Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gibril anybody?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Gibril anybody?

He's been cut so no need to lose draft picks, maybe not the best Safety out there, but I have to believe he's an upgrade over Eric Smith but we could still draft an Earl Thomas type talent if they fell to us in the draft.

Thoughts...

In case I wasn't specific enough I'm talking about Gibril Wilson..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's awful.

No.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3517478]He's awful.

No.[/QUOTE]

Do you expect me to believe he's worse than Lowry and Smith? Maybe Wilson hasn't been good of late, but at least he's had successes, he wasn't bad with the Giants. Rather the has been than a bunch of never was' and what happened to optimism that Rex can make any player good?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would cringe if Lowery or Eric Smith got the role either, but Gibril Wilson is not any better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3517478]He's awful.

No.[/QUOTE]

I heard he goes to the Opera on Sundays............

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3517493]I heard he goes to the Opera on Sundays............[/QUOTE]

Gibril loves my rendition of La calunia but thats irrelevant. I'd much rather have Bethea or Eric Berry but at the end of the day lets try be practical. Gibril while not ideal is an improvement over Smith or Lowry, I don't think there's much disputing that.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sUjXc2ni4E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sUjXc2ni4E[/URL]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you want the guy, Miami was horrible against the pass and he was a big reason why.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3517533]Why would you want the guy, Miami was horrible against the pass and he was a big reason why.[/QUOTE]

I know someone else who doesn't want us to get him

[IMG]http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/79497125.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588F3D508B533B00625C1DB90920B9D2F03BD751879CF9EEBC1[/IMG]

Anyone who doesn't want him is defending Tom Brady.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe you are serious, the guy sucks and is a huge liability against the pass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3517537]Can't believe you are serious, the guy sucks and is a huge liability against the pass.[/QUOTE]

Listen I understand your concern but no need for an argumentum ad hominem, we'll see what happens I'm not saying he's the best option but he's certainly one to consider, and I think he could be had cheap after his past two contracts. What it comes down to is the man can play in NY so why not bring him back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atogwe or a Safety at 61 please.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3517551]Atogwe or a Safety at 61 please.[/QUOTE]

+10000

Exactly, or Gibril Wilson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3517550]Listen I understand your concern but no need for an argumentum ad hominem, we'll see what happens I'm not saying he's the best option but he's certainly one to consider, and I think he could be had cheap after his past two contracts. What it comes down to is the man can play in NY so why not bring him back.[/QUOTE]

Just saying he would be a horrible choice because the guy is garbage. I'll take a lot of safeties that we could get before the season over him. He would be one of the last options.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3517559]Just saying he would be a horrible choice because the guy is garbage. I'll take a lot of safeties that we could get before the season over him. He would be one of the last options.[/QUOTE]

List ten practical options over Gibril, ones were draft picks aren't lost or used...

Just saying...:rolleyes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Where are all the Pats* fans?!??! [/B]OH! YOU SAID GIBRIL, NOT GERBIL!!! My bad! :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3517590][B]Where are all the Pats* fans?!??! [/B]OH! YOU SAID GIBRIL, NOT GERBIL!!! My bad! :D[/QUOTE]

HA, almost as funny as these crybabies who miss Rhodes

[IMG]http://memegenerator.net/File/ImageMacro/659361.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've perhaps made this thread more polarizing than I would have liked to. All I'm saying is going into the draft with Gibril is better than going into the draft with Eric Smith and Lowry. Allows us to go BPA, at least more so, that in our current position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He isn't a centerfielder type safety.... I would take Taylor Mays over Wilson and I'm not a Mays fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3517590][B]Where are all the Pats* fans?!??! [/B]OH! YOU SAID GIBRIL, NOT GERBIL!!! My bad! :D[/QUOTE]

Ahhh Where has our buddy Young Gerbil Fan gone to?? He must have a MILF and is afraid you'll try to steal her..:yes: