Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good News on the Rhodes "deal"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517311]What did we give up for Edwards??[/QUOTE]

Eric Mangini !!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517313]3rd and 5th but we have the Eagles 5th.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes now I remember..:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517306]Yea.

So it just hit me that the Cardinals will have Rhodes and Wilson as their starting safeties...and we get a 4th round pick in return.

That's going to be the best big safety duo in the league...[/QUOTE]

Dont worry bc I have a feeling the jets are going to draft someone like MAYS, [B]CHURCH 6'1 222 [/B]lbs.:yes: or maybe even CHANCELLOR 6'3 230 lbs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not happy losing Kerry Rhodes or a bunch of other things so far! We can not afford to be giving players away when we're trying to win a championship. He would have been incredible backup and YES, you need backups to win, look at NT & RB Last year, exactly what I posted before the season last year happened!

Please Get Darren Sharper, Adalius Thomas is available last I heard, we need some serious leadership, chips on our shoulders and killer instinct. Bring in guys that have MOUNTAINS on their shoulders, like getting TJ back and picking up depth at the same time, like LT for low money and a chance to win a ring!

Pick up a talented cut QB to tutor Sanchez like Delhomme, or?

JETS BRASS: PSL's? We need to get over the hump. We're tired of getting close every 5-10 years, it's time to keep OUR talent and ADD more!

Wr - MARSHALL! Nothing else needs to be said. Pay them under the table, or whatever you need to do. Don't lose anyone we have, period! ; ) Breaston from the Cards, as well as our guys. Vincent Jackson?

How about a couple of new NT, without losing any of ours, maybe getting one next door, from the Giants?! They got Rolle, we should have gotten him! G-men are willing to go get more help and we're giving it away for 4th and 7th? Please, don't start this "not our type of player" *&*&! We can NOT afford to lose talent, speed, ball hawking ability for low picks. We need DEPTH! How Dumervile,

We need a Stud Punter, so we can pin people. Koenen or Jon from Seattle?

This is a good team that can be great, but we can NOT afford to lose anyone.

Needs: DL, P, LB, WR, RB, S, CB, Backup QB,

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3517314]Eric Mangini !!![/QUOTE]

Very good. :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3517323]I'm not happy losing Kerry Rhodes or a bunch of other things so far! We can not afford to be giving players away when we're trying to win a championship. He would have been incredible backup and YES, you need backups to win, look at NT & RB Last year, exactly what I posted before the season last year happened!

Please Get Darren Sharper, Adalius Thomas is available last I heard, we need some serious leadership, chips on our shoulders and killer instinct. Bring in guys that have MOUNTAINS on their shoulders, like getting TJ back and picking up depth at the same time, like LT for low money and a chance to win a ring!

JETS BRASS: PSL's? We need to get over the hump. We're tired of getting close every 5-10 years, it's time to keep OUR talent and ADD more!

Wr - MARSHALL! Nothing else needs to be said. Pay them under the table, or whatever you need to do. Don't lose anyone we have, period! ; ) Breaston from the Cards, as well as our guys. Vincent Jackson?

How about a couple of new NT, without losing any of ours, maybe getting one next door, from the Giants?! They got Rolle, we should have gotten him! G-men are willing to go get more help and we're giving it away for 4th and 7th? Please, don't start this "not our type of player" *&*&! We can NOT afford to lose talent, speed, ball hawking ability for low picks. We need DEPTH! How Dumervile,

Needs: DL, P, LB, WR, RB, S, CB, Backup QB,[/QUOTE]

Cool, love your plan.

If only we had 15 draft picks in the first round, 200 million in cap room, and no restrictions in the league whatsoever.

Hell, let's not stop there, let's just reshuffle the entire league, Madden style, we have the first and last pick in every round, and we can make trades with whoever we need to get stud players at every position!!!!

2010 can't start soon enough!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3517323]I'm not happy losing Kerry Rhodes or a bunch of other things so far! We can not afford to be giving players away when we're trying to win a championship. He would have been incredible backup and YES, you need backups to win, look at NT & RB Last year, exactly what I posted before the season last year happened!

Well they couldn't get it done could they???
    Carrie Rhodes was a liability,
    TJ hit the wall,
    I'm guessing those are pretty much the 2 you're unhappy with.
    Rhodes is WAY overrated. We did very good in removing this distraction.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517298]5th to the Redskins for Montgomery.[/QUOTE]

+1
    Our 5th is the last pick of thr round

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO it will be Lowery at Safety, Drafting a CB in the second (Brandon Ghee out of Wake Forest).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    when Mr Softie was benched for fighting with Thurman and whiffing on tackles your grandmother could easily make, Eric Smith played his position and did just fine. He tackled people and wasn't that horrible in coverage. In fact, Mr Softie for all his reputation was pretty awful in coverage arriving way too late in deep coverage most of the time or not at all. Maybe it was because he was thinking about his movie career, maybe he was tweeting during the play or whatever but IMO Smith was just as good if not better when given the opportunity because of Mr Softie's benching.

Maybe it was Rex and Pettine and Thurman's view too.

Who knows.... another bad apple gone, exiled to Bidwell-land where he will never get another big contract like the one he was resting his laurels and his inflated ego on with the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsPT;3517257]I really hope that's true and that we aren't planning to start Eric Smith…guy is a great tackler, but we need a better athlete in coverage.[/QUOTE]

t.i.t my friend....

Trust In Tanny. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow..is that all.:eek: Sharper is 35 years old and Thomas is 32. Pass on both of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Tanny has a plan. And that is to sign or trade for a starter at FS before the draft. That acquisition may be just a low-money stop-gap guy, but it would allow Tanny to go into the Draft with a BAP mind-set.

Before everyone gets crazy about a "stop-gap" guy at Free Safety, please remember, Kerry Rhodes was IMO a below average player last year. The player that starts for us probably will be an improvement just based on the fact that Rex will work with him from the git-go. It's obvious that Rex had to live with Rhodes, 'cause he had no choice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a sedative friend. I like your passion, but relax. Every team goes through changes. The Jets know what they're doing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517306]Yea.

So it just hit me that the Cardinals will have Rhodes and Wilson as their starting safeties...and we get a 4th round pick in return.

That's going to be the best big safety duo in the league...[/QUOTE]

rhodes sucks plain and simple ...did u forget all the posts about him all year?? hes a very soft prima donna who were lucky we got 2 picks for!! hes on another team now and hes part of the best tandem in league?? come on..he hasnt done anything in 2 years and has blamed 2 different head coaches for his failure..good riddance!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3517385]when[B] Mr Softie [/B]was benched for fighting with Thurman and whiffing on tackles your grandmother could easily make, Eric Smith played his position and did just fine. He tackled people and wasn't that horrible in coverage. In fact, [B]Mr Softie[/B] for all his reputation was pretty awful in coverage arriving way too late in deep coverage most of the time or not at all. Maybe it was because he was thinking about his movie career, maybe he was tweeting during the play or whatever but IMO Smith was just as good if not better when given the opportunity because of[B]:yes:[/B]benching.

Maybe it was Rex and Pettine and Thurman's view too.

Who knows.... another bad apple gone, exiled to Bidwell-land where he will never get another big contract like the one he was resting his laurels and his inflated ego on with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3517284]Very interesting question you bring up.

I'll tell you why...

Because if he doesnt trade for a safety NOW (prior to the Draft), then everyone knows the Jets will be drafting a safety in Round #1. The one thing Tanny hates is for his competitors to know exactly what he is about to do.
    What if Mayes et al are gone by pick #29 in Rd #1? Then we are screwed. Tanny is much too smart to be left in that situation...He is working a back-up plan right now as we speak...I'm sure of it.

And Again, no way Eric Smith is that back-up plan. He just isnt good enough in coverage to start for This Very Special Defense. No way...[/QUOTE]ok, two points...why is this trade 'bizarre' and why do we have to draft a safety in 1st rd?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3517309]Please dont EVER compare Eric Smith to either Leonhard or Landry again. Please! I'm telling you, watch the tapes. He cant cover a cripple. You have just insulted 2 fine ball-players with that comment. They will come looking for you...:D[/QUOTE]

Great point.Eric Smith is a screw-up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

While we are at it, why dont we sign all of the big named free agents. I mean after all, its not like there is a cap or anything so go and get them all.

Trade this years first to the Giants for Rolle.

Next years first for Brandon Marshall.

Darren Sharper.... 4 years at 35 million.

Atoguwe or whatever his name is.... 6 years and 45 million.

Dare I continue?

I mean... according to you, what DONT we need? Trading Rhodes away should not be such a big impact overall. Not in my opinion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://www.slashgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/madden_10.jpg[/IMG]