Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good News on the Rhodes "deal"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3517323]We need a Stud Punter[/QUOTE]

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryan10;3517452]rhodes sucks plain and simple ...[B]did u forget all the posts about him all year??[/B] hes a very soft prima donna who were lucky we got 2 picks for!! hes on another team now and hes part of the best tandem in league?? come on..he hasnt done anything in 2 years and has blamed 2 different head coaches for his failure..good riddance!![/QUOTE]

No, just filed them under "Jets fans being Jets fans." Kind of like this post....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517256]I don't it's March more then a month away from the Draft why do we need a Safety right now??[/QUOTE]

spot on

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517483]No, just filed them under "Jets fans being Jets fans." Kind of like this post....[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0rGNLd6tdw&feature=youtube_gdata[/url]

Enjoy!

;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517256]I don't it's March more then a month away from the Draft why do we need a Safety right now??[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Savage its only early March let walk some of these Jets fans off the ledge.

Kerry "Hollywood" Rhodes is not a pro bowl player except in Kerry Rhodes's mind.

I have read post that this is comparable to the Pete Kendall situation and this is nothing even close. Kendall forced his way out during training camp. So late in training camp (August 23, 2007) it was so hard to replace a starting guard so close to the regular season. At the time the Jets did not want the corrupt the locker room then he already did. He was going to make the start of 2007 a circus. So the Jets cut bait. The o-line in 2007 was not a strong line it had 2 young up and coming lineman and Kendall, so losing Kendall hurt at that particular time and Kendall used this as leverage and forced his way to Washington.

This situation with Rhodes pales to compare to the Pete Kendall situation in many ways.

1) Rhodes is not a key cog to the Jets as Kendall was to the Jets at the time. Kendall was the tutor and veteran to teach young lineman. Rhodes is not a tutor or anybody we want our younger players to look up to with his "Hollywood" image especially Cromartie and his good friend Braylon Edwards.
    2) Rhodes at best is an average safety. He is not a good tackler and he was not a play maker. Look at the play against the Dolphins where Tedd Ginn burned the Jets it was Rhodes who missed over the top coverage.
    3) Rhodes is not an example we want our young players to follow.
    4) It is not even Mid March and there are still:
    a) free agents that the Jets could get
    b) Trades that Mike Tannenbaum could pull off.
    c) Draft.
    d) Waivers.

Kerry Rhodes was excellent at one thing and that was promoting himself and living off his promising start early in his career. He can be replaced quite easily and I am sure this is Jets plan once last season ended. Lets have a little faith in Mr. T. and let this play out. Its early March lots can happen. It is not the end of August and not such a key cog to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]2) Rhodes at best is an average safety[/QUOTE]

Rotfl no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517507]Rotfl no.[/QUOTE]

Why has Rhodes done to prove he is better then average at best?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3517503]Exactly. Savage its only early March let walk some of these Jets fans off the ledge.

Kerry "Hollywood" Rhodes is not a pro bowl player except in Kerry Rhodes's mind.

I have read post that this is comparable to the Pete Kendall situation and this is nothing even close. Kendall forced his way out during training camp. So late in training camp (August 23, 2007) it was so hard to replace a starting guard so close to the regular season. At the time the Jets did not want the corrupt the locker room then he already did. He was going to make the start of 2007 a circus. So the Jets cut bait. The o-line in 2007 was not a strong line it had 2 young up and coming lineman and Kendall, so losing Kendall hurt at that particular time and Kendall used this as leverage and forced his way to Washington.

This situation with Rhodes pales to compare to the Pete Kendall situation in many ways.

1) Rhodes is not a key cog to the Jets as Kendall was to the Jets at the time. Kendall was the tutor and veteran to teach young lineman. Rhodes is not a tutor or anybody we want our younger players to look up to with his "Hollywood" image especially Cromartie and his good friend Braylon Edwards.
    2) Rhodes at best is an average safety. He is not a good tackler and he was not a play maker. Look at the play against the Dolphins where Tedd Ginn burned the Jets it was Rhodes who missed over the top coverage.
    3) Rhodes is not an example we want our young players to follow.
    4) It is not even Mid March and there are still:
    a) free agents that the Jets could get
    b) Trades that Mike Tannenbaum could pull off.
    c) Draft.
    d) Waivers.

Kerry Rhodes was excellent at one thing and that was promoting himself and living off his promising start early in his career. He can be replaced quite easily and I am sure this is Jets plan once last season ended. Lets have a little faith in Mr. T. and let this play out. Its early March lots can happen. It is not the end of August and not such a key cog to the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Good points in all.

