Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why didnt Tanny try to trade Rhodes for Boldin straight up days ago?

Why didnt Tanny try to trade Rhodes for Boldin straight up days ago?

I think This would have been a better trade for the Jets. With a 4th you hope to catch lightning in a bottle with Boldin you add another proven weapon and improve the offense allowing the Jets ton spend the entire draft on defense. They let Boldin go for a 4th Im sure if the Jets pull the trigger with arizona days ago they might have gone for it.

Because we don't need a Boldin.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517300]Because we don't need a Boldin.[/QUOTE]

I agree! It wouldn't be good chemistry with Edwards AND Boldin.. Boldin wants more $$, when Edwards (tendered 1st and 3rd compensation) is ALSO up for a new contract. I'd rather sign a proven veteran from the street. Say Lavernues Coles?? Although Boldin>Coles, Coles has played in Schottenheimer's system 2 seasons ago and he would be a 3rd down WR and mentor to Edwards.

All Pro
    Because we dont need another slow reciever.. we need SPEED

Boldin/Marshall/any big name WR after Edwards would be a Madden move.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517308]Boldin/Marshall/any big name WR after Edwards would be a Madden move.[/QUOTE]

Madden Move? Braylon has Proven what exactly to even make you even think he is a big Name WR? dude is 1 more bad year away from being out league.

[QUOTE=Hydro22;3517312]Madden Move? Braylon has Proven what exactly to even make you even think he is a big Name WR? [B]dude is 1 more bad year away from being out league.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not really, but we do play it that way with this team...everything's bigger than it is.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517315]Not really, but we do play it that way with this team...everything's bigger than it is.[/QUOTE]

You think WR's that cant catch stick around in this league? why do think tanny wont commit to him outside of 1 year deals?

Picking up Boldin for Rhodes would have been a great move for us. Dont listen to any of these wise-guys. Then signing Boldin to the expensive long-term contract must have been the issue for Tanny.
    Just like we HAVENT done that with Edwards yet either. He has only 1 year left.

[QUOTE=Hydro22;3517320]You think WR's that cant catch stick around in this league? [B]why do think tanny wont commit to him outside of 1 year deals?[/B][/QUOTE]

Because he's not stupid? Edwards isn't without risk, but every non-elite WR is. He's closer to being a top WR than he is being out of the league.

We need a Slot WR. Edwards and Cotchery are the starters..so if Boldin comes, we put Cotchery on the bench?Edwards? Jets aren't just going to start playing 3 WR sets and sling it all over.

Tanny doesn't have to do anything with Edwards contract yet, why sign to a long term deal when they can let him play this year out, see how he improves or not and take it from there. They obviously want him around if they put him on the highest tender possible.

All this offense has to do to get better is for Sanchez to improve.

1) Because he didn't want to pay Boldin 7+ million a year?

2) Because if you have 3 WR's with the resume of Boldin, Edwards, and Cotchery, one of them is going to be disgruntled when they're no longer a starter.

3) Boldin is good for the 12 games a year he plays, unfortunately, he's injured for the other 4. I don't get the impression that Rex/Tanny like non-durable players very much, that's why Lito and Strickland are gone.

4) In terms of X's and O's, who plays the slot out of that bunch? They've all made their living on the outsides.

Pick your favorite.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3517334]1) Because he didn't want to pay Boldin 7+ million a year?

2) Because if you have 3 WR's with the resume of Boldin, Edwards, and Cotchery, one of them is going to be disgruntled when they're no longer a starter.

3) Boldin is good for the 12 games a year he plays, unfortunately, he's injured for the other 4. I don't get the impression that Rex/Tanny like non-durable players very much, that's why Lito and Strickland are gone.

4) In terms of X's and O's, who plays the slot out of that bunch? They've all made their living on the outsides.

Pick your favorite.[/QUOTE]

Cotchery Can play any WR spot of the field. He has experience at all 3 spots.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3517330]We need a Slot WR. Edwards and Cotchery are the starters..so if Boldin comes, we put Cotchery on the bench?Edwards? Jets aren't just going to start playing 3 WR sets and sling it all over.

[B]Tanny doesn't have to do anything with Edwards contract yet, why sign to a long term deal when they can let him play this year out, see how he improves or not and take it from there.[/B] They obviously want him around if they put him on the highest tender possible.

All this offense has to do to get better is for Sanchez to improve.[/QUOTE]

Just Proves my Point Braylon is far from a TOP WR in this league Right now. you dont need to see if Top Players improve.

[QUOTE=Hydro22;3517336]Just Proves my Point Braylon is far from a TOP WR in this league Right now. you dont need to see if Top Players improve.[/QUOTE]

I thought your point was that another bad year and he's out of the league?

Braylon Edwards and our starting WR corps are the least of the teams worries. They probably want a slot guy, but I doubt they're losing sleep over that one.

The jets dont need Boldin bc he is a possession WR. The jets need another vertical threat. Someone who can stretch the field and go over the middle.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517342]I thought your point was that another bad year and he's out of the league?

Braylon Edwards and our starting WR corps are the least of the teams worries. They probably want a slot guy, but I doubt they're losing sleep over that one.[/QUOTE]

listen im not gonna go crazy with this. if you want to think Braylon is a elite/top WR Fine thats on you...imo he isnt even close.. i hope he comes along though. i got tired of dropped TD passes every week.

if you think the jets arent looking for more playmakers ur dreaming. the Danny Woodhead switch was a desperate Attempt to get some type of Production out the slot. i doubt Woodhead is gonna be our #3 WR this year.

All League
    $ - plain and simple

You can't pay three WR's 6+ million a year.

This was about unloading Rhodes' contract so we can pay Revis. Rhodes didn't fit and was making a lot money.

All League
    They didn't trade Rhodes for Boldin because they are obviously looking for a new Saftey in return

regards to one reciever being disgruntled if they signed boldin,my response ? to fn bad, get over it and play football. if you are the best you will get the ball if not the lions always look to sign a wr give them a call