Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhodes Only Worth a 4th

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518035]There's no replacement now..But since we don't play for another 5+ months I don't see the immediate need that some of you do.. Why do people want the team set at every position in March?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

So we're clear, Savage, I'm not saying there's an immediate need (as in, right this second, day, or week).

I'm just judging the trade in the here-and-know.

You know the old saying, "Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war."

Well, until you've actually won the war, you're still just a loser.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3518097]So we're clear, Savage, I'm not saying there's an immediate need (as in, right this second, day, or week).

I'm just judging the trade in the here-and-know.

You know the old saying, "Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war."

Well, until you've actually won the war, you're still just a loser.[/QUOTE]

So when I was in the Military I was a loser until I got deployed??:eek: JK I know what you mean but the painting isn't finished yet so why say it sucks?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather have had a player for player trade, or even a 2011 3rd, which is the equivalent of a 2010 4th. Just because we've done well in the 4th round before (or have we? Rhodes sucks after all), doesn't mean that that's going to happen every year. We lost a starter in the 1st ranked secondary, hope we get a good replacement in there. Eric Smith isn't an adequate replacement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3518104]I'd rather have had a player for player trade, or even a 2011 3rd, which is the equivalent of a 2010 4th. Just because we've done well in the 4th round before (or have we? Rhodes sucks after all), doesn't mean that that's going to happen every year. We lost a starter in the 1st ranked secondary, hope we get a good replacement in there. [B]Eric Smith [/B]isn't an adequate replacement.[/QUOTE]

But he also was a starter in that first ranked secondary..The main reason we were ranked that high was 2 R's..Rex and Revis..:yes:
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-07-2010 at 06:08 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3517694]I dont get how trading Rhodes makes this team better. As for the worth, Randy Moss was worth a 4th. the fact he was worth anything is a testament to the fact he had value.
    [/QUOTE]

In the playoff game against SD, both sfaties made notable plays Leonhard, lost his helmet and still made a tackle, the other was beautiful saftey blitz excuted perfectly by a talented saftey, Kerry Rhodes, the play produced a sack and a forced fumble, but apperently KErry Rhodes was too eager to get up and pose for the camera then go for the fumble, as a mateer of fact he was posing while the play was still live with people fighting for the ball.

Now honestly, as good as people think Rhodes was ( he was an above avg saftey, who had 1 great year) is that the guy you want next to you in the fox hole, 98% of this team will run thru walls for rex and each other, the 2% that wont will be gone its that simple

I liked rhodes and had high hopes for him but it just wasnt workin and we essentially traded rhodes for cromartie and a 7th, ill take it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

good deal

This move was about shedding money of a slightly [U]above average[/U] player who was not happy and causing a distraction in order to sign our own young top shelf free agents next year like Harris, Revis, maybe Braylon, Leon etc

Rhodes has not been a [U]good[/U] player in 3 years. Eric Smith was able to replace him. What does that say about Rhodes? Not much. Smith is an Average player/backup. If Smith could replace him, I think we can find someone better than Smith in the draft or Released.

Remember Rhodes' Ints this year. They were loft balls. The guy was in the right place, so I won't totally take it away from him, but his athletecism and football intelligence is not special. Plus he doesn't like to tackle. Can't have that in the last line of defense. That's basic football.

Good move by Tanny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lot of argueing about Rhodes worth.
    Here's the bottom line:

Rex didn't like his attitude or his work ethic.
    Now if you guys who are Rhodes apologists aren't happy with the decision than question the man who made it- Rex

Just remember that you will be in disagreement with a man who has coached a top 10 defense from high school- through college- and in 2009 took the Jets pass defense from 32nd in the league to number one overall with 3 free agent signings- Scott/Leonard/Douglas.

In Rex we trust- end of story

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3518686]Lot of argueing about Rhodes worth.
    Here's the bottom line:

Rex didn't like his attitude or his work ethic.
    Now if you guys who are Rhodes apologists aren't happy with the decision than question the man who made it- Rex

Just remember that you will be in disagreement with a man who has coached a top 10 defense from high school- through college- and in 2009 took the Jets pass defense from 32nd in the league to number one overall with 3 free agent signings- Scott/Leonard/Douglas.

In Rex we trust- end of story[/QUOTE]

Agree
    Kerry Rhodes Lost respect of his teammates & coaches by not stepping up to be the man in the 46 defense-
    Custom built to make the saftey reek havoc.
    Tanny/Rex are building a Tough defense & Rhodes proved
    to be a Wuzzy.:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schein said (fwiw)that Rhodes was going to be cut before his bonus anyway, so it was good to get a 4 and a 7 for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm amazed at how overrated he is, by many, on this board. The dude was nothing special. Seriously, what has he done to make you think he won't be easily replaced. Did teams shy away from him? Were any recievers worried to go his way, with fears of getting crushed? Seriously, what has he done?

I'm happy to get a 4th for him.