So, we traded a starter that either wasn't nearly as good as the hype (we got what he was worth) or there was something that bad going on with him that Tanny needed to ship him fast. Weird being that I read Tanny allegedly stated KR would be a Jet this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out somewhere down the road that there was some recent specific event that triggered the sudden trade. KR effed up some way and was forced out the door in short order?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsPT;3517257]I really hope that's true and that we aren't planning to start Eric Smith…guy is a great tackler, but we need a better athlete in coverage.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517302]We have a 5th rd pick??[/QUOTE]

Yes..The Eagles. Eagles get Jets 4th. Lito deal..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3517510]Why has Rhodes done to prove he is better then average at best?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Are you high? Christ are memories really that short and selective nowadays?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3517503]

Kerry Rhodes was excellent at one thing and that was promoting himself and living off his promising start early in his career. He can be replaced quite easily and I am sure this is Jets plan once last season ended. Lets have a little faith in Mr. T. and let this play out. Its early March lots can happen. It is not the end of August and not such a key cog to the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Rex brought in 3 players that knew his system Leonhard was the DB that made sure players were in the proper position.. I remember one play where Leonhard was frantically trying to reset Rhodes but Hollywood wasn't even looking at him and the play went for big yardage.. Rhodes wanted to do his thing and even fought with Coach Thurman.. It was time for Kerry to get closer to Hollywood..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya..

Where was all this panic when the Jets cut Strickland. Aren't the Jets naked at the nickel CB position? My goodness who is going to play nickel in the
    Jets next game - 5 months from now.

Tony Richardson is a FA. Aren't the Jets naked at the FB position?

Panic in Florham Park right now. I tell you Tanny and Rex are running around in a complete state of panic. Ok, maybe Rex isn't running but he's lumbering fast...lol
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-07-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3517525]I hear ya..

Where was all this panic when the Jets cut Strickland. Aren't the Jets naked at the nickel CB position? My goodness who is going to play nickel in the
    Jets next game - 5 months from now.

Tony Richardson is a FA. Aren't the Jets naked at the FB position?[/QUOTE]

The Chicken Little Brigade is on the March in March..:P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517528]The Chicken Little Brigade is on the March in March..:P[/QUOTE]

Nothing a little Gibril won't solve

[IMG]http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/79497125.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588F3D508B533B00625C1DB90920B9D2F03BD751879CF9EEBC1[/IMG]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    eric smith isn't even a stop-gap measure. just remember, the only reason he started in rhodes place was to try and light a fire under rhodes' ass, which worked for 1 game. Smith was used much more at OLB than at safety during the season b/c he WASN'T athletic enough to play safety! we def need something else there, but no way Tanny makes that deal without having something else in mind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frostlich;3517513]Good points in all.

So, we traded a starter that either wasn't nearly as good as the hype (we got what he was worth) or there was something that bad going on with him that Tanny needed to ship him fast. Weird being that I read Tanny allegedly stated KR would be a Jet this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out somewhere down the road that there was some recent specific event that triggered the sudden trade. KR effed up some way and was forced out the door in short order?[/QUOTE]

I think that event happened during the regular season when he was benched and the specifics I agree are not known yet. I really feel that Mr. T. has a plan and was looking for his best partner to trade Rhodes to. After the Cards lost Rolle that partner appeared and Mr. T took his best deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517524]Rex brought in 3 players that knew his system Leonhard was the DB that made sure players were in the proper position.. I remember one play where Leonhard was frantically trying to reset Rhodes but Hollywood wasn't even looking at him and the play went for big yardage.. Rhodes wanted to do his thing and even fought with Coach Thurman.. It was time for Kerry to get closer to Hollywood..[/QUOTE]

I agree, for a player who was not great he sure felt like he was great and this really effected his game. I am confident the Jets will be better at the position with out Kerry Rhodes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3517374]Well they couldn't get it done could they???
    Carrie Rhodes was a liability,
    TJ hit the wall,
    I'm guessing those are pretty much the 2 you're unhappy with.
    Rhodes is WAY overrated. We did very good in removing this distraction.[/QUOTE]If you thought Rhodes was a diva wait till the queen diva gets here(Cro), Cro and Braylon teamed up together in the clubs of NY....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517519]Seriously? Are you high? Christ are memories really that short and selective nowadays?[/QUOTE]

My memories are Rhodes playing 20 yards off the line of scimage and taking himself out of plays.