Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Jones Visiting Chiefs Monday

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas Jones Visiting Chiefs Monday

Chiefs scheduled former Jets RB Thomas Jones to visit KC on Monday.
    about 4 hours ago
    via UberTwitter

[url]http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER[/url]

Would like to see the Jets match KC's offer if they make one. They're not going to offer a lot, and he'd be #2 there behind Jamal Charles so all things considered I think he'd come back if we match.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather let THomas go... I know the guy stays healthy and never fumbles, but skill wise he is not a great player. It was also pretty clear that Greene had moved so far above Jones as well by the end of the year.

The biggest reason however is the fact that he'll be 32. This position is just a young guys position. Running backs hit those ages and they simply fall off... They all do. Father time is undefeated, especially at that position.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3517190]Chiefs scheduled former Jets RB Thomas Jones to visit KC on Monday.
    about 4 hours ago
    via UberTwitter

Would like to see the Jets match KC's offer if they make one. They're not going to offer a lot, and he'd be #2 there behind Jamal Charles so all things considered I think he'd come back if we match.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Considering the Chiefs will be lucky to win 6 games in 2010 the only way Jones would accept being a #2 is in KC is if he really loves barbecue food.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones isnt coming back.. you might as well get over it now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kleckomania;3517198]I agree. Considering the Chiefs will be lucky to win 6 games in 2010 the only way Jones would accept being a #2 is in KC is if he really loves barbecue food.[/QUOTE]

Let him go, move on, if he wants to be all about the $ then go to KC, or he can swallow his pride, and come back here where he can possibly win a SB and have some success

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign him kc. i want to see the war machine in 2010.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    why the hell would he go to kc?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3517234]why the hell would he go to kc?[/QUOTE]

Money... It's almost always about the money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I don't like this one bit! TJ an "Unrestricted Free Agent"??? He's still solid and he gave our running game that physical presence. Greene is a STUD, but could benefit another year behind TJ.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3517197]I'd rather let THomas go... I know the guy stays healthy and never fumbles, but skill wise he is not a great player. It was also pretty clear that Greene had moved so far above Jones as well by the end of the year.

The biggest reason however is the fact that he'll be 32. This position is just a young guys position. Running backs hit those ages and they simply fall off... They all do. Father time is undefeated, especially at that position.[/QUOTE]

the truth sucks in this case but you are correct... the guy is in iron man shape but the age is definitly why most teams are overlooking him... he should have just took the salary hit to stay with us... gotta blame his agent for all this in my opinion...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3517241]Money... It's almost always about the money.[/QUOTE]
    Yup. It's the reason he's not on the Jets anymore.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3517190]Chiefs scheduled former Jets RB Thomas Jones to visit KC on Monday.
    about 4 hours ago
    via UberTwitter

Would like to see the Jets match KC's offer if they make one. They're not going to offer a lot, and he'd be #2 there behind Jamal Charles so all things considered I think he'd come back if we match.[/QUOTE]

No thanks.

Let has-been Pioli overpay for TJ like he did for Matt Cassel. If I'm a Chiefs fan I'm throwing next year's season tickets in the garbage. 4-12 here they come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand TJ's pride and wanting his last big payday but he will certainly end his career quickly if he signs with KC. If he is smart he will test the waters then see if the Jets are willing to give him a competitive contract. Running behind our line and being part of a 3 headed attack would take a ton of pressure off of him and probably extend his career a season or so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's really going after that ring.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3517234]why the hell would he go to kc?[/QUOTE]

Why would he return to the Jets?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    THIS WAS THE TIME TO LET JONES GO!

He has been great for us but no way you can sign this guy to a big contract what-so-ever at his age. He will start wearing down and the Jets will look like geniuses for parting ways at the right time. We got what we could out of Jones.

We will still be running the ball 65% of the time. Someone else will be getting those 1400 yards. It Washington is close to where he was pre-injury we will be fine. Draft another RB late and give them some late carries.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3517602]THIS WAS THE TIME TO LET JONES GO!

He has been great for us but no way you can sign this guy to a big contract what-so-ever at his age. He will start wearing down and the Jets will look like geniuses for parting ways at the right time. We got what we could out of Jones.

We will still be running the ball 65% of the time. Someone else will be getting those 1400 yards. It Washington is close to where he was pre-injury we will be fine. Draft another RB late and give them some late carries.[/QUOTE]

Or we can sign Larry Johnson to a 1 year deal. He averaged 4.4 ypc once he finally got behind a real O-line in Cincy last year. He can still be effective especially behind our O-line and only having to be a part time back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cack89;3517205]Let him go, move on, if he wants to be all about the $ then go to KC, or he can swallow his pride, and come back here where he can possibly win a SB and have some success[/QUOTE]

Gotta love all the SB talk. If Pats didn't already have 3 ancients in their backfield, I'd say bring him in for a look.

All the SB talk hinges on Sanchize improving over last year. Tougher schedule won't make it easier for the kid.

Red Light-Yellow Light - Green Light doesn't instill confidence.:eek:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3517634]Gotta love all the SB talk. If Pats didn't already have 3 ancients in their backfield, I'd say bring him in for a look.

All the SB talk hinges on Sanchize improving over last year. Tougher schedule won't make it easier for the kid.

Red Light-Yellow Light - Green Light doesn't instill confidence.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you play the stock market but that little red arrow pointing down beside the Patriots logo is not a good thing. :yes:

The best part of free agency right now is that the Patriots have tried to get a few big names and none of them wanted to play for them. You can say it is all about the money but the truth is guys are not wanting to play for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3517582]Why would he return to the Jets?[/QUOTE]

GFY!