Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 107

Thread: Donte Whitner on the trading block

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349

    Donte Whitner on the trading block

    Beat writer Mark Gaughan speculates that veteran FS Donte Whitner could be on the trading block.
    Whitner played behind George Wilson at the strong safety spot late last season and he isn't going to unseat impressive second-year man Jairus Byrd at free safety. Still, Whitner would be high-quality depth and it's unlikely the Bills could get equal value for that in a trade.
    Source: Buffalo News
    http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/0...uncertain.html

    I doubt they would trade in-division, but at least an interesting option if they would.

  2. #2
    Whitner's a really good player, but the Bills wouldn't trade him to us.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Tanny get it done. An infinite improvement to old



    Can't believe the guys who are mourning Rhodes -- CoughGatoCough

  4. #4
    ^^ Can't believe an opera fan is making gay jokes. It's a f*cked world dude.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    ^^ Can't believe an opera fan is making gay jokes. It's a f*cked world dude.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/0...uncertain.html

    I doubt they would trade in-division, but at least an interesting option if they would.
    I'm not so sure the Bills wouldn't take a trade from anyone... they need help

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    :Bows:....dude's got two pictures of men with long flowing hair in all his posts for somethings sake...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    :Bows:....dude's got two pictures of men with long flowing hair in all his posts for somethings sake...
    I can see the humor in your joke, but really, respect of culture is only homosexual to a complete philistine Milton being one of the greatest Poets and Corelli being my favorite Operatic singer. Now no need to take my criticisms personally, I disagreed with your stance not you personally. I don't know you and you don't know me, this is why argumentum ad hominem is the lowest form of internettalk.

    Now I know integrity is a scary suggestion but it might make football talk more productive

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by operaguy View Post
    I can see the humor in your joke, but really, respect of culture is only homosexual to a complete philistine Milton being one of the greatest Poets and Corelli being my favorite Operatic singer. Now no need to take my criticisms personally, I disagreed with your stance not you personally. I don't know you and you don't know me, this is why argumentum ad hominem is the lowest form of internettalk.

    Now I know integrity is a scary suggestion but it might make football talk more productive
    I'm just busting balls. If I were gay I'm sure I'd like opera too.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I'm just busting balls. If I were gay I'm sure I'd like opera too.
    And if I were some Pleb in community college I'm sure I'd think it was really funny to pick on someone with money and culture.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,180
    if it where to be done it would be on draft day.. the bills would have to really want something to trade inside the divsion.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by operaguy View Post
    And if I were some Pleb in community college I'm sure I'd think it was really funny to pick on someone with money and culture.
    Oh, and believe me it was.

    BTW: Having money and culture doesn't make you a non-pleb. It makes you a pleb with money and an inflated sense of what culture is.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    17,749
    Quote Originally Posted by operaguy View Post
    And if I were some Pleb in community college I'm sure I'd think it was really funny to pick on someone with money and culture.
    You were doing well until this little nugget slipped out.

    I was impressed, you seem educated with your propensity to use big words, you enjoy culture, the "opera" angle exudes sophistication, but throwing in a economical stature tidbit makes you come off as insecure.

    All things considered = FAIL!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Oh, and believe me it was.

    BTW: Having money and culture doesn't make you a non-pleb. It makes you a pleb with money and an inflated sense of what culture is.
    SenorGato is maaaaaaaaan stfu -- everything this trite discussion has entailed leads me to believe you are a resentful member of the lower classes, now I refuse to be an apologist about culture and I expect to be attacked to some degree, but you're just too personally involved. Perhaps one day you'll better understand your motivations and then we'll be able to engage in a healthy dialogue until then I believe you have a bit of growing up to do.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You were doing well until this little nugget slipped out.

    I was impressed, you seem educated with your propensity to use big words, you enjoy culture, the "opera" angle exudes sophistication, but throwing in a economical stature tidbit makes you come off as insecure.

    All things considered = FAIL!
    Those who have it tend to expect this sort of treatment, I'm sorry if it seems paranoid but its something I've had to deal with.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by operaguy View Post
    SenorGato is maaaaaaaaan stfu -- everything this trite discussion has entailed leads me to believe you are a resentful member of the lower classes, now I refuse to be an apologist about culture and I expect to be attacked to some degree, but you're just too personally involved. Perhaps one day you'll better understand your motivations and then we'll be able to engage in a healthy dialogue until then I believe you have a bit of growing up to do.


    I'm not resentful of f*cking opera dude...I am growing resentful of some random opera queer calling me lower class while pretending he's not a pleb because of "culture." Lol. Iunno what f*ckin planet you're on...
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-07-2010 at 12:06 PM.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post


    I'm not resentful of f*cking opera dude...I am growing resentful of some random opera queer calling me lower class while pretending he's not a pleb because of "culture." Lol. Iunno what f*ckin planet you're on...
    No need to be hateful, like I said when you grow up a bit we can have this sort of discussion with out your narrow minded blather interfering.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by operaguy View Post
    No need to be hateful, like I said when you grow up a bit we can have this sort of discussion with out your narrow minded blather interfering.
    Listening to opera and reading poetry doesn't mean anything beyond you're listening to opera and reading poetry. Pretending it does does not make you higher class. It makes you a douche.

    You can't possibly expect anyone to believe you're as high class as you think you are because of f*cking opera and poetry. You're arguing with a mere community college pleb on an NFL/Jets message board lol...how classy can you possibly be?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-07-2010 at 11:59 AM.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    This slap fight is quite funny... good job guys.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Currently in NYC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Holy...listening to opera and reading poetry doesn't mean anything beyond you're listening to opera and reading poetry. Pretending it does does not make you higher class. It makes you a douche.

    Embodying the stereotype of the dumb American than falling back and attempting to call someone a phony doesn't make you any less of a Pleb. It makes you predictable, hypocritical, and pathetic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us