Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REX TO RHODES "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME"!

REX TO RHODES "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME"!

This was was what the Rhodes trade was about. Don't PLAY HARD and HIT, you get jettisoned for a 4th. REX is the greatest and most loyal guy in the world, but, you gotta EARN your keep. Addition by subtraction, a message sent.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFlp6kl508[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    When all you hear about are guys WANTING to play for Rex, WANTING to play in his type of scheme, WANTING to be part of what Rex is all about--his scheme and his persona, the fact that Rex threw him to the curb tells you all you need to know about Rhodes.

And I'm a Rhodes fan and was hoping he'd stay, thought we'd have a GREAT secondary as formerly constitutied.

Not only is he dead to Rex, what are other teams going to think about him when his contract is up?

That he couldn't play for Rex? That he didn't WANT to play for Rex?

If you can't or don't want to play for Rex, one of the most aggressive, loyal, brilliant defensive minds out there, a guy players will run through walls for--you're dead to a LOT of teams, no?

[QUOTE=JStokes;3517870]When all you hear about are guys WANTING to play for Rex, WANTING to play in his type of scheme, WANTING to be part of what Rex is all about--his scheme and his persona, the fact that Rex threw him to the curb tells you all you need to know about Rhodes.

And I'm a Rhodes fan and was hoping he'd stay, thought we'd have a GREAT secondary as formerly constitutied.

Not only is he dead to Rex, what are other teams going to think about him when his contract is up?

If you can't or don't want to play for Rex, one of the most aggressive, loyal, brilliant defensive minds out there, a guy players will run through walls for--you're dead to a LOT of teams, no?[/QUOTE]

Right on the money Stokes

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3517870]When all you hear about are guys WANTING to play for Rex, WANTING to play in his type of scheme, WANTING to be part of what Rex is all about--his scheme and his persona, the fact that Rex threw him to the curb tells you all you need to know about Rhodes.

If you can't or don't want to play for Rex, one of the most aggressive, loyal, brilliant defensive minds out there, a guy players will run through walls for--you're dead to a LOT of teams, no?[/QUOTE]

Great statement and well written. I agree completely.

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3517800]This was was what the Rhodes trade was about. [B]Don't PLAY HARD and HIT[/B], you get jettisoned for a 4th. REX is the greatest and most loyal guy in the world, but, you gotta EARN your keep. Addition by subtraction, a message sent.[/QUOTE]
    yeah but we just signed cro.. :hmm:

+1

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517894]yeah but we just signed cro.. :hmm:[/QUOTE]

he's a CORNERBACK and not a SAFETY

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.

Cro is a good man-to-man cover corner... in this D his job wont often be in fun support. Plus the addition of him kinda made the Rhodes trade possible, because getting that type of CB allows us to do less covering with the safety and allows us to use a safety in run support more. Smith is better in run suppoer, and a hard hitter... more of what Rex is looking for now that we have 2 good cover corners.

All League
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3517902]he's a CORNERBACK and not a SAFETY[/QUOTE]
    yeah i get that part..

my point is he's a[B] bad joke [/B]in run support..

at least he was when he had chances to tackle greene & jones in the playoffs..

Rookie

The corners need to cover and be ok in run support.
    The safetys need ball hawk skills, great in run support AND HIT LIKE A MACK TRUCK.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3517920][B]The corners need to cover and be ok in run support.[/B]The safetys need ball hawk skills, great in run support AND HIT LIKE A MACK TRUCK.[/QUOTE]
    aaron glenn was pretty much the smallest guy on the field when he played & he would lay the wood on a RB in a [B]heart beat[/B]..

i don't give corners a pass on flat out not wanting to hit people..

Rookie
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517926]aaron glenn was pretty much the smallest guy on the field when he played & he would lay the wood on a RB in a [B]heart beat[/B]..

i don't give corners a pass on flat out not wanting to hit people..[/QUOTE]

Agree, loved Glenn. Man could he lay the wood. Wish CRO could lay THIS kind of wood:P
    I think with our press coverage the CBs wont need to be big hit monsters,just good.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsonly;3517941]Agree, loved Glenn. Man could he lay the wood. [B]Wish CRO could lay THIS kind of wood[/B]:P
    I think with our press coverage the CBs wont need to be big hit monsters,just good.[/QUOTE]
    yeah, cro seems to make his biggest "hits" off the field.. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517926]aaron glenn was pretty much the smallest guy on the field when he played & he would lay the wood on a RB in a [B]heart beat[/B]..

i don't give corners a pass on flat out not wanting to hit people..[/QUOTE]

I don't remember Glenn being a great tackler?? The Cro had a season with more tackles then Glenn ever did.. The Cro had 60 the highest Glenn had was 58..:confused:

He is now the 5th starter from game 1 vs Houston to become a ex NYJ.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3517892]Great statement and well written. I agree completely.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3517956][B]I don't remember Glenn being a great tackler?? [/B]The Cro had a season with more tackles then Glenn ever did.. The Cro had 60 the highest Glenn had was 58..:confused:[/QUOTE]
    well he was.. :shakehead

the point is glenn had the balls to hit somebody when given the chance..

All Pro
    The thing about Cromartie is that he hasn't played for Rex yet. Rhodes had a chance to prove himself and he didn't. He had enough opportunities and he didn't bring what Rex expected him to bring. Plus we don't know what Rhodes did behind closed doors. Judging from some articles and tweets (small sample size I'll admit that) he wasn't really a good soldier. Cromartie comes in with a clean slate and he has a chance to prove himself to Rex. I think Ryan has proven that he can get the most out of "HIS" guys...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3517968]well he was.. :shakehead

the point is glenn had the balls to hit somebody when given the chance..[/QUOTE]

I remember him pushing guys out of bounds but for their equal weight I think Jim Leonhard is a better tackler then Glenn who until Revis came along was our best DB ever..

Hall Of Fame

[B]i don't give corners a pass on flat out not wanting to hit people[/B]..[/QUOTE]

Soon to be HOF, one of the greatest CBs in history Deion Sanders says hi.

:wave2: