Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REX TO RHODES "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME"!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518144][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]i call bull spit..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

you don't even remeber what kinda ball player aaron glenn was..[/QUOTE]

You think he was the hardest hitting corner ever and I thought he was a excellent cover corner and Kick returner.. Johnny Sample hit alot harder then Glenn ever did..:yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518150]You think he was the hardest hitting corner ever and I thought he was a excellent cover corner and Kick returner.. Johnny Sample hit alot harder then Glenn ever did..:yes:[/QUOTE]
    [B]johnny sample??[/B]

i'm not even that old 69.. :D

i do think he was like revis..

just not as talented..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518152][B]johnny sample??[/B]

i'm not even that old 69.. :D

i do think he was like revis..

just not as talented..[/QUOTE]

Glenn was excellent but Revis is a rare talent you don't see often he's on his own planet..

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518158]Glenn was excellent but Revis is a rare talent you don't see often he's on [B]his own planet[/B]..[/QUOTE]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]or island at least..[/COLOR][/B]

right and look who cromartie did play for. marty schot and then norv turner. anyone thinks they know where norv's head is? this is what should make the cromartie trade a good one.

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3517970]The thing about Cromartie is that he hasn't played for Rex yet. Rhodes had a chance to prove himself and he didn't. He had enough opportunities and he didn't bring what Rex expected him to bring. Plus we don't know what Rhodes did behind closed doors. Judging from some articles and tweets (small sample size I'll admit that) he wasn't really a good soldier. Cromartie comes in with a clean slate and he has a chance to prove himself to Rex. I think Ryan has proven that he can get the most out of "HIS" guys...[/QUOTE]

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3518150]You think he was the hardest hitting corner ever and I thought he was a excellent cover corner and Kick returner.. Johnny Sample hit alot harder then Glenn ever did..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Wow, Johnny Sample. Now that brings back memories. Thanks man:)
    Talk about smash mouth football. That team broght it baby.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518042]

i have much more respect for corners that play like football players instead of divas..

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518139]heart travels fellas..

heart is not about throwing a pick at the worst possible time..

i am talking about a guy who simply had no interest in making the the 2 biggest tackles of his life..[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are trying to compare Kerry Rhodes--a Safety--to Antonio Cromartie--a Cornerback.

No idea.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3518131]He's a corner that can jam people at the line;

.[/QUOTE]

YOU have a VERY good idea what you are talking about.

:yes:

Geez, 13, give it up. I think you are severely confused.

Jets Insider VIP
    summary

adding cro for lito and a 3 or 2 next year was a huge upgrade for the Jet defense

subtracting Sherry for a 4 and a 7 next year was a huge upgrade for the Jet defense

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3518233][B]You have no idea what you are talking about. You are trying to compare Kerry Rhodes--a Safety--to Antonio Cromartie--a Cornerback. [/B]
    No idea.

YOU have a VERY good idea what you are talking about.

Geez, 13, give it up. I think you are severely confused.[/QUOTE]
    look, i maybe nuts but not because i think a CB ([B]yes a CB[/B]) should be ready, willing & able to tackle..

confused my a**!!
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 03-08-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3517996]Soon to be HOF, one of the greatest CBs in history Deion Sanders says hi.

:wave2:[/QUOTE]

One of the greatest CB's that wouldn't tackle. :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3518346]look, i maybe nuts but not because i think a CB ([B]yes a CB[/B]) should be ready, willing & able to tackle..

confused my a**!![/QUOTE]

To your point, Lester Hayes was a CB who loved to hit and tackle.

it is kinda funny that people think this is about tackling skills.

Cro is getting 1.2 million this year... Rhodes was due to get about 5 in salary and bonus. This was a pure money save move. Rhodes is still a good football player, they just wanted to save money. The only person who has gotten anything from the JEts in the last 6 weeks is Nick Folk.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3518542]it is kinda funny that people think this is about tackling skills.

Cro is getting 1.2 million this year... Rhodes was due to get about 5 in salary and bonus. This was a pure money save move. Rhodes is still a good football player, they just wanted to save money. The only person who has gotten anything from the JEts in the last 6 weeks is Nick Folk.[/QUOTE]
    That may have something to do with it, I agree, but I still think the Jets are willing to give money to people they feel are worth money. That being said the Jets secondary will look very different next season in that we won't see a safety lining up 20-25 yards off the ball anymore with Cro and Revis at CB.

[QUOTE=sg3;3518266]summary

adding cro for lito and a 3 or 2 next year was a huge upgrade for the Jet defense

subtracting Sherry for a 4 and a 7 next year was a huge upgrade for the Jet defense[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=jetswin;3518545]That may have something to do with it, I agree, but I still think the Jets are willing to give money to people they feel are worth money. That being said the Jets secondary will look very different next season in that we won't see a safety lining up 20-25 yards off the ball anymore with Cro and Revis at CB.[/QUOTE]

+1

I can't wait to have a Safety who's actually active in the play. If we can find someone who resembles Polamalu's style of play that would be great. But I'd settle for a solid safety who's ready to make big plays at a very important position in Rex's defense. Obviously that wasn't what Kerry Rhodes has in mind.

Bottom line. Which secondary is better?

1) Rhoads, Leonard, Revis, and Lowery/or rookie CB drafted with 29th pick

or

2) Leonard, Revis, Cromartie, and Smith/or rookie S drafted with 29th pick

IMO it's a no-brainer the upgrade at #2 CB is substantial while the downgrade in production from Rhoads to Smith is not so much. The loss of Rhoads may be apparent when the Jets do not have him to cover a team's all-pro TE, but I do believe the Jets will scheme to have Cromartie assume that coverage since he has the size to do so.

Finally, I think the comparison of Cromartie and Rhoads as "underacheivers" is very interesting when you consider that Rhoads failed to impress when asked to "do more", while Cromartie had a problem with being asked to "do less" by playing zone coverage rather than man.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3518581]Bottom line. Which secondary is better?

1) Rhoads, Leonard, Revis, and Lowery/or rookie CB drafted with 29th pick

or

2) Leonard, Revis, Cromartie, and Smith/or rookie S drafted with 29th pick

IMO it's a no-brainer the upgrade at #2 CB is substantial while the downgrade in production from Rhoads to Smith is not so much. The loss of Rhoads may be apparent when the Jets do not have him to cover a team's all-pro TE, but I do believe the Jets will scheme to have Cromartie assume that coverage since he has the size to do so.

Finally, I think the comparison of Cromartie and Rhoads as "underacheivers" is very interesting when you consider that Rhoads failed to impress when asked to "do more", while Cromartie had a problem with being asked to "do less" by playing zone coverage rather than man.[/QUOTE]

Good post Sonny