyone can talk Ed Reed out of Retirement; it's Rex Ryan. Ed Reed loved Rex Ryan and I'm sure Rex Ryan feels the same way about Reed.

I'm pretty upset about the loss of Kerry Rhodes but lets be honest here... Ed Reed would make us forget about Kerry Rhodes in a split second.

Ed Reed didn't retire yet, hes considering it. Only reason hes considering it is because of a injury. We aren't getting Reed...

Hall Of Fame
    DWC, lol, he didn't retire, not yet at least.

And there's no way the Jets could trade for him, and if he does retire, the odds would be slim of him going to the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Only 31......

- Hasn't retired yet, but said he was 50/50 on the issue.

- If he decides to come back next year (And yes, the Ravens would have his rights if he retires, even if he comes back at a later date, as he is under contract, unless they for some reason release his rights like we did with Favre), there is absolutely ZERO chance the Ravens would trade his rights to us.

Or in other words....

[img]http://globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/picard_ashamed.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-06-2010 at 11:07 PM.

He's on the brink of retirement. He has severe neck problems and probably will retire. It's a shame because he was probably the biggest playmaker at his position I've ever seen. HOF in my book.

Banned
    I thought he retired but damn... This was only food for thought :confused:

Lock, Dump, Ban... I don't care anymore, I'm just upset about the loss of Kerry Rhodes...Yeah, his whole little twitter act and the way he was with the media sucked; but the dude was an elite talent and an elite talent that we no longer have. :steamin:

All League
    [B]S.O.F.S.*[/B]

[SIZE="1"]*shell of former self[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3517165]I thought he retired but damn... This was only food for thought :confused:

Lock, Dump, Ban... I don't care anymore, I'm just upset about the loss of Kerry Rhodes...Yeah, his whole little twitter act and the way he was with the media sucked; but the dude was an elite talent and an elite talent that we no longer have. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

You need to relax

In Rex and our defensive staff, we have one of the best coaching staffs in football, these guys know what they are doing, and what they want.

I liked Rhodes, I won't knock him, he was a good player in his first couple of years, but this last year, something wasn't right with him, and I got tired of all his talk about what he wants to do after football, his mouthing off to coaches, and how he was being perceived in the locker room by other players, you need to trust that smoke, Kerry provided that fire.

Looking back, I didn't like how he played, how he started playing soft, even seemingly losing a step, where did his speed go, he had none of it this year, and especially in the playoffs.

He has very good ability, but he is the one to blame for what happened to him, not Tanny, not Rex.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3517153]Ed Reed didn't retire yet, hes considering it. Only reason hes considering it is because of a injury. We aren't getting Reed...[/QUOTE]

You can contact Sooth about changing your user name if you want too. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3517220]You can contact Sooth about changing your user name if you want too. :D[/QUOTE]

Then all the Chads and Vilma's would want equal time.. OK maybe not the Chads..;)

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3517165]I thought he retired but damn... This was only food for thought :confused:

[B]Lock, Dump, Ban[/B]... I don't care anymore, I'm just upset about the loss of Kerry Rhodes...Yeah, his whole little twitter act and the way he was with the media sucked; but the dude was an elite talent and an elite talent that we no longer have. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Anyway we can expedite this? :P

Jets Insider VIP
    There's NO WAY we get Ed Reed. He is just under Ray Lewis when it comes to the association of players with teams. By this, I mean that IMO he's a "Lifer" when it comes to the Ravens. He'd take less $$ to stay a part of that team, than he would to join another...even if it were to a team with better odds on winning the Super Bowl.

[QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;3517296]There's NO WAY we get Ed Reed. He is just under Ray Lewis when it comes to the association of players with teams. By this, I mean that IMO [B]he's a "Lifer" when it comes to the Ravens[/B]. He'd take less $$ to stay a part of that team, than he would to join another...even if it were to a team with better odds on winning the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

I dunno bout that, Ray Lewis really wanted to follow Rex, and I'd be shocked if Reed thought any different.
    But I agree, there's no way we get him. In the event he even continues to play the Ravens aren't just going to release him outright.

Ed Reed? Really? thats the best you can come up with? Keep it moving fellas nothing to see here.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3517164]He's on the brink of retirement. He has severe neck problems and probably will retire. It's a shame because he was probably the biggest playmaker at his position I've ever seen. HOF in my book.[/QUOTE]

+1 another non-jet bust in canton....

Jets Insider VIP

Lock, Dump, Ban... I don't care anymore, I'm just upset about the loss of Kerry Rhodes...Yeah, his whole little twitter act and the way he was with the media sucked; but the dude was an elite talent and an elite talent that we no longer have. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

You're out of control.

I thought you were going to watch a movie last night with your girl to get over it? What happened?

All League

Lock, Dump, Ban... I don't care anymore, I'm just upset about the loss of Kerry Rhodes...Yeah, his whole little twitter act and the way he was with the media sucked;[B] but the dude was an elite talent [/B]and an elite talent that we no longer have. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Rhodes is not an elite talent. He was a very good player, and I'm sure he will continue to be, but he is not an elite saftey. I am not happy to see him go, but you act as if we just let the best saftey in the league walk, and he's not that.

It's actually the opposite, Rhodes was traded so the team could lock up the elite talent they do have.

[QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3518038]Rhodes is not an elite talent. He was a very good player, and I'm sure he will continue to be, but he is not an elite saftey. I am not happy to see him go, but you act as if we just let the best saftey in the league walk, and he's not that.

It's actually the opposite, Rhodes was traded so the team could lock up the elite talent they do have.[/QUOTE]

+1, and add to the fact that he played well only when he felt like playing.