Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Donte Whitner on the trading block

Banned
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3517846]I thought we were all playing parts in this thread.. I've chosen the internet tough guy who makes ridiculous threats. :yes:

EDIT: I would split your lip though... for fun.[/QUOTE]

Okay, will remember next time. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Pac2566;3517846]I thought we were all playing parts in this thread.. I've chosen the internet tough guy who makes ridiculous threats. :yes:

It's opera you have to sing your part..:P

All Pro

im usually just the *******

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3517853]im usually just the *******[/QUOTE]

Okay I've misjudged you I suppose I thought we're a dick, I can accept a bastard.

Edit or a *******

All Pro
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3517857]Okay I've misjudged you I suppose I thought we're a dick, I can accept a bastard.

Edit or a *******[/QUOTE]

yup that sealed the deal

soooo what about whitner!?!

Banned
    Whitner, was improbable from the start why do you think this happened here?

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3517858]yup that sealed the deal

soooo what about whitner!?![/QUOTE]

Am I the only one here okay with Smith and Lowery splitting time at safety???

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3517862]Am I the only one here okay with Smith and Lowery splitting time at safety???[/QUOTE]

yea because we arent even kerry rhodes average with them

revis, cromartie, lowery, coleman, cole

leonhard, smith, ihedigbo...

we are thinnnn

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetTerp;3517833]Maybe it is the neanderthal in me, but[B] Opera just makes me want to kick the crap outta somebody.[/B] On the same note, classical music puts at complete peace. Go figure?[/QUOTE]

I get the same effect from listening to Slayer.... guess thats why I have to throw in some Broadway shows now and then, and listen to Symphony #7 or Moolight Sonata from Beethoven, as often as possible, to keep me at even keel.... :yes::D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Starkweather;3517862]Am I the only one here okay with Smith and Lowery splitting time at safety???[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with what ever Rex see's as right..I have never coached a top NFL defense as many here seem to have..:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3517869]yea because we arent even kerry rhodes average with them

revis, cromartie, lowery, coleman, cole

leonhard, smith, ihedigbo...

we are thinnnn[/QUOTE]

tell you what.... I wouldn't mind Sharper at safety... even if it is for only a year or two.

Possibly. I like Lowery, so if he played well I'd grow to like him pretty quickly.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3517876]tell you what.... I wouldn't mind Sharper at safety... even if it is for only a year or two.[/QUOTE]

well yeah absolutely but we will have to wait till what.. june 6th to sign him!?! if he makes it till then

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3517879]Possibly. I like Lowery, so if he played well I'd grow to like him pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

the dude does have a nose for the ball, and his horrific man-to-man skills wouldn't be put to test that often aqy safety... :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3517699]I can see the humor in your joke, but really, respect of culture is only homosexual to a complete philistine Milton being one of the greatest Poets and Corelli being my favorite Operatic singer. Now no need to take my criticisms personally, I disagreed with your stance not you personally. I don't know you and you don't know me, this is why argumentum ad hominem is the lowest form of internettalk.

Now I know integrity is a scary suggestion but it might make football talk more productive :yes:[/QUOTE]

Only a few people around here have actually used the word "philistine" in posts. Nice. :cool:

edit: and "blather" later on. Bonus points!
    Last edited by quantum; 03-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Starkweather;3517883]the dude does have a nose for the ball, and his horrific man-to-man skills wouldn't be put to test that often... :yes:[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but he profiles exactly like Antrel Rolle did when he moved to safety.

Thats optimistic though because Rolle was slightly more proven as a pro, I guess.

Banned
    There are so many options I think the decision might be to use someone already here who knows the scheme in which case Lowry or Smith might be the choice. As good as some of the names available are they'd have to have experience with Rex to be on equal playing field. Making Dawan seem like a possibilty.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3517783]I can assure you there is very little boring about being of my social position, your [B]scarecrow argument[/B] confusing it with posturing is meaningless to anyone with an IQ over 12. When I hear word like foppishness I can't repress a little laughter, it is always used by those resentful people who have failed and need someone to pick on.[/QUOTE]

Allow one of the lower-class sows to save you from wallowing in ignorance; it's a [I][B]straw man[/B][/I] argument, [U]not[/U] [I]scarecrow[/I]. I guess you can now bump that IQ of yours up a notch with this new-found knowledge. You're welcome.

Hall Of Fame
    I can understand operaguy's position here. Me... personally, I don't think anyone who can't build a house of get an engine running from a pile of scrap, is worth a half-a-sh*t, but that's me.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3517891]Allow one of the lower-class sows to save you from wallowing in ignorance; it's a [I][B]straw man[/B][/I] argument, [U]not[/U] [I]scarecrow[/I]. I guess you can now bump that IQ of yours up a notch with this new-found knowledge. You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

Valid point I've heard it both ways,

[URL="http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/think/strawman.htm"]http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/think/strawman.htm[/URL]

"It is occasionally called a straw dog fallacy, scarecrow argument, or wooden dummy argument."

but the more technical term is straw man argument.
    Last edited by operaguy; 03-07-2010 at 01:45 PM.