Thread: Too many moves??

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Too many moves??

Does anyone else think that maybe we are being a little TOO aggressive right now?? I remember seeing this after we lost to the Steelers in that famous Doug Brien game. All we heard all that off-season was how the Jets were the Superbowl favorites…then we went 4-12.

I am just worried that by releasing some our mainstays like TJ and Rhodes, that we are trying to change up and our chemistry will be messed up. I thought we had a pretty good formula last year and we didn't need to make too many moves.

I just hate losing Rhodes for only a 4th round pick, and I hope Tanny is just going to use that pick to grab a solid replacement. I am praying we can re-sign TJ, and stop messing with our chemistry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like the Jets to be more aggressive and start in on signing Mangold, DBrick, and Revis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

TRUST

I see what you are saying but there is only one word I go by with Tanny, Rex and company...TRUST. A little blind faith can go a long way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many moves? They are moving on and trying to improve the team.

TJ is a wonderful leader blabla, but he's old and a product of the line. You can't hang on to guys just because you think they are good for the players. There are plenty of other veterans who can step up and be leaders.

Rhodes was good but obviously Rex and him didn't see eye to eye and moved on. What can ya do.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsPT;3517254]Does anyone else think that maybe we are being a little TOO aggressive right now?? I remember seeing this after we lost to the Steelers in that famous Doug Brien game. All we heard all that off-season was how the Jets were the Superbowl favorites…then we went 4-12.

I am just worried that by releasing some our mainstays like TJ and Rhodes, that we are trying to change up and our chemistry will be messed up. I thought we had a pretty good formula last year and we didn't need to make too many moves.

I just hate losing Rhodes for only a 4th round pick, and I hope Tanny is just going to use that pick to grab a solid replacement. I am praying we can re-sign TJ, and stop messing with our chemistry.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Posted the same concerns a couple of threads down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsPT;3517254]Does anyone else think that maybe we are being a little TOO aggressive right now?? I remember seeing this after we lost to the Steelers in that famous Doug Brien game. All we heard all that off-season was how the Jets were the Superbowl favorites…then we went 4-12.

I just hate losing Rhodes for only a 4th round pick, and I hope Tanny is just going to use that pick to grab a solid replacement. I am praying we can re-sign TJ, and stop messing with our chemistry.[/QUOTE]

NO! the jets are addressing their issues just like every other team. The jets needed a CB bad and they got one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    too many moves??

what

like replacing Lito Sheppard with a much better cornerback and saving 10 million bucks

and not spending 7 million on your backup running back position

and ridding the team of Tweety who was benched this season for fighting with the coaching staff and at least getting something for him rather than the outright release he deserved

MORE MOVES, REX AND MR T

making the Jets better with every one IMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3517270]I see what you are saying but there is only one word I go by with Tanny, Rex and company...TRUST. A little blind faith can go a long way.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. On paper the deal doesn't look that great but we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. They have made so many good moves in recent years that I also completely trust them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They seem to be making all the right moves to me.
    I think they might even make some more!
    And what the he!! are we supposed to do with those 6 draft picks?
    They have no idea what they are doing! :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOT ENOUGH MOVES, TANNY GET IT DONE, IT= WHATEVER IT NEEDS TO EQUAL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie got traded for a third. Boldin and a 5th for a 3rd and a 4th. The value is what it is man, just get over it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    MORE MORE MORE, HOPEFULLY ANOTHER BEFORE NOON I WANT TO EAT A HEALTHY SLICE OF CONTENTMENT AND ORDER A NEW JERSEY....

Already burned the other jersey

[IMG]http://memegenerator.net/File/ImageMacro/659348.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3517392]too many moves??

what

like replacing Lito Sheppard with a much better cornerback and saving 10 million bucks

and ridding the team of Tweety who was benched this season for fighting with the coaching staff and at least getting something for him rather than the outright release he deserved

MORE MOVES, REX AND MR T

making the Jets better with every one IMO[/QUOTE]

I agree.

And one of the posters said that all we got for Rhodes was a 4th round pick. Lest we (he) forget there were TWO picks being returned to us, not one.
    Tanny will turn one or both of those two picks into something else. He is so darned creative....Let's wait until the wheeling and dealing is done and when the dust settles we can true-up what transpired and then evaluate the end result. My feeling is we'll be a better team in the end. Which of course is the goal, right?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3517392]too many moves??

what

MORE MOVES, REX AND MR T

making the Jets better with every one IMO[/QUOTE]
    Best post of the day so far

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not saying that I think the moves are bad..I actually think they are good for our team. All I am trying to say is that TJ and Kerry have been part of this Jets turn around since Mangini took over. I like what Rex and Tanny are doing, but you don't see playoff staples like the Steelers, Pats, and Colts making giant moves as soon as free agency starts. I like Tanny's aggressiveness about getting the players he wants, but sometimes its better to sit back when you already have a really solid team.

I was just so pumped how last season ended, that I don't want our chances to decrease by getting rid of players that were very influential for us. Just me being worried, Tanny and Rex, do your thing..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsPT;3517978]I am not saying that I think the moves are bad..I actually think they are good for our team. All I am trying to say is that TJ and Kerry have been part of this Jets turn around since Mangini took over. I like what Rex and Tanny are doing, but you don't see playoff staples like the Steelers, Pats, and Colts making giant moves as soon as free agency starts. I like Tanny's aggressiveness about getting the players he wants, but sometimes its better to sit back when you already have a really solid team.

I was just so pumped how last season ended, that I don't want our chances to decrease by getting rid of players that were very influential for us. Just me being worried, Tanny and Rex, do your thing..[/QUOTE]

Try not to worry so much, this song relaxes me

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCfQVo2xww"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCfQVo2xww[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3517633]I agree.

And one of the posters said that all we got for Rhodes was a 4th round pick. Lest we (he) forget there were TWO picks being returned to us, not one.
    Tanny will turn one or both of those two picks into something else. He is so darned creative....Let's wait until the wheeling and dealing is done and when the dust settles we can true-up what transpired and then evaluate the end result. My feeling is we'll be a better team in the end. Which of course is the goal, right?[/QUOTE]

Teddy you need to stop living in your cartoon world