Thread: Jason Fergosun suspended 8 games for steroids

Veteran

Jason Fergosun suspended 8 games for steroids

ouch, he's done

Strike 2 for Ferguson on the juicing. Wish it would have been a mis-season pinch though.

LOL..He was all up in arms denying it back in '99.

Banned
    Big blow to the Fish. Cody will definitely be on their radar now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bcess;3517565]ouch, he's done[/QUOTE]

He'll be 36 in Nov and people complain about Big Jenks being old..:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3517571]Big blow to the Fish. Cody will definitely be on their radar now.[/QUOTE]

I wish...

But they'll probably end up with one of the good nose tackles like Dan WIlliams.

My guess is he was using them to try to speed up his recovery from that knee injury. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting him to come back. He's 35 years old and coming off a season ending injury. My guess is that he'll be retiring. It sucks too. He was probably the unsung hero of our defense. Without him, our run defense just fell apart.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3517724]My guess is he was using them to try to speed up his recovery from that knee injury. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting him to come back. He's 35 years old and coming off a season ending injury. My guess is that he'll be retiring. It sucks too. He was probably the unsung hero of our defense. Without him, our run defense just fell apart.[/QUOTE]

For a 7th rd pick he turned out to be a very versatile lineman in any system 4-3 or 3-4.. Fergy was a dam good player..

All League
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3517724]My guess is he was using them to try to speed up his recovery from that knee injury. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting him to come back. He's 35 years old and coming off a season ending injury. My guess is that he'll be retiring. It sucks too. He was probably the unsung hero of our defense. Without him, our run defense just fell apart.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for the Jets D between 2004 and without him in 2005. 5th in Run D in '04. Bradway lets him walk to Parcels and we get run over by everyone

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517733]For a 7th rd pick he turned out to be a very versatile lineman in any system 4-3 or 3-4.. Fergy was a dam good player..[/QUOTE]

+1

One of the better Jets draft picks of the past 20 years. I'm glad we got some mileage out of him before he went to the dark side.

He's toast now with this news at his age.

The fish are gonna have a hard time stopping the Jets running game next year. 3rd year for our Oline with Callahan- Shonns 2nd year in the system & we will have another kick *ss back on this roster, (Toby Gerhart) would be excellent with Shonn & Leon.

Even if Fins bring in a rookie nose, the Jets Oline with Mangold at the point is one helluva introduction from playing in College.

Awesome. I'm more concerned with stopping FINS run game :eek:

[QUOTE=jetster;3518529]The fish are gonna have a hard time stopping the Jets running game next year. 3rd year for our Oline with Callahan- Shonns 2nd year in the system & we will have another kick *ss back on this roster, (Toby Gerhart) would be excellent with Shonn & Leon.

Even if Fins bring in a rookie nose, the Jets Oline with Mangold at the point is one helluva introduction from playing in College.[/QUOTE]

Well everyone has trouble stopping your run game. Usually teams just pray that Sanchez finds a way to lose the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3518555]Well everyone has trouble stopping your run game. Usually teams just pray that Sanchez finds a way to lose the game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but they'll have to pray a lot harder following his rookie year. Sanchez was playing his best football at the end of the year in the playoffs against the best the AFC had to offer.

I'm optimistic defenses will have to actually stop the Jets. Waiting for Sanchez to implode is not as good a strategy as it was last October.

Veteran
    Ferguson never quite got the respect while he was in New York. I think he would be a good pick up if he could be had at the veteran minimum. Coming back at mid season, rested and fresh after a long suspension he could really be a security blanket if Kris Jenkins can't stay healthy for the complete season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3517724]My guess is he was using them to try to speed up his recovery from that knee injury. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting him to come back. He's 35 years old and coming off a season ending injury. My guess is that he'll be retiring. [B]It sucks too. He was probably the unsung hero of our defense. Without him, our run defense just fell apart[/B].[/QUOTE]

So did ours when he left.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Savage69;3517733]For a 7th rd pick he turned out to be a very versatile lineman in any system 4-3 or 3-4.. Fergy was a dam good player..[/QUOTE]

Only in his contract year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Piper;3518763]Only in his contract year.[/QUOTE]

As a rookie NT and in 98 he totaled 7 1/2 sacks then showed the same talent in the 4-3 when Hermie came in.. Not bad for a 7th rd pick to me..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Savage69;3518774]As a rookie NT and in 98 he totaled 7 1/2 sacks then showed the same talent in the 4-3 when Hermie came in.. Not bad for a 7th rd pick to me..[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he was no good. He was just much better in his walk years, and disappeared for long stretches in other years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Piper;3518783]I didn't say he was no good. [B]He was just much better in his walk years, and disappeared for long stretches in other years[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hello Kerry is that you???:P