Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: What was Mike Tannenbaum's best trade?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Favre

1 1.10%
  • Revis

72 79.12%
  • Shonn Greene

3 3.30%
  • Rhodes

0 0%
  • Cromartie

0 0%
  • Harris

0 0%
  • none of the above...enlight us!

15 16.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trader Mike

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517766]If that franchise QB proves to be great yes.. But as of now Revis is a potential HOF player Sanchez isn't..[/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3517826]True, the funny thing is I think the Jets wanted to rid themselves of Herm as much as KC wanted Herm, and what the hell throw Leon Washington into the deal.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that was under MT's watch. Thought it was previous regime. Great pickup to get LW lets see if he sticks around

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;3517962]Didn't realize that was under MT's watch. Thought it was previous regime. Great pickup to get LW lets see if he sticks around[/QUOTE]

Actually I think it was Terry Bradway because a lot of fans accused him of being in cahoots to force his way to KC. See how that worked out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, I voted for none simply because you don't even have Sanchez on the list. :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517766]If that franchise QB proves to be great yes.. But as of now Revis is a potential HOF player Sanchez isn't..[/QUOTE]

But Shonn Greene and Carrie Rhodes are on the list?
    How could you have Hollywood Rhodes on the list and not Sanchez?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Then cromartie shouldnt be up there either he isnt a hall of fame player. Sanchez is the best trade by far I have never seen a team move up to a #5 spot from #18 and take a potential franchise QB. look At the Saints they traded their entire draft picks plus a future#1 to move up and get Ricky Williams. For the price the Jets traded to move up is just astonishing. Im sorry you hate Sanchez that much but believe it or not that was the best trade I have ever seen a GM pull even if Sanchez doesnt become a HOF QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyjets1969;3518066]Then cromartie shouldnt be up there either he isnt a hall of fame player. Sanchez is the best trade by far I have never seen a team move up to a #5 spot from #18 and take a potential franchise QB. look At the Saints they traded their entire draft picks plus a future#1 to move up and get Ricky Williams. For the price the Jets traded to move up is just astonishing. Im sorry you hate Sanchez that much but believe it or not that was the best trade I have ever seen a GM pull even if Sanchez doesnt become a HOF QB.[/QUOTE]

Hate Sanchez?? Where did you get that from?? All I said at this point in time Revis is a potential HOF player and right now Sanchez isn't.. Will Sanchez ever have HOF potential? I hope so because I loved the trade up to get him..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyjets1969;3518066]Then cromartie shouldnt be up there either he isnt a hall of fame player. Sanchez is the best trade by far I have never seen a team move up to a #5 spot from #18 and take a potential franchise QB. look At the Saints they traded their entire draft picks plus a future#1 to move up and get Ricky Williams. For the price the Jets traded to move up is just astonishing. Im sorry you hate Sanchez that much but believe it or not that was the best trade I have ever seen a GM pull even if Sanchez doesn't become a HOF QB.[/QUOTE]

I would also think the trade to get Revis is the best trade because he has potential to be a great one and has proved what level he play at. Sanchez had a decent rookie season who flashed at the end of the year that he is the real deal. Right now Revis is the best player on the Jets. We all hope Sanchez becomes an elite QB. Mr T. had Revis pegged in the draft and went for it and he deserves the credit. I hope in 3 years Sanchez trade will be right there with Revis trade but to say right now Revis was a better trade then Sanchez is hate is juvenile.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moving up to #5 for our franchise QB Mark Sanchez!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3518084]I would also think the trade to get Revis is the best trade because he has potential to be a great one and has proved what level he play at. Sanchez had a decent rookie season who flashed at the end of the year that he is the real deal. Right now Revis is the best player on the Jets. We all hope Sanchez becomes an elite QB. Mr T. had Revis pegged in the draft and went for it and he deserves the credit. I hope in 3 years Sanchez trade will be right there with Revis trade but to say right now Revis was a better trade then Sanchez is hate is juvenile.[/QUOTE]

But you are basis the trade purely on talent level. I say Sanchez because we had to move up to #5 and the fact it was for our franchise QB. The Revis trade was mid first round. Not nearly as exciting. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;3517670]Mike T has made a lot of deals since becoming GM a number of them very good. Rate which one was best and tell why?[/QUOTE]

Silly poll. He traded up to get the best defensive player in football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3518084]I would also think the trade to get Revis is the best trade because he has potential to be a great one and has proved what level he play at. Sanchez had a decent rookie season who flashed at the end of the year that he is the real deal. Right now Revis is the best player on the Jets. We all hope Sanchez becomes an elite QB. Mr T. had Revis pegged in the draft and went for it and he deserves the credit. I hope in 3 years Sanchez trade will be right there with Revis trade but to say right now Revis was a better trade then Sanchez is hate is juvenile.[/QUOTE]

The jury is still out on whether the best was Revis or Sanchez. The Jenkins deal was obviously huge but he needs to stay on the field. Hopefully trader Mike has some other good deals up his sleeve!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    my vote is getting rid of Miss Sherry and getting two draft picks back for her