Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Silly Fickle Jets Fan.

[QUOTE=Starkweather;3517691]Like Kerry or not, think he's soft or not... Look at it this way dude...

Do you really want a guy playing for this team who doesnt want to and/or the coach doesnt want?

Fact is Rhodes is not the player he was before he got his BIG contract. Tanny and Rex both saw he was underachieving and they took the opportunity, with the uncapped year to get rid of his contract with no penalties. Sure, they only got a 4th, but this is a stacked draft, and they wouldn't have been able to resign guys like Revis/Mangold/Brick/Harris with Rhodes giant contract looming over them. The dude wasnt on the top of his game... he hasn't been since 3 seasons ago.... it was time to cut ties and move on.[/QUOTE]

These are the reasons I'll like the trade when and if (and only if) we get a good safety talent. Preferably someone who can cover like Rhodes and play the LOS like Rhodes could.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517697]These are the reasons I'll like the trade when and if (and only if) we get a good safety talent. Preferably someone who can cover like Rhodes and play the LOS like Rhodes could.[/QUOTE]

Liking a trade is not something that happens the next day. Its about results anyone crying triumph or defeat now is reactionary and shortsighted.

[QUOTE=operaguy;3517712]Liking a trade is not something that happens the next day. Its about results anyone crying triumph or defeat now is [B]reactionary and shortsighted.[/B][/QUOTE]

I just pick my moments to be those things. Jets fans are like that allllll the time. I'm allowed my 5 minutes.

I realize we'll probably fill the hole in due time and life will go on. I realize they didn't stop making safeties. It doesn't make this trade seem any better right now.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517697]These are the reasons I'll like the trade when and if (and only if) we get a good safety talent. Preferably someone who can cover like Rhodes and play the LOS like Rhodes could.[/QUOTE]

I got a gut feeling that Sharper will be the guy we get... and honestly I'd be fine with Smith and Lowery taking over the duties. Smith is better in run support(and a harder hitter)... and I've said it for years, Lowery is not a man-to-man guy... but I think he'd strive as a safety(he does have a nose for the ball). Plus... the addition of a great man-to-man guy like Cro will really soften up the need for a cover safety. Rex knows what he's doing... you guys need to trust that.

All League
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;3517430]Two days ago Tanny and Ryan are gods and brilliant for the Cromartie move. Now all of a sudden after having a history of making great moves Tanny and Rex have lost touch and pretty much suck.
    Guys grow up be patient and realize they know what they can and cant get. I am pretty certain that if they could have gotten a 2 or 3 for Rhodes they would have but the rest of the NFL doesnt live on this board or hype up Jets players as much as we do. The Cardinals cut Rolle who is better then Rhodes. They cut him! We didnt want him and honestly we dont need him and we got a 4th out of the deal. Wake up people[/QUOTE]

Exactly. A lot of people on here need to consider the distinct possibility that maybe, just MAYBE, the GM, coaches, front office etc know more about what's going on, and actually have well thought out reasons for what they did.

And maybe (this is a stretch, but stay with me) they are not in the positions they are in because they make moves that any douchebag with iMac in his mom's basement in Freeport can assess as "stupid" within 5 minutes of it being reported.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WWalker85;3517743]Exactly. A lot of people on here need to consider the distinct possibility that maybe, just MAYBE, the GM, coaches, front office etc know more about what's going on, and actually have well thought out reasons for what they did.

And maybe (this is a stretch, but stay with me) they are not in the positions they are in because they make moves that any douchebag with iMac in his mom's basement in Freeport can assess as "stupid" within 5 minutes of it being reported.[/QUOTE]

What's hilarious was after Kendall fiasco the Chicken Little Brigade cried no free agents will ever sign with the Jets.. Then after they did they complained about the same free agents they wanted but would never sign with us.. Kids :rolleyes:

Carrie's failures were even more amplified given the year Revis had, and him basically having to worry about only half the field, I can count numerous games where the end zone cam shows Carrie reading the QB's eyes before the pass and then taking off 5 minutes after the QB throws the ball right to where he was looking. Carrie turned into a read and react-too-slow player, which is fine but not in this defense. We wanna ground and pound on D too.

This year I saw him make about 12 tackles with his back. We need a menace back there, Rex is used to having a menace back there..we will get a menace